• Season 1
    • Season 2
    • Season 3
    • Season 4
    • Season 5
    • Season 6
    • Season 7
    • It never did

When do you think Voyager hit its stride? I've heard some way when Janeway got rid of the bun and others say when Seven of Nine joined the crew. What do you think?

I'd say probably after Sevem joined the crew, the whole series just really improved from then on.

I voted Season 4 for the following reasons:

Seven of Nine

The new stella catography department

Communication with the Alpha Quadrant

Fantastic episodes

Confidence in the charcaters their relationships

NO KAZON - terrible, silly, stinky cousins of the Klingons or something

Janeway's hair finally getting sorted!!!!

I did think that come Seaon 6 onwards my attention started to drift howvere

Edited by prometheus

I voted Season 4 for the following reasons:

Seven of Nine

The new stella catography department

Communication with the Alpha Quadrant

Fantastic episodes

Confidence in the charcaters their relationships

NO KAZON - terrible, silly, stinky cousins of the Klingons or something

Janeway's hair finally getting sorted!!!!

I did think that come Seaon 6 onwards my attention started to drift howvere

356544[/snapback]

I agree with most of what you said although I did really enjoy the first 3 seasons as well. I've never lost interest in the series though and still enjoy watching it. After I get Enterprise, Voyager is the next set of DVDs on my wishlist.

Edited by Takara_Soong

VOY was my favorite series, but the first 2 seasons bored the absolute heck outta me.

IMO, VOY had the most up-and-down run. I think it hit its run near the beginning of season 3, then lost it for a bit, then got it back again at the end of season 3 when 7of9 joined the cast ("Scorpion" pt I).

Quality dropped occassionally in season 4, followed by another "stride" in late season 4 through all of season7.

Once 7of9 was introduced, the scripts seemed to increase in quality... by alot. Still, VOY didn't seem to hit a consistent stride until season 5. That gets my vote, even though there were a ton of earlier episodes that I loved.

:(

Based on my memory of the first airings; I can't say VOY ever hit a stride in the same sense as other series so I vote it never did.

I agree with Ace in that it was up and down and had some moments when it felt a stride was starting but it quickly petered out.

Imo good episodes and not populate the entire series including seasons one and two.

I need to get my nose into our VOY Companion looking for reasons why they floundered so much on this one. I suspect it was because they wanted to be careful what canon they created about this neck of the Galaxy... :lol:

or UPN.

I liked it more from the Begining and Got bored with it the longer it ran, So I voted for Season 1, but it got less intresting the longer it ran

Voyager's best season was Season 2. All episodes were great, except for "Threshold" and "Threshold" was actually watchable and a bit funny compared to some of the episodes in the later seasons.

Season 1 was also great and Season 3 too. It had some interesting premises for the future.

Unfortunately everything was ruined when the best character (Kes) was kicked out and her replacement took over the show.

I don't know why but I didn't really get into Voyager after season 4.

Yes Seven was a valuable and cool part of the crew, I still really like it when Kes and the Kazon were there. And yes I do hate the Kazon, but I thought they were the Klingongs of the OS and didn't quite mind them

Voyager didn't really hit its stride until Season 4, when Jeri Ryan and her mneumatic shape were added to the rather wooded cast. The novelty of Seven wore off around the middle of Season 6 and when Voyager finally got home it was probably the biggest anti-climax in science fiction history after the ending for Revenge of the Sith. :blush:

Voyager hit its stride when it got rid of Kes ... I didn't much like Seven of Nine, though. It's just that Neelix was so much less annoying when Kes was out of the picture. I never really bought their relationship anyway and it was excruciating to watch Neelix being Johnny One Note during just about every episode .... "Are YOU looking at Kes, Paris? Huh? Huh?" Dumb.

Season 3. As soon as the Kazon left the picture, the show started getting serious. Plus season 3 has some of the best episodes.

Edited by sea trooper

For me it's season 3 but I love all the episodes but one thing I'm only up to season 4 lol since paramount likes to charge us soo much money I have to have money so I can ge the DVD's.

Brian

Voyager hit its stride when it got rid of Kes ... I didn't much like Seven of Nine, though. It's just that Neelix was so much less annoying when Kes was out of the picture. I never really bought their relationship anyway and it was excruciating to watch Neelix being Johnny One Note during just about every episode .... "Are YOU looking at Kes, Paris? Huh? Huh?" Dumb.

I must remind you that Kes broke up with Neelix in season 3. Therefore you can't blame Kes for Neelix's behavior.

I don't think that Neelix's behavior should serve as some sort of excuse for the rude and brutal treatment TIIC gave the character Kes and Jennifer Lien.

Kes was a great character who had deserved to remain in the series.

I liked the first three seasons the best.I guess that was because my favorite Kes was in it.

I think that it really picked up midway thorugh the first season and from then on it better and better until the end on the third season.After they did away with Kes the series did not seem as interesting.

H200

You know, as much as I loved Kes (probably the most balanced individual ever), the series really got better when Seven sort of "replaced" her. The whole Seven/Borg element was just an awesome addition to the show in countless ways: by opening up new Borg-related plot possibilities, by bringing in a talented actress, by changing the dynamic between crew members, by allowing for even more exploration of what it means to be human than was already present with the Doctor, etc. In short, the series only got better as it went along--in my opinion--and the improvement really accelerated when Seven appeared on the scene.

Edited by savagediana

Guest Voyager

I love all the episodes. My favourite season would be season 7, but I think it came into it's own when Jeri Ryan came in season 4. Don't getme wrong, Jennierfer Lien was/is great, but I think the 7 of 9 character hada lot more depth and chance for development, which really helped the show progress.

I liked all the seasons of Voyager. Each had their moments, but my fave was season 2. Imo, Seska was quite a good antagonist for the Voyager crew and I enjoyed the moments in which she and Culluh would have their little spats. :laugh: