Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

T'Pol's new look

From SFX

Written by Bill Williams

'T'Pol' is about to get a makeover, and Jolene Blalock has revealed some of what's in store for her Vulcan counterpart in the upcoming third season of ENTERPRISE.

"She's not going to have her usual uniform," Blalock said to Beaumont Livingston of SFX. "No catsuit. I get to have input into the designs of her outfits and in the design of the wig this time, so I'm very fortunate as an actress, trying to stay absolutely true to her character... they will be ensemble sets instead of a one-piece suit."

"There will probably be several different outfits, colors, and patterns throughout the season," Blalock added.

As for T'Pol's hair, Blalock confirms that her new hairdo will only be "two inches longer" and will "probably be the same color."

"It may go a variation lighter but you won't be able to notice," Blalock adds. "They're looking for something a little cuter, not the bowl that we've been using. That's not the easiest thing to pull off, you know!"

I am happy, too. No more Seven Of Nine-style. GREAT :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

So happy that T'Pol is finally getting out of that catsuit :laugh: ..Can't wait to see how she looks next season..

I was never a huge fan of the catsuits, but it could have been alot worse. I am a little anxious about the change because even with a two piece ensemble it could end up being worse then the catsuit.

I was never a huge fan of the catsuits, but it could have been alot worse.  I am a little anxious about the change because even with a two piece ensemble it could end up being worse then the catsuit.

I have to agree it could be so much worse than the catsuit.

I was never a huge fan of the catsuits, but it could have been alot worse.  I am a little anxious about the change because even with a two piece ensemble it could end up being worse then the catsuit.

I have to agree it could be so much worse than the catsuit.

My thoughts exactly

The catsuit never really bothered me, but I do like the fact that they're giving Jolene a say in what T'Pol is going to be wearing. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Thank God!

No more catsuit!

I never did like them on anyone--not on Seven of Nine, Deanna Trio, or any one else. On most people, they are not very attractive, are not very functional (except for ballet, modern dance, etc.) and take it from someone who has worn one, not very comfortable.

Everyone seems to be expecting something postive from this. I expect two piece outfits with skin tight (or tighter) hip hugger pants (or mini-skirts) paired with snug bare-midriff spaghetti-strap tops. I do not expect professional clothing.

I never did like them on anyone--not on Seven of Nine, Deanna Trio, or any one else. On most people, they are not very attractive, are not very functional (except for ballet, modern dance, etc.) amd take it from someone who has worn one, not very comfortable. [/b]

I never did either. It always was a big negative about Seven of Nine. She was a great character and a very good addition to VOY, but the catsuit (IMHO) hurt the show’s image.

And I also agree with TheUnicornHunter. I’m not expecting this to be good news (or bad for that matter). I don’t know how this will turn out.

Simply stated “I don’t know if what we get will be good or not”

I hope it is, but we will have to wait and see.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Sorry,I can't help it, the mini-skirts are an oldie but goodie! You have to have a little sexyness in Star Trek,thats the way Gene Rodenberry like it!

Sorry,I can't help it, the mini-skirts are an oldie but goodie! You have to have a little sexyness in Star Trek,thats the way Gene Rodenberry like it!

I think that only goes up to a point.

(And even if he would be ok with it does not make it is a good thing or something that ENT should do)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

There's a difference between sexy and sexist. Sexy should be for off-duty and sexist shouldn't be there at all. So Gene was a sexist - I thought the whole idea of ST was humans can improve on their shortcomings.

Now if Trip paraded about in his marvelous blue undies in every scene in every episode it would be equally exploitive.

s592.jpg

Everyone seems to be expecting something postive from this.  I expect two piece outfits with skin tight (or tighter) hip hugger pants (or mini-skirts) paired with snug bare-midriff spaghetti-strap tops.  I do not expect professional clothing.

I agree totally. Somehow I'm of the opinion T'Pol will have the same kind of image portrayed as she did before. There has been so much criticism of the cat suit that Star Trek knows it needs to go. But I think the producers and writers have just found a a different format to portray the same kind of image that some of us are still very critical of.............I sure hope that I am wrong. :(

Everyone seems to be expecting something postive from this.  I expect two piece outfits with skin tight (or tighter) hip hugger pants (or mini-skirts) paired with snug bare-midriff spaghetti-strap tops.  I do not expect professional clothing.

