Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

Vegas 2006 - 40th Anniversary Convention

Wow. They really are expensive! Makes you wonder if they are worth it. Right now you can get an autographed Kate Mulgrew pic on EBAY from $10 - $35. You can get pic that the entire cast signed for about $50-$60 dollars..

I'm sure you can get autographed pics on EBAY cheaper..Not quite the same though as being there and giving the star a pic or banner of your choice to autograph..

Remind me to post pics of me with Takei,Sirtis,Koenig, Robin Curtis and many others. The cost - Absolutely nothing. That was back in the good old days when the cons were held for the fans instead of the almighty dollar.

Yes well that's great Kor that you got those pics and autographs for little or no money..I seem to have this same conversation every year when I get ready for the Vegas convention..I didn't set the prices you know..But I won't pass up an oportunity to get pics and autographs of my fav trek stars..And I really don't need to come to this site and post about it if it isn't interesting to anybody..

I for one am interested in this topic. THANK YOU SpaceTigger for posting so regularly on the news of this convention, and for your reports last year. It's a service to all that can't attend. I would be interested even if I wasn't attending this convention. It's the BIG convention for the 40th anniversary of STAR TREK!!! I'm sorry if my question opened a hornets nest. Prices do increase over time, and I haven't attended a huge Trek convention in over a decade. I'll just have to be more selective as to which autographs I get. :elephant:

I do know the autograghs are expensive.I do wish the prices were cheaper but what can we do ?? Even I have to be selective of the autographs I buy..I will continue my Convention reports as I'm really excited about this convention..

Yes well that's great Kor that you got those pics and autographs for little or no money..I seem to have this same conversation every year when I get ready for the Vegas convention..I didn't set the prices you know..But I won't pass up an oportunity to get pics and autographs of my fav trek stars..And I really don't need to come to this site and post about it if it isn't interesting to anybody..

My post was absolutely no reflection on you, Space Tigger. I was just lamenting the fact that a great thing like a Trek con which was started many years ago as a love fest for the series by the fans has been transformed into such a money grabbing operation. It doesn't mean you or anybody else shouldn't go. Heck, I'd go if I had the time. I just have a grudge against the Creation people who I feel have really ruined cons for fans. Most of the Trek stars know better than to mention Creation when they come to Shore Leave or any other fan-run con. Frakes did it once and there was a resounding chorus of boos...lol.

Hi guy's stumbled across your board lookin for anyone selling captain's chair tickets. It's bothering me that I've missed the captain's chair tickets and the dessert party,

Please tell me there will still be plenty to do on wendesday night for a lonely aussie who's friends are all atending the dessert party.

I've got reservations for the hotel main yahhh. Another question do the preffered tickts sell out?

I'm pritty close to abourting as i have little money and i have know ticket to the dessert party cry cry.

:elephant::b-day::clap:

Anyway I will be attending love your board. check out mine if you wish it's crap. http://starfleetaus.proboards50.com/index.cgi

Hi stumbled onto your site lookin for dessert party tickets after the abrupt sell out.

Have heaps of questions and love to get to know all of you.

I'm onee of the luckey few with a reservation at the main hotel should count myself lucky.

I'm pritty close to abourting this con cause i hav'nt bought my tickets yet and all thet's left is the prfferd tickets.

Question; do the prefereds tickets sell out?

Quetion; do you think many people will go to th bingo?

Question; I am 21 will my party fver be satisfied?

Question; do the sighn personalised auto graphs?

Also reasure me that there will be other things to do at the hotel if i can't get a hold on a desert ticket for wndesday night as all my friends have and they are attending.

After a couple of tears 1st when the captain's chair tickets sold out and now the dessert tickets I just keep telling myself it's my 3rd con and first time out of Australia It will give me time to breath and pace myself.

oops entered twice as i came up with page error the first time i think i'll leave it.

I know trekz, all we need is Max and Chase and we'll have the whole family..

:elephant::b-day::clap: Think Not! You know who I wanna see. Don't see his name on the list yet! All these years since Voyager came on, I finnally get to go :dude: and he apparentlly won't be there. :clap:

Finaly creation sent me an email and told me i havn't bee putting in my last name. Stupid me and I've bee abusing them for weeks Ohh well.

Missed both captain's chair tickets and desrt party on a stupid little mistake. :elephant::b-day:

So, SpaceTigger, who else do you think will end up coming to the convention? I hope that Nimoy will, and it would be great to see more TNG people.

Denise Crosby has just been added to the guest list... :elephant:

Yay! Denise Crosby: one guest and you get Tasha and Sela: what a deal! (of course by that standard Marc Alaimo is the best bargain there!)

What a guest list we have for Vegas this year.. Leonard Nimoy has just been added.. :elephant:

YES! Leonard Nimoy! And all I had to do was wish :b-day::elephant:

Well, in that spirit, I wish Patrick Stewart, John DeLancie, Michael Dorn, Levar Burton, and (for ST) Alice Kriege would attend! Let's see if any of that wish works :clap:

I love it and can't believe it at the same time. Anyone thinking of goin to his gallery showing.

Actually I am thinking of going to Leonard's Gallery showing..But I haven't bought a ticket yet..

William (Bill) Campbell has just been added to the guest list !! :laugh:

The popular classic STAR TREK guest star makes an extremely rare personal appearance to join fans to celebrate the 40th Anniversary. He played Koloth in "The Trouble with Tribbles" and Trelane in "The Squire of Gothos". He returned to the role of Koloth in the DS9 episode "Blood Oath". Appearing Saturday

Yahoo! I saw Bill Campbell once, years ago at a amall Chicago convention marred by a snowstorm. He was great, as was Levar Burton, and John DeLancie, who was very sick but gave a great performance for the fans.

On a related topic, what are you referring to when you talk about Leonard's gallery opening? Is this in Vegas? Can you give me more details please?

I have a great Bill Campbell story. Eons ago, around 1974, I met Bill at a con. I saw him in the hallway of the hotel, shook his hand and told him how much I had enjoyed his performances not only in Trek but in all of the movies he was in. He was very gracious and talked to me for about 5 minutes. About 2 hours later, I was sitting against a wall when he walked by. He came up to me and introduced me to his wife while actually remembering my name. I was absolutely stunned and dumbfounded over how a great actor like him would give the time of day to some snot-nosed teenager. He will have a warm place in my heart for the rest of my life.

On a related topic, what are you referring to when you talk about Leonard's gallery opening? Is this in Vegas? Can you give me more details please?

LEONARD NIMOY

presents a one-man show

SEE WHAT I SEE

Saturday (late afternoon) A “fascinating” journey thru Leonard Nimoy’s experiences in photography. The work ranges from still life to landscape to self portraiture and human figure. From the spiritual to the everyday. Leonard leads us thru the process of his self-discovery in the photos he has produced over the span of a lifetime. Now in permanent collections in museums from coast to coast, his images reveal the man behind the makeup. Come join Leonard in this special event, separate ticketing required.

RESERVED SEATING: $50

GENERAL ADMISSION: $25

This is one of those extra events that they have added..If you want to go you need to buy a ticket for it at the creation site..I think it's going to be quite interesting so I already orderd my ticket..

Hi all

The Las Vegas Con is getting bigger and better by the day. I have tickets for the breakfasts and the lunch with Ethan Philips and Robert Picardo. :laugh: As well as Welcoming Party and Lenord Nimoy's See what I see.

I can't believe that there are so many guests. :borg2: It's going to be such a hetic weekend so much to do and not much time to sleep. Oh well, sleep will have to wait. This will never happen again at least for me.

There are a few of us from Australia and other places meeting at Quarks Bar at 6.30 on the 16th. Some of us will have flags of our home country. Join us if you like and then we are going to the Welcoming party.

Hope you are able to get tickets somehow filbones. I wouldn't hold out too long as I think that the reserved tickets my go as well. Sounds like this is going to be the biggest con ever.

In case anyone is interested, today Creation placed on sale 'General Admission Weekend Packages' and 'Preferred Single Day Tickets'..These are much cheaper than the Gold and Captair''s Chair tickets which are sold out now..

They also have some Gold Tickets Packages on EBAY now..

