Sign in to follow this  
Lakia

Colour of the doctor's shirt

Is the doctor's shirt blue or green?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Is the doctor's shirt blue or green?

• Blue
    • Green

Me and my sister put a bet on the colour of the Doctor's shirt after talking one night and decided to settle it after looking closely during a Voyager episode. Well, we watched the episode but I still think its blue and my sister still thinks it green. What do you guys think, more blue or closer to green?

Or maybe it's just the lighting....

The DS9 uniforms looked a lot 'bluer' than the Voyager ones. And the coloured band across the shoulders was efinitely higher. Especially Worf's. Though I think that was to make him look bigger.

I would go with some sort of green. I always wondered why this shirt did not have the blue color that was used in DS9.

I am still confused about it... Maybe it looked special because he is a holographic projection or something...

Mrs. Captain Picard

To me it looks teal. It could be several things that make it look blue sometimes and green others. Fabric plays into it. Some fabrics absorb light more then others, while others reflect light. Lighting plays alot into it also.

Speaking of...anyone notice that the ENT uniforms sometimes appear very blue and other times more navy? I know that is a case of the lighting. Notice Archer's gold stripes. When the uniform appears bluer, the stripes take on a mustard color. That's the combimation of blue light on gold pigment. When the uniform appears more navy, the stripes appear more gold, its true color. (absence of blue light) I must say the lighting crew does a great job of keeping the blue lights off the cast's faces.

OK, it is green. I've always thought it was green. It always looks green. Every time I've seen it, it looks green. Just look at this and tell me that's not green. That's green.

OK, it is green.  I've always thought it was green.  It always looks green.  Every time I've seen it, it looks green.  Just look at this and tell me that's not green.  That's green.

Yep, that's green all right.

Looks Blue-Green. Alittle Bit of Blue, Little bit of Green, nothing solid :laugh:

He's wearing blue in the Trek Encyclopedia.

The Correct Color for his Field is Blue, but lighting may affect it.

Also, I've notived that color look different on differnt Channels.

I've seen the same Episode of SG-1 on FOX, UPN, and WB. The Coloring was somewhat different on all 3

I agree with Lt. Riann. It looks teal, which is a combination of blue and green, I believe.

How come it's blue in Seasons 6 & 7?

(that picture is a Season 1 promo photo)

Here's a picture from season six. It's still green.

Yep, it's still green.

In this pic it is blue. It should be blue because blue is science. Medical is part of science.

320x240.jpg

I've been confused about uniform colour on other series too. There were some episodes of TNG where Beverly Crusher's uniform looked more teal to me than blue.

Here are some pictures that show Crusher, Bashir and EMH wearing teal.

Click for Spoiler:

beverly.gif1_bashir.jpgdoctor.gif

i personally think its a dark turquois myself , but maybe my t.v is off ,heck maybe im off. :P

The medical uniforms are supposed to be blue. The EMH's uniform might have a tint of green in it, but it should be blue. Perhaps it was the TV...?

I always thought it was blue! :lol: But now that I look more closely at those pics provided (thank you, btw :lol: ), it looks more teal. Maybe I was expecting blue, and so saw blue? :rolleyes:

I looked at the picture of the doctor and I say the color is green.

Anyway I voted for the green shirt. :rolleyes:

Well, I've seen others on Voyager. You know, just random people walking around in the halls or sitting at the next table in the mess hall. The ones who aren't wearing red and mustard are wearing green.

After watching a Voyager marathon I had time to look at it quite closely. Too me, sometimes it looks blue and sometimes looks green. It usually depends on the light. When he is shadowed it looks more green and when he is in light it looks more light. At the times when he is under quite bright light such as when he's on the bridge or in daylight it looks quite blue to me. But I still say its BLUE

I made the votes even, I think it's blue, but i do believe that in some episodes due to the light it appears to be blue-green. Or maybe its our eyes just playing tricks on us!!!!

:bow: Bel Ami :)

I just read a interview with Bob Blackman the costume designer in which he said

"So, as the uniforms have changed, over the three series that I’ve worked on, I’ve kept a colour palette - that sort of wine, burgundy, red, is for command, gold is for tactical and security, the sort of teal blue is medical and science. So I’ve kept those categories the same throughout."

Here that, teal blue. :)

Well I found something interesting that could answer the question of the uniform color... (or it causes more confusion perhaps :) )

Watch the TNG episode "Remember Me". Beverly is visited by an old friend of her, and this man wears a green medical uniform while Beverly weares the blue one. Look at it, it are really different colors.

:bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

It is green! I was all confused and stuff because they said green wasn't a uniform color and I was like "Why is his shirt green?!?!" and I saw he had a green shirt and I couldn't believe it so I aksed my Trek-buddies and they gave me a link to this thread! *gasp* GREEN!

................ green.................... GREEN

I think there was some assistant in the costume department who got chewed out after buying the wrong color material, then it was to late to redo the costumes so they went with it hoping most of us were colorblind. <_<