Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sea trooper

The Last Star Trek Fan!

Earthdate 2005.251

Yes, I still have no idea how to work real Stardates and what they mean, so I'll work with this.

Commence sea trooper's personal log, episode II. I have started a new personal log since the last one was supposed to revolve around my senior life in high school, but I never really used it because I never really did anything. I am a man now so I will make a man's log. I will do stuff. The reason I called this log The Last Star Trek Fan is because all my Trekkie coworkers have gone, and I am left the last one. I find myself craving to put on some Trek movies at work but I can only do so when I am alone while the other guy is in the back doing stuff. This (STF) is the only place where I can really do my Trek business with others of my kind. Though I am still really a newbie to Trek I am learning over time and I find myself liking DS9 to be the best Trek series ever since I have seen more of it then any other series. There, I said it. I'M A NINER!!! With that said, let's get down to business...

So much to tell...

I still need to see season 7 of Deep Space Nine.

I got the Generations SE last week. So now I have the FC, INS, and GEN SE and I need NEM, TVH, TUC, and maybe TSFS. TMP, WOK, and TFF (a big HELL NO!), read my reviews.

I'm watching ALIEN now on FX. Sigourney Weaver is the best actress EVER. Sam Niell is the best actor. EVER. Yes, they did appear in a movie together, Snow White: A Tale of Terror. Good movie.

I'm playing more SIMS now that I got the Livin' Large, House Party, and Hot Date expansions. I also found a site where I downloaded models of Trek characters to make into sims. I got Jadzia (NATURALLY!), Kira Nerys, the red TNG uniform and I had to specially edit a red FC uniform for my own made-up Trek captain, Captain Einon Stewart. He's human and he is captain of my made-up ship, The One. Here is a picture of him I took:

Click For Spoiler
Capt.Stewart.JPG

Speaking of stuff I made up, I've been making a model of a warp ship out of household... andvideostore items that just glued together and painted. I made a scan of it but since it's three-dimensional and my scanner's glass was a bit dirty, it doesn't look very good, but I'll show you anyway:

Click For Spoiler
Defender.jpg
It's dark green with brown and bright green speckles. It has multi-phaser shooting from that band around the middle, two warp nacelles in back, and a large cannon of some sort in front. I have no idea what it does yet and I have no idea what species it belongs to.

Also I bought an oar for my boat which I lost, but found yesterday. Now I can go out on the lake.

Saw First Contact again. I never get tired of watching that movie. Every time I put it on for some odd reason I have to force myself to stop watching it all the way through. But I think I watched it tonight on purpose.

Ripley is talking to Ash's head now! She just smacked it, and Parker just hit it with the flamethrower! Awesome movie!

Rented some movies for the week:

Clockstoppers- I know it's a Jonathan Frakes film, but it sucked soooooooo much! Nothing against you, Jon!

Stargate- A very good movie. I loved it and might start getting more into the TV series in the future.

Eye Witness- Staring SIGOURNEY WEAVER!!! :lol: I haven't seen it yet, but I will tomorrow- erm- *checks clock* later today then!

I guess that's all for now. I might go to bed soon. Now is the time for a cool catch phrase... Aha!

It sucks to be you! :frusty:

I do have a bit of free time but all that is stretched out over a few weeks, also :wink2:

It really was, except for the fact that we got last place :lol:.

Also, my new avatar. It's one of the x-rays from X-Men 2, seen on either the wall of the adamantium room thing, or the special features DVD. I have no idea which mutant it is but it looks really cool and I'd love to see it in person!

It really was, except for the fact that we got last place :hug:.

Also, my new avatar. It's one of the x-rays from X-Men 2, seen on either the wall of the adamantium room thing, or the special features DVD. I have no idea which mutant it is but it looks really cool and I'd love to see it in person!

351051[/snapback]

W-w-we got last? :o :lol: :frusty: :lol: :blush: I was wondering when that joke was coming! :lol:

Earthdate 2005.252

I've been downloading more SIMS models for my game. I got a guy and girl that look like Borg. Actually, I had to get the head of one guy and the body of another, but the girl was already complete. The head is of a CATS guy from the game Zero Wing, and the body of a Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. The girl is Chiana from Farscape. Okay, they don't really look much like borg but they're close!

I've begun reading the first draft of the First Contact script which I've been meaning to read for a while. It's pretty good, I would have liked the whole army of Borg Cubes to the one, though, in the movie.

Also, today is my mom's birthday! Too bad I have to work :(. But I will be with her for a few hours. But she refuses to tell me her real age and I don't remember what year she was born.