FRIDAY LIVE PERFORMANCE - 'HOUSE CALL'

On our MAIN STAGE Friday where all can enjoy as part of the regular convention program, we are proud to present ROBERT PICARDO and ETHAN PHILLIPS starring in 'HOUSE CALL' a theatrical production! It's awhile after Voyager came home, and Neelix, living with his fellow Talaxians on an asteroid in the Delta Quadrant, contacts the Doctor for some much needed aid. As they catch up on old times, serious antics ensue, and our favorite doctor and chef break the fourth wall with a series of slap happy hijinks!

Creation Vegas Convention 2006

Majel Barrett Roddenberry, Eugene Roddenberry and Michael Dorn has just been added to the guest list..

YES! Leonard Nimoy! And all I had to do was wish :drool::tribble:

Well, in that spirit, I wish Patrick Stewart, John DeLancie, Michael Dorn, Levar Burton, and (for ST) Alice Kriege would attend! Let's see if any of that wish works :drool:

Well, 20% of my wish has come true with Michael Dorn being announced as a guest! I'll keep my fingers crossed for more (but I won't hold my breathe :drool: )

Carel Struycken has just been added! B)

Mr. Homn on Star Trek: The Next Generation

Mr. Homm! Also Lurch from Addams Family Values and the Giant character from Twin Peaks. He should be fun to hear speak!

Here is the list of guests organized by their tentative day of appearance.

Thursday:

• Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko, DS9)
  • Diana Muldaur (Dr. Kate Pulaski, TNG and Miranda Jones and Lt. Cmdr. Ann Mulhall/Thalassa, TOS)
  • Jonathan Frakes (Will Riker, TNG)
  • Alexander Siddig (Dr. Julian Bashir, DS9)
  • Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar and Sela, TNG)
  • Armin Shimerman (Quark, DS9)
  • Gary Graham (Ambassador Soval, ENT)
  • Michael Westmore (Makeup Design and Supervision for Trek)
  • Brent Spiner (Data, TNG)

Friday:

• Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway, VOY)
  • Ethan Phillips (Neelix, VOY)
  • Robert Picardo (The Doctor, VOY)
  • Connor Trineer (Charles "Trip" Tucker III, ENT)
  • Robert Foxworth (Administrator V'Las in the ENT episodes The Forge, Kir'Shara and Awakening and Admiral Leyton in the DS9 episodes Homefront and Paradise Lost)
  • Louise Fletcher (Kai Winn Adami, DS9)
  • Jeffrey Combs (Weyoun, DS9 and Shran, ENT)
  • Marc Alaimo (Gul Dukat, DS9)
  • Aron Eisenberg (Nog, DS9)

Saturday:

• William Shatner (James T. Kirk, TOS)
  • Leonard Nimoy (Spock, TOS)
  • Nichelle Nichols (Uhura, TOS)
  • George Takei (Hikaru Sulu, TOS)
  • Walter Koenig (Pavel Chekov, TOS)
  • Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Janice Rand, TOS)
  • Bill Campbell (Trelane in TOS episode The Squire of Gothos, Koloth in TOS episode The Trouble With Tribbles and DS9 episode Blood Oath)
  • Mariette Hartley (Zarabeth in TOS episode All Our Yesterdays)
  • James Darren (Vic Fontaine, DS9)
  • Andrea Martin (Ishka in the DS9 episode Family Business)
  • Robert Justman (TOS and TNG Producer)

Sunday:

• Tim Russ (Tuvok, VOY)
  • Jolene Blalock (T'Pol, ENT)
  • Barbara March (Lursa in TNG episodes Redemption Part I and II, First Born and DS9 episode Past Prologue and the movie Generations)
  • Garrett Wang (Harry Kim, VOY)
  • Robert Duncan McNeil (Tom Paris, VOY)

Scheduled to appear but it didn't say what day:

• Michael Dorn (Worf, TNG and DS9)
  • Carel Struycken (Mr. Homm in the TNG episodes Haven, Manhunt, Menage a Troi, Half a Life and Cost of Living and Spectre in the VOY episode The Thaw)
  • Eugene Roddenberry
  • David Reddick (cartoonist, The Trek Life)