Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

I have Sold my Soul to the Devil

Yeah I did it so some of my friends would quit sending me invites to theirs, so basically I could Shut them up, but its fun to do when bored

Well, you should be happy to know that the Dynamic Duo of Jimmy and Gary the Phasers absolutely refuse to join.

A veritable Batman And Robin of cyber-justice. Which I guess makes you Catwoman, since you have an affinity for one of them, yet are now on the side of evil.

I wonder if that makes me Commissioner Gordon.....maybe Sgt. Bullock.

According to one source I heard, Myspace has something like 70 million members, or some foolishness like that, and 80% are over the age of 18...That surprised me...

I heard about myspace from some moms I know that joined - so they could check out what their kids were up to. Wake up call - these mom's were reading what their kids were saying about them and getting the details of who they were dating etc.

Don't you need to be accepted by the person whos site it is in order to be able to read the stuff? If so, what kid would allow their parents to join?

You can view any site unless the owner has it set to private. This includes reading a blog if they have one. You have to be accepted as a 'Friend' to be able to leave comments, etc.

I heard about myspace from some moms I know that joined - so they could check out what their kids were up to. Wake up call - these mom's were reading what their kids were saying about them and getting the details of who they were dating etc.

That is so awesome. :elephant:

I guess I am just stupid, but exactly what is "myspace" for, other than hooking up with underage kids for sex (as seen on Dateline NBC)?

That CANNOT be the only thing it is used for, in spite of what NBC would have us believe.

Why would one need this? I can get whatever I need from visiting various topic specific message boards ... I don't really care to share personal info nor do I want to read anyone elses. But perhaps that is not what "myspace" is for, or is it?

Confused.

Edited by gul_nodrog

I guess I am just stupid, but exactly what is "myspace" for, other than hooking up with underage kids for sex (as seen on Dateline NBC)?

That CANNOT be the only thing it is used for, in spite of what NBC would have us believe.

Why would one need this? I can get whatever I need from visiting various topic specific message boards ... I don't really care to share personal info nor do I want to read anyone elses. But perhaps that is not what "myspace" is for, or is it?

Confused.

I've often wondered the same thing. I guess its for people that don't have any friends in the real world and compensate for this by making "cyber" friends using sites like this.

I keep in touch with friends from school and ones that moved away, I also joined sveral groups like WWE, ECW, Video Games, Etc. to use their forums