And I saw Eyewitness. It was great! Sigourney Weaver was the best!

I'm watching Conan now.

I want to get my hair cut today. I HATE long hair! I'm always to lazy to cut it when it grows too much but I always have to wait until the very end when I'm pissed at my hair enough to tear it out!!!

There's a giant moth flying around the computer screen. I keep swatting it away but it just keeps coming back! I left for a second and it was just sitting on my screen! Curse you! []{<<< (That's a can of bug spray, you winged spawn of Satan!)

I'd love to tell my real feelings about all these members leaving for no plausible, serious reason, but there are rules for the logs and I must follow them. Just know it's negative :(

And I guess that's all for tonight. I'm tired so I'm going to bed...

You can stare out into the dark, but just think of what is staring back!

Earthdate 2005.253

Today I rented Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy. I'm going to watch it tomorrow... later today. I don't know, my friends said that it sucked, but I always like to be my own judge of movies.

I also bought Anchorman (unrated version) and Dawn of the Dead (remake). Very good movies.

I've been entering the ST.com contest for the Enterprise season 3 giveaway, and it ends the 13th. Season 3 wouldn't be my choice pick, but who cares? I would want season 4 or 1-2 which I haven't even seen!!! But I would still love to have it. Maybe trade with Indy for season 2 :(

So for Halloween, I have six costume decisions. Either the Ben Kenobi costume I wore last year (I hate wearing costumes more than once), the costume I wore for Revenge of the Sith (I really need to develope those pictures!), a Bajoran soldier with a costume I need to specially make. It will look like Odo's only black and some other color. Purple or gray. Then there's ALIEN Ellen Ripley, ALIENS Ellen Ripley, and ALIEN 3 Ellen Ripley.

Anyone who reads this please tell me what you think.

Well, that's it I guess. I'm off to bed.

And remember, always reach for the remote and watch whatever Trek is on!

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was alright. It was too short and needed a bit more story, especially at the end, but I did love the So Long & Thanks For All The Fish song! :(

Earthdate 0509.254

I rented Stargate SG-1 volume one (the only one we have) and saw the pilot episode. It was nothing short of fantastic. I absolutely loved it and cannot wait to see the other two episodes (:(). As for Colonel O'Neil, I had no idea that that was the character Richard Dean Anderson played. I never even knew the characters' names in the... 2 episodes I've seen. Watching the movie really helped though. Even though Anderson looks absolutely NOTHING like Kurt Russell, I'm glad they chose him. But somehow I knew that there would be a MacGyver joke in there somewhere. One more thing... NAKED WOMAN! Did they actually show the naked woman on TV when this first aired?

:( Will there be more? :( Just kidding :(

I bought the The Voyage Home special edition today! I went to Best buy, not for any reason, and it was just calling me. It was even the last one. Plus the cashier girl was pretty cute. She had an ewok key chain :rolleyes:

And now I just watched the other two episodes of Stargate. Very good. So if I understand this correctly, the Goa'ulds are like Trill and the Dominion?

Cool, bust just so I don't copy you fully, I'll use my 365-day thing. Thanks for the help.

Earthdate 0509.255

So this week I rented Robocop, logan's Run, and the Stargate Atlantis pilot.

I didn't get my haircut yet, but tomorrow I will definetly do it! I hate my big hair!

Plus today was a boring day at work. The last customers left thirty minutes before the store closed, so I just sat on the floor and watched Simpsons season 4 disk 4 until the store closed and everything was done.

For all who do not know yet, I work at Hollywood Video.

This was short, but I haven't been getting good sleep lately. I've been staying up too late. I really have to go to sleep now, so good night all!

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return!

Robocop is easily one of the BEST MOVIES EVER!!! It had the most and best gore out of any movie I've seen! SWEETNESS!

How about Robocop VS Terminator? Another T-100 has come back in time to kill a person Robocop was hired to protect. How cool would that be?

I got the idea because I saw the Robocop trailer on the DVD and it played the Terminator theme.

Earthdate 0509.256

I saw Logan's Run. It was boring and complicated. I barely knew what was going on half of the time. Though the concept is good, I think it should be remade.

I am also surprised at what the 70's would call PG, what with the orgy room, the frozen people, and Jenny Agutter who can never seem to keep her clothes on.

and Jenny Agutter who can never seem to keep her clothes on.

God Bless Jenny Agutter.... :laugh:

LMAO. I have to admit though that I've only seen her in Logan's Run, Werewolf in London, and Child's Play 2. I haven't seen CP2 in a while and I have no idea if she takes her clothes off but she did in the other two. I guess that's just the way I picture her now :laugh:

Earthdate 0509.258

I rented Evita. My mom tells me it's non-stop singing. 2 hours and 15 minutes of song, no dialogue. I doubt it can top Moulin Rouge.

I left the sodas I bought at work! I got them at Publix right before work and I told myself I would remember but now they're all the way over there! I don't even work tomorrow so I'll either have to go get them or get them on Friday...

Death to Smoochy on Comedy Central... I own it. *click* Family Guy, like I haven't seen every episode a million times. *click* I guess I'll watch Roseanne.

No current movies out look good, except for Brothers Grimm. I saw Transporter 2 and 40-year-old Virgin. Great movies. Flightplan looks like The Forgotten, which sucked, but since it's Jodie Foster I'll give it a chance when it comes to video. Everything else looks crappy.

And as a starting-to-become Stargate fan I made myself a little prop, as I always like to have with my favorite science fiction movies/shows.

Click For Spoiler
Jaffa.jpg

It's the head thingy of a Jaffa, (is that what they are called?) or at least Teal'c.

Also, I accidentally deleted my PAINT program and calculator somehow. Anyone know what I can do? I really depend on them both.

I found some free Paint (or better) download sites...

http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/download.htm

http://newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/download/

http://www.download.com/Deep-Paint/3000-2191_4-10398243.html

I hope at least one of these fit the bill for you.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot a calculator. Not sure this will work, if it not try Googling 'calculator downloads' (MSN gave me more mortgage calculators than anything)

http://www.kiva.net/~trimman/funstuff/useful.htm

Thanks Alterego! The first one it good. It's the most like my old PAINT with just a little Photoshop in it. But I guess there's nothing I can really do. I'll have to get used to this one. Thanks again, Alterego! :laugh:

Earthdate 0509.259

I'm bored. I watched Dawn of the Dead a while ago with the audio commentary. I love monster movies.

My complete DVD collection:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine seasons 1-6 (7 is coming)

Star Trek: Generations Special Edition

Star Trek: First Contact Special Edition

Star Trek: Insurrection Special Edition

Underworld

LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring

LOTR: The Two Towers Extended Edition

LOTR: The Return of the King

X-Men 2

ALIEN VS Predator

Star Wars Episodes 4-6

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

The Village

Goldeneye

Tomorrow Never Dies

Die Another Day

Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle

Pirates of the Caribbean

Bicentennial Man

Moulin Rouge

Willard

Steamboy

Spider-man

Tomb Raider

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Kung Pow

Sin City

He-Man and the Master's of the Universe (the best of)

.hack// Legend (episodes 1-8)

Anchorman Unrated Edition

Dawn of the Dead (remake)

Team America: World Police

Blood: The Last Vampire

And my VHS collection is too big to check out right now, but I'm bored, so what the hell.

(fifteen minutes later)

My VHS collection:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Godzilla (american)

I'll be Home For Christmas

Austin Powers

Back to the Future

Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park Collector's Edition

The Lost World

The Lost World Collector's Edition

Jurassic Park 3

The Christmas Box (free at Hallmark)

Scary Movie

An American Werewolf in London

X-Men

Ace Ventura: When Nature Call

Star Wars: The Phantom Menace

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Star Wars 4-6 Special Edition

Me, Myself, and Irene

The Mummy

The Mummy Returns

Lake Placid

Interview with the Vampire

Toy Story

Pokémon: The First Movie

The Land Before Time

Species

Pitch Black

Epoch

Silence of the Lambs

Hannibal

Speed

Galaxy Quest

Death To Smoochy

Halloween: Resurrection

Goldeneye

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Resident Evil

Dumb and Dumber

Planet of the Apes (original)

Escape from Planet of the Apes

Planet of the Apes (new)

Superman 2

Pet Cemetery

In & Out

Terminator

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

A View to a Kill

Hollow Man

From Hell

Nutty Professor

Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps

Caveman

ALIEN

ALIENS

ALIEN 3

ALIEN Resurrection

Time Machine

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

The Truman Show

Beverly Hills Cop 2

Copy Cat

The Perfect Storm

Sneakers

The World is Not Enough

Bachelor Party

Akira

The Howling

Wolfen

Well, that took a bit of time. I'm bored again.

Wanna hear a secret? Most of them are HBO recordings :laugh:.

Earthdate 0509.260

I rented Sharkboy and Lavagