Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APW

Chick Publications

The web site is also one of the BIGGEST anti-Catholicism site that I know so well. The page so many lies about my religion I can't even begin to count the ways. There is so much hate towards Catholics its unbearable. I don’t recommend Chick to learn anything about my religion.

Odie, I am sorry that you have to experience that but I know what it is like. You know, a co-worker and I were talking a little about religion and society at lunch the other day and one thing we agreed on is that too many faiths are so busy fighting other faiths that they're making it easy for the real adversary to win. :nono:

It is disturbing that many people would rather share their ignorance than finding the truth. I wish it could be different.

Odie, I sympathise, I am Anglican, and I have never thought ill of the catholocI faith, I have seen more similarities between Anglican (which I am) and catholic faiths than disparities.

I don't get why religions have to go there with the hatred, did they not see what hatred for one group based on colour or religion across time has done???

I had not heard of Chick Publications before this. I looked at their website today. Wow! What a negative view of other religions, especially Islam and Catholicism. What an amazing amount of paranoia and conspiracy theories.

I also read a section about witnessing in malls where the comparision was made that since it is ok for someone to talk about a vacation they took and hand someone a pamplet they had in their pocket or purse, therefore it is ok to go to the mall and hand out religious pamphlets. IMO there is a difference in that the person handing out religious pamphlets comes to the mall intending to pass out mass quantities of pamplets while in the vacation example a person just happened to have a pamphlet with them. I'm just pointing out the illogic of the comparison, not commenting on whether groups can pass out literature in public.

I've read these things before..

They're anti-Catholick, Dungeons and Dragons, Halloween, evolutionary theory, rock and roll, and a good plenty other things.

Some people find them unintentionally funny though.

Here's the rather read parody of it via H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos...

PraiseCthulhu.jpg

Odie, I sympathise, I am Anglican, and I have never thought ill of the catholocI faith, I have seen more similarities between Anglican (which I am) and catholic faiths than disparities.

I don't get why religions have to go there with the hatred, did they not see what hatred for one group based on colour or religion across time has done???

And not too long ago people were getting killed in Northern Ireland over religion. The whole thing goes totally against Jesus teachings.

Nonetheless, Chick tracts do a great job of witnessing to people.

Not to be too much of a horse's rear, but I share their opinion of many other religious philosophies. But I do not agree with everything on the site, like Chick's opinion that only the King James Bible is acceptable for study, or that Halloween and D&D are inherently Satanic.

I've been both Catholic and Baptist. I now consider myself just a Christian. Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal etc... are just denominations of the Christian faith. We all believe that Jesus is the Christ and through Him we were cleansed.

As for the Chick Tracts, I've read them for years. Most of them I enjoyed some of them I didn't fully agree with. It's probably been 10 years (or more) since I've seen any though.

Not to be too much of a horse's rear, but I share their opinion of many other religious philosophies

IMO if you're truly a Christian you shouldn't have to teach lies and hatred towards other religions to further your own beliefs - your message should be able to stand on it's own.

:laugh: This is the best I have seen, but I think we all fall into the first part. I can't say that I have totaly made it yet to the second part as the over powering Free Will is still alive in me and no matter how hard I try to shut it up, it's there whispering in my head. I just know that at the age of 52 I have learn to disconnect the line between though and mouth. But no matter how hard things have been for me , I learned that keeping a good sense of humor keeps evil thoughts away.

Not to be too much of a horse's rear, but I share their opinion of many other religious philosophies

IMO if you're truly a Christian you shouldn't have to teach lies and hatred towards other religions to further your own beliefs - your message should be able to stand on it's own.

Well, like I said. I like the tracts. I don't agree with everything the late Jack Chick believed, but I do agree with some of his opinions on some of the other religions discussed at his site. My only intent in posting the link was to share the site. I used to read the tracts as a kid and really enjoyed them (Chaetaya's favorite is also mine :laugh: ). I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'd rather have the whole thing deleted if it really upsets other members.

I have yet found any truths Catholic Religion in his tracks. All through the tracks I find he has lot hated and miss represents Catholics especially in America. That is not spreading Jesus teaching for he did say to love one any other as you would love yourself. I don't see how misrepresenting any religion has done a great job in witnessing.

I actually agree with Jack Chick that Roman Catholicism is bad. That's why I think it's a good idea to warn people about that church. Since you are Catholic (I think), of course, you wouldn't like that. I'm not even going to get into the thousand-and-one reasons I have, to think ill of the RC Church or Vatican.

The information is very, very wrong. You may or may not agree with my faith, but it doesn't give any the right to spread lies about it.

Of course I am a Catholic.

Somebody ought to tell the Catholic church that.

In the late 90's they ran a smear campaign throughout northern Mexico warning the mexicans not to trust the "evil" Pentecostal preachers or convert to the Pentecostal faith.

I have the same right to promote my faith that you have. And that includes providing accurate information as to the history of brutality and heresy of the papcy and Roman catholic church.

This thread should be closed before I start a flamewar. I feel one coming on. :laugh: