Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roguedawg

greetings from the new guy

Hello everbody!I'm roguedawg and I'm new to startrekfans.net.I got a little tired of startrek.com and its never-ending technical problems,lousy admin,and rude posters.I was starting to feel like a bit of a masochist spending so much time there.When I logged on there this morning and was met by more glitches i had had enough and took a poster's advice to come here.I'll tell you a little about myself.I live in California,but grew up in southern Louisiana(which I still consider home).I'm pretty much a homebody,and i spend way to much time in front of my computer and on the couch watching television.I'm 31-years old and have been raising my two nephews since I was 15 and a sophomore in high school(my brothers a deadbeat who enjoys making babies but not taking care of them).So I'm a veteran 'parent'.I don't think I've done a bad job,either.My boys are good kids.Obviously I love Star Trek.I watched the TOS reruns as a kid,but didn't get into the phenomenon until Star Trek:TNG debuted.Since then,I've began reading the paperback novels,recording the shows,buying the movies,etc.i've only got two close friends here where i live,and they're both certified lunatics who enjoy pretending to be me on the internet,and sending me all sorts of disgusting things in my e-mail addresses.But I still like them(maybe I am a masochist).Well,hello.I'm looking forward to talking 'Trek with y'all on a decent site.

Welcome aboard! I know you will like it here much better, I think most of us here are refugees from ST.COM. The more I see their new site the more I miss the old one.

I'm Kevin (VaBeachGuy or just VBG for short), I'm glad to meet another 30 something fan. I've been watching Star Trek since almost the day I was born (in '69).

Again, Welcome!

wavey.gifWelcome to startrekfans roguedawg!

We have some things in common, my dad is from LA. he currently lives in Sunset. I am a Cajun by blood but not in spirit, he and I had a falling out over a choice he made when I was very young so I abandoned my heritage and became a Californian. :blink: You'll find me parked on this site around 12 to 15 hours a day (with few exceptions) and I would not have it any other way. :lol: I too have a brother who thinks with his wrong head - just like our dad did. ;) I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Trek, thanks for coming to see us. (!) I almost forgot, how will we be able to tell if we are seeing posts made by you and not those imitators, any clues you can give us to be on the lookout for would be helpful. :o

Stardate:213589.6

Welcome to the boards!!!!!

I am also a refugee from st.com:shudders:

Welcome To The Boards!!!!

I too was a refugee from ST.com, you'll find it is overall much more friendly here! Family oriented too :blink: my little sister(EmilSoong) and little brother(wookieofborg) joined today. My other "sister" joined too...sexykitten69(she is my sister's friend)

Welcome to StarTrekFans.net Roguedawg..You'll like it here..This is a great site... :blink:

Hello! I'm a new guy! My name is Lore and I would like to extend a warm welcome to another new guy! So, welcome to the boards, and I hope you have as much fun as I hope to have getting to know this www address!

WELCOME! Ahh, I remember st.com...me and quite a lot of others are refugees from that heck hole...

But stfans.net is fantastic, so enjoy yourself!