Sign in to follow this  
Validus

Anyone here like Whiskey?

I don't mean Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. I mean a good quality 12 year old aged single malt or blended scotch. I've been trying different brands and so far my favorite blend is J. Walker Black Label, aged 12 years and very good with ice and a cigar. So far the best single malt I've had is Connemara from Cooley's based in Ireland. It has a very smooth peaty taste and isn't for the casual drinker ($47.99 a bottle) but well worth the price.

I've also found that I enjoy a good stout beer, mainly Guiness.

Tried it once or twice as a teenager.

Didn't really like Jack Daniels or Jim Beam.

Actually, I tried tons of liquor between 17-and-21 and only found one palatable...Chekov's beloved "Wodka".

And I don't even like that too much.

I'm a soda pop man.

Nothing girly like Pepsi, though.

I'm hard core. It's coke straight...or nothing at all.

:tear: And just between us....sometimes I drink it warm! Yep. Nothing soft about APW.

Edited by APW

I've wanted to try that...Is it as good as the hype?

For sure. It is definitely one of the best brands out there.

From their website:

F. Paul Pacult's Spirit Journal, the world's leading authority on spirits, awarded Crown Royal a three-star (recommended) rating in its definitive 2004 retasting program and described it as a "lovely low-key whisky."

Crown Royal Special Reserve was awarded a five-star (highest recommendation) rating in the same program and was described as "Canada's foremost whisky" and "nothing short of incredible."

I don't mean Jack Daniels or Jim Beam. I mean a good quality 12 year old aged single malt or blended scotch. I've been trying different brands and so far my favorite blend is J. Walker Black Label, aged 12 years and very good with ice and a cigar. So far the best single malt I've had is Connemara from Cooley's based in Ireland. It has a very smooth peaty taste and isn't for the casual drinker ($47.99 a bottle) but well worth the price.

I've also found that I enjoy a good stout beer, mainly Guiness.

I like Glenfiddich (sp) That is 30 year old single malt. Great stuff. Strickly straight with no ice or anything.

Glenfiddich WOW, the 30 year old stuff is over $300.00 now. It sure has gone up in the last 20 years.

Edited by Data

So whats wrong with Jack and Jim, if thats what you like, then more power to you, one thing I know the Price of something doesnt mean its better, alot of the time you just pay for the name, for a shot that will kick you in the Nuts, jack Daniels is the way to go

So whats wrong with Jack and Jim, if thats what you like, then more power to you, one thing I know the Price of something doesnt mean its better, alot of the time you just pay for the name, for a shot that will kick you in the Nuts, jack Daniels is the way to go

Jack Daniels has a harsh taste and makes me loopy (don't ask). Single malt scotch has a smooth taste and is worth the price. Now if you were talking about brandy, I would not waste the money for the expensive stuff. But good scotch is a pleasure. Actually I like good Irish too, val.

Edited by Data

I've wanted to try that...Is it as good as the hype?

For sure. It is definitely one of the best brands out there.

From their website:

F. Paul Pacult's Spirit Journal, the world's leading authority on spirits, awarded Crown Royal a three-star (recommended) rating in its definitive 2004 retasting program and described it as a "lovely low-key whisky."

Crown Royal Special Reserve was awarded a five-star (highest recommendation) rating in the same program and was described as "Canada's foremost whisky" and "nothing short of incredible."

For that, I may need to convince ol' Squiddy to go out to Foremost and pick up some Crown Royaale (to quote Big and Rich). Takara, I can't speak for Jimmy, but you've got me wanting to try a shot of it.

All this talk about whiskey I might try some. :o

Oh if i was single :lol: :P B) :tear::eek:

Try a Black Velvet and Ginger Ale, good Whiskey drink

or a BVB, Thats a Shot of Black Velvet and Butterscotch Schnapps (SP)

Personally, I'm a rum person myself. Usually if I drink wiskey, I go with SoCo 100. (The 100 proof type of Southern Comfort.) Some people find SoCo way to sweet, and with the regular kind I agree. But the 100 proof kind, mixed with cola, will knock you on your @$$. :P

All this talk about whiskey I might try some. :P

Oh if i was single :( :eek: B) :tear: :lol:

Try a Black Velvet and Ginger Ale, good Whiskey drink

or a BVB, Thats a Shot of Black Velvet and Butterscotch Schnapps (SP)

If you like Black Velvet, try it with root beer. Barq's is the best. It's actually pretty dang good.

Dammit, now I want to have a Velvet Beer.... :o

:P

Nope i am a vodka man...but my step dad loves Jack Daniels...infact if my little sis was born a buy the name would be "Jack Daniels"....but she was a girl so they called her.."Jacqueline Danielle" instead :tear:

I like Tequila, but after the infamous World Series Championship party, they won't let me drink it anymore!

I will never again toach Tequila again.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
I keep saying that after the hang over I had the last time I had some Tequila. :tear:
Edited by Odie

I like Tequila, but after the infamous World Series Championship party, they won't let me drink it anymore!

That's too bad about not being able to drink tequilla anymore. I know a wonderful mixed drink that has tequilla but I don't recommend making it at home. It's called a Paralyzer. It's 1 ounce tequilla (or vodka but tequilla's better), 1 ounce Kahlua and equal parts milk and coke (it doesn't seem to work well unless it's the fountain coke). It's excellent. I haven't had it for a while... probably around 12 years ago... that would be about 9 months before my daughter was born I think. Just kidding!!!!

I keep saying that after the hang over I had the last time I had some Tequila. :nono:

That's too bad about not being able to drink tequilla anymore. I know a wonderful mixed drink that has tequilla but I don't recommend making it at home. It's called a Paralyzer. It's 1 ounce tequilla (or vodka but tequilla's better), 1 ounce Kahlua and equal parts milk and coke (it doesn't seem to work well unless it's the fountain coke). It's excellent. I haven't had it for a while... probably around 12 years ago... that would be about 9 months before my daughter was born I think. Just kidding!!!!

Lol, Takara! that was good. I'll give that one a try next time I go to the bar *Waits for objections from the Phaserboys*

Anyone in america who lives near the canada boder

knows of Crowm Royal In its blue felt tie bag.

About 20 years ago my uncle who has never drank gave me a bottle

that wasat least 30 years old. like a dumb you know i opened it and

drank it. Now Crown Royal is the smoothest. Wiskey i have ever tasted

No disrespect to american stuff. Man i wish i had that bottle back