I agree totally. Somehow I'm of the opinion T'Pol will have the same kind of image portrayed as she did before. There has been so much criticism of the cat suit that Star Trek knows it needs to go. But I think the producers and writers have just found a a different format to portray the same kind of image that some of us are still very critical of.............I sure hope that I am wrong. :(

I don't see what is wrong with showing the sexuality of a character. Surely such expression will not be a problem in Star Trek's accepting future.

By the way, I hate the catsuit. Lets see her in a mini skirt (crosses fingers) :clap:

Thanks TransporterM,its good to see someone else likes the mini skirt idea too. I don't see the mini skirt as being sexist,back in the 60's when Star Trek came out mini skirts were the style and women wore them because they wanted to express their sexual freedom,and it seems mini skirts are in now,I see them all over the place here in Florida now.

If Gene Rodenberry was a sexist it seems he did more to break sexist barriors than create them,woman back then were still pretty much considered 2nd class citizens,he introduced women who were officers on board the flagship from Earth,and the women worked side by side with men sharing equal responsiblities.No other show around that time did that.

Dr.Martin Luther King Jr was a big fan of Star Trek back then,it was one of the few TV shows that he and his family would all watch together because it gave hope for the future not only for African Americans but for women as well.

Personally, I'd rather not see the females in mini-skirts. I've seen TOS episodes with mini-skirts, but they did it tastefully without shoving it in your face. If ENT attempted min-skirts... oh gosh, I don't even wanna imagine what they'd try to get away with. Personally, I'm hoping they get away from the sexual crapfest and back to serrious issues.

Knowing the present trend in several shows I think the new uniform will be even more revealing than the cat-suit. UPN want's to cash on the sex sales factor. I kind wish they would just concentrate on the stories and not on how to show as much of Blalock's body (which is nice) as possible.

Sexual crapfest on Enterprise? What are you talking about? I saw more sexual stuff on DS9 than I've ever seen on Enterprise.

I've seen nearly every episode of DS9, and not one of them was as bad as ENT's "Bounty". T'Pol rubbing goo on herself in her undies and running arround in her undies while acting out sexually... that's what I call a sexual crapfest.

Sexual crapfest on Enterprise? What are you talking about? I saw more sexual stuff on DS9 than I've ever seen on Enterprise.

I've seen nearly every episode of DS9, and not one of them was as bad as ENT's "Bounty". T'Pol rubbing goo on herself in her undies and running arround in her undies while acting out sexually... that's what I call a sexual crapfest.

Well I don't really see any problem as I think it would be rather restrictive to enforce any no sexuality law in real life as Trek is about freedom and equality.

Anyway, now I have discussed the ideological side of things I would like to say that I quite like the look of the female figure and I don't think it is a sexist comment to make. Todays women wear clothing that could be described as revealing yet I don't see anyone suggesting that it is wrong, largely because it is the choice of the individual.

Finally, to enter the Star Trek world, I would like to remind people that T'Pol is a Vulcan and would not feel the need to show off any sexuality, therefore any implied sexuality rests within the mind of the viewer and not the way the character dresses.

Well I don't really see any problem as I think it would be rather restrictive to enforce any no sexuality law in real life as Trek is about freedom and equality.

Anyway, now I have discussed the ideological side of things I would like to say that I quite like the look of the female figure and I don't think it is a sexist comment to make. Todays women wear clothing that could be described as revealing yet I don't see anyone suggesting that it is wrong, largely because it is the choice of the individual.

Finally, to enter the Star Trek world, I would like to remind people that T'Pol is a Vulcan and would not feel the need to show off any sexuality, therefore any implied sexuality rests within the mind of the viewer and not the way the character dresses.

Exactly, well said TM, not to mention Jolene has control over what she will be wearing. As far as a "sexual crapfest", I have seen almost if not every episoide of ENT, & I don't agree with that. There may have been once or twice (such as Bounty) where it may not have been suitable for {some} viewers, but it did fit in the story line given in that Episode, as have all "sexual sceens" on ENT, featuring both Male & Females.

well i dont really care if she is wearing something that is "sexual" or not as i like to pay more attention to the story then her body. as long as they get the freakin cat suit off her i will be glad. i hate those things.