Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

Vegas 2006 - 40th Anniversary Convention

Great! Another Enterprise cast member, and former spokesman for Vidal Sassoon! :assimilated:

I'm real happy that Dominic is going this year..I'm still waiting for Chase Masterson and Alice Kriege to be added to the guest list..And we are running out of time.. Oh well, there are lots of other cool stars that are going to be there..

I'm pretty happy tonight that Chase Masterson (Leeta) has been added to the guest list. I've been waiting and hoping for this. Last years convention wouldn't have been the same without her and her wonderful singing.. :welcome:

Brannon Braga has just been added to the guest list. I wonder what kind of a reception he'll get..

Hooray for Chase Masterson! :laugh:

I agree ST. I wonder what king of reception Braga will get?

Here is the updated list of guests organized by their tentative day of appearance.

Thursday:

• Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko, DS9)
  • Diana Muldaur (Dr. Kate Pulaski, TNG and Miranda Jones and Lt. Cmdr. Ann Mulhall/Thalassa, TOS)
  • Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker, TNG)
  • Alexander Siddig (Dr. Julian Bashir, DS9)
  • Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar and Sela, TNG)
  • Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9)
  • Gary Graham (Ambassador Soval, ENT)
  • Michael Westmore (Makeup Design and Supervision for Trek)
  • Brent Spiner (Data, TNG)

Friday:

• Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway, VOY)
  • Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  • Robert Picardo (The Doctor, VOY)
  • Connor Trineer (Charles "Trip" Tucker III, ENT)
  • Robert Foxworth (Administrator V'Las in the ENT episodes The Forge, Kir'Shara and Awakening and Admiral Leyton in the DS9 episodes Homefront and Paradise Lost)
  • Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn Adami, DS9)
  • Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, DS9 and Shran, ENT)
  • Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9)
  • Aron Eisenberg (Nog, DS9)
  • Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)

Saturday:

• William Shatner (James T. Kirk, TOS)
  • Leonard Nimoy (Spock, TOS)
  • Nichelle Nichols (Uhura, TOS)
  • George Takei (Hikaru Sulu, TOS)
  • Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov, TOS)
  • Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Janice Rand, TOS)
  • Bill Campbell (Trelane in TOS episode The Squire of Gothos, Koloth in TOS episode The Trouble With Tribbles and DS9 episode Blood Oath)
  • Mariette Hartley (Zarabeth in TOS episode All Our Yesterdays)
  • James Darren (Vic Fontaine, DS9)
  • Andrea Martin (Ishka in the DS9 episode Family Business)
  • Robert Justman (TOS and TNG Producer)

Sunday:

• Tim Russ (Tuvok, VOY)
  • Jolene Blalock (T'Pol, ENT)
  • Michael Dorn (Worf, TNG and DS9)
  • Barbara March (Lursa in TNG episodes Redemption Part I and II, First Born and DS9 episode Past Prologue and the movie Generations)
  • Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, VOY)
  • Robert Duncan McNeil (Tom Paris, VOY)

Scheduled to appear but it didn't say what day:

• Brannon Braga
  • Carel Struycken (Mr. Homm in the TNG episodes Haven, Manhunt, Menage a Troi, Half a Life and Cost of Living and Spectre in the VOY episode The Thaw)
  • Eugene Roddenberry
  • David Reddick (cartoonist, The Trek Life)

For those hoping Patrick Stewart will be added, the chances of that happening are very slim as he is currently performing in the Royal Shakespeare Company's production of Antony and Cleopatra at Stratford-upon-Avon until October 14.

I see the Aussies are meeting at Quarks on the 16th.

Any meeting place set for the morning of the 17th?

Scott Bakula? :bow: What a great surprise! :bow: And I can't go. :bow:

I really like to get autographs from Star Trek stars, and am willing to pay up to a point. My jaw dropped :bow: to see that Scott Bakula autographs were listed at $149, and that they may rise in cost! Having a picture taken with him is ONLY $99. Is this a sign of things to come in autographs? (I certainly hope not!)

I know what you mean Trekz.. After Scott was announced i went to the site to buy an autogragh ticket, I've bought several others for this convention. There's no way I'm paying $149 for an autogragh..I was expecting $60 or $70. for Scott..Most of the others I bought were for $20 or $30... :bow:

i'm not going to the con but $149 is totally outrageous. that is surprising. how many people are going to pay that?? i wouldn't no matter how much i like a person..

This is Scott Bakula's first convention and he may not do many more so Creation is probably betting that enough people will pay that amount for that reason. Still that is a lot of money!

Here is the updated list of guests organized by their tentative day of appearance. Mariette Hartley's appearance has been moved from Saturday to Thursday now.

Thursday:

• Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko, DS9)
  • Diana Muldaur (Dr. Kate Pulaski, TNG and Miranda Jones and Lt. Cmdr. Ann Mulhall/Thalassa, TOS)
  • Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker, TNG)
  • Alexander Siddig (Dr. Julian Bashir, DS9)
  • Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar and Sela, TNG)
  • Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9)
  • Gary Graham (Ambassador Soval, ENT)
  • Michael Westmore (Makeup Design and Supervision for Trek)
  • Brent Spiner (Data, TNG)
  • Mariette Hartley (Zarabeth in the TOS episode All Our Yesterdays)

Friday:

• Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway, VOY)
  • Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  • Robert Picardo (The Doctor, VOY)
  • Connor Trineer (Charles "Trip" Tucker III, ENT)
  • Robert Foxworth (Administrator V'Las in the ENT episodes The Forge, Kir'Shara and Awakening and Admiral Leyton in the DS9 episodes Homefront and Paradise Lost)
  • Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn Adami, DS9)
  • Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, DS9 and Shran, ENT)
  • Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9)
  • Aron Eisenberg (Nog, DS9)
  • Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed, ENT)

Saturday:

• William Shatner (James T. Kirk, TOS)
  • Leonard Nimoy (Spock, TOS)
  • Nichelle Nichols (Uhura, TOS)
  • George Takei (Hikaru Sulu, TOS)
  • Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov, TOS)
  • Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Janice Rand, TOS)
  • Bill Campbell (Trelane in TOS episode The Squire of Gothos, Koloth in TOS episode The Trouble With Tribbles and DS9 episode Blood Oath)
  • James Darren (Vic Fontaine, DS9)
  • Andrea Martin (Ishka in the DS9 episode Family Business)
  • Robert Justman (TOS and TNG Producer)

Sunday:

• Tim Russ (Tuvok, VOY)
  • Jolene Blalock (T'Pol, ENT)
  • Michael Dorn (Worf, TNG and DS9)
  • Barbara March (Lursa in TNG episodes Redemption Part I and II, First Born and DS9 episode Past Prologue and the movie Generations)
  • Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, VOY)
  • Robert Duncan McNeil (Tom Paris, VOY)
  • Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer, ENT)

Scheduled to appear but it didn't say what day:

• Brannon Braga
  • Carel Struycken (Mr. Homm in the TNG episodes Haven, Manhunt, Menage a Troi, Half a Life and Cost of Living and Spectre in the VOY episode The Thaw)
  • Eugene Roddenberry
  • David Reddick (cartoonist, The Trek Life)

:clap::clap::clap: Just got my Captain's Chair tickets in the mail today for the Las Vegas convention!

Whoo Hooo! Can't wait to get there and enjoy it all! :P :laugh::laugh:

Yeah, got mine too..I am so excited for this convention.. :laugh:

It looks like I'm going to have an extra 'Captain's Chair' ticket and an extra ticket to 'Leonard Nimoy's One Man Show'. My brother isn't going like we had planned. Yeah I'm going alone. Not a big deal to me, I went alone last year too and had a great time. Anyone going who is interested in these ??

Lol! all of the greats except one! Hmm! Wonder why Beltran is not showing up this year? Oh well! Guess it's cause I am showing up. :laugh::laugh::clap:

I wish that Alice Krige was on the guest list and yeah of course I wish Nana Visitor was going..But I was especially hoping for Alice to be there this year..Oh well, there will be other years..

Kim Darby (Miri in the TOS episode Miri) has been added to the guest list. This is her first convention ever. Kim Darby is probably best known for her role in the classic John Wayne movie True Grit.

:laugh: Yay for Kim Darby! She was a great Miri, imo, appearing in the TOS episode alongside a young Michael Pollard, who was later in the movie Bonnie and Clyde. Kim Darby was a frequent one or two episode guest star on tons of TV shows, especially in the 60's and 70's but also more recently, including Dr. Kildare, Wagon Train, The Donna Reed Show, Ben Casey, The Fugitive, Man from U.N.C.L.E., Gunsmoke, Streets of San Francisco, Ironside, Police Story, Fantasy Island, Murder she Wrote, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Becker and X-Files.

I'm looking forward to seeing her! :clap:

Why haven't we heard a report on this con from our members that went there yet???

Sorry, I've been too depressed lately to post anything over here...Perhaps in a few days if no one else posts something..

No big surprise; everything was costly.

We ended up not having cash enough to do many things but we did what we went to do, see the Shat and Nimoy together & go to the STE (both rides twice.) We were too far away from the Stars at the con to get good pics, even at four times digital zoom, they were just blobs of light.

A bonus experience we had was sharing an elevator with an TOS star on the way to our room. Not really paying attention to who else was there, we stepped up to the elevator carrying a comforter, extra pillows, a cooler and our home coffee pot which we always take along on trips, in case one was not included in the room. After a moment of our standing there waiting for the lift, a familiar voice broke the tired silence saying: "You going camping?" We all turned to look and that's when we saw who it was; George Takei! We shook hands then laughed at his jokes at our expense till we reached our floor.

We did go into the 'lesser stars' room and saw lots of people from the different series (like the guy in the Gorn suit) but not being able to buy anything from them made for awkwardness.

I stole this shot of Susie Plakson's (sp?) backside as she was leaving:

Pictures_126.jpg

Unfortunately, we were not lucky enough to run into anyone there from STFs. I thought I found Spacetigger but turned out, not to be he.

On to some pics...

The sign in board...

Pictures_253.jpg

My name on it...

Pictures_250.jpg

:laugh:

Ad for Quarks...

Pictures_343.jpg

A resident of Quarks...

Pictures_350.jpg

Some oddballs at Quarks...

Pictures_256.jpg

The sign for the STE:

Pictures_237.jpg

Some things hanging around the STE you may recognize...

Pictures_238.jpg

Pictures_245.jpg

Pictures_246.jpg

From the Museum...

Pictures_261.jpg

Pictures_262.jpg

Pictures_264.jpg

Pictures_149.jpg

Pictures_127.jpg

And finally, some costume contesters...

Pictures_241.jpg

Pictures_252.jpg

The rest of the trip included seeing the Strip and visiting the Stratosphere:

Pictures_341.jpg

Pictures_301.jpg

It's shadow:

Pictures_282.jpg

It has three thrill rides on its top, we went on two of them. The Bigshot:

Pictures_293.jpg

And Insanity which the pics did not turn out for. But, it is a set of chairs which are suspended from a crane like object, out over the edge of the building, then it spins. You become face to face with 107 stories of open air between you and the ground. Look closely at pic above, (4th from bottom) that's it hanging over the right (>) side.

Suzie plackson's backside :elephant:

more courage then me the ladies on here will give you grief for that.

but a nice shot :laugh:

The convention was great, despite a couple glitches with our room, luggage and return flight home last night. Some initial impressions, then I'll post more later. Shatner and Nimoy together was a huge highlight: they were hysterical together. Their performance definitely convinced me to attend their appearance in Chicago in Sept.! Sunday was a day of cancellations: Jolene Blalock reportedly got sick at the convention and had to cancel. Robert Duncan McNeal had cancelled. Eugene Roddenbery had to leave because of the death of a close friend. Brannon Braga was a no show at the last minute. But Scott B. was great as was Worf as the final guest. There was a nice panel including Lee Meriweather.

Friday we attended the Charity auction Breakfast featuring Deep Space Nine. Featured guests were Robert Foxworth, also of Falcon Crest, Aaron Eisenberg (who was very funny), Jeffery Coombs (who was wildly funny) and Marc Alimo (exremely cordial). They later all appeared on-stage in a wonderful appearance.

Friday night was the party at Quark's featuring a free ride on both rides.

Saturday night we attended the entertainment featuring Robert Picardo singing followed by a great performance by Darren and his band that was wonderful.

A HUGE highlight was meeting several STF.net members! I spoke several times to SpaceTigger, and met both Chataeya and Athena28, who I was able to chat with again later. For me these were some of the best experiences of the convention!

Got in late last night so will report more later. It was AWESOME!

Thanks for the update! I was there a mere 2 weeks before the con so it brought back some good memories of the Experience. How long was the wait for the rides? It was pretty long on a regular day. It must have been madness with the extra people there for the con!

Actually it wasn't that bad, during the times were we on it at least. Longest wait was when the line stretched back to even with the Klingon display case.

Of course I ate in Quarks a few times. I was there 1 day and a half before the convention and that was the first place that I headed!

I had a real fantastic time at the convention and in 'The Experience'. I think that's part of the reason I've been kinda blue this week..All those fans and friends to hang out with and events and shows to go to..And this week it's all over..It's a little different for me since I have no friends and family to be with outside of the computer. (As lonely as that sounds!) I need time to re-adjust. It probably was a bad idea for me to take this week off from work..Anyway, I'm slowly getting in a better mood..I can share a few pics I took there..

And of course I spent way too much money there. For a collector like me that dealer's room was heaven..And yeah I also bought several autographs and even had 1 photo op taken..I'll share that pic when I recieve it..

It was great meeting some people that know here in person at the con..AE, I think you were looking for someone with a moustache..I shaved it off a while ago because of work..I guess you all haven't seen any recent pics of me..Sorry we didn't get to meet in person AE..

040A.jpg

001A.jpg

002A.jpg

035A.jpg

003A.jpg

004A.jpg

006A.jpg

009A.jpg

036A.jpg

025A.jpg

027A.jpg

030A.jpg

032A.jpg

034A.jpg

038A.jpg

039A.jpg

Great pictures SpaceTigger! Is that Chataeya next to Robert Picardo? The Picard and Sisko look-alikes in your picture got second place in the costume contest.

I also ate at Quarks and three of us shared a Warp Core Breach drink! Whoa! Sweet and strong! And recomended by Vic Fontaine! (More on that in a later post)

It was so fun I got Saturday tickets to the Chicago con to see Shatner and Nimoy again for general admission

Nice pictures AE. Sorry I didn't get to see you on Saturday.

Will post more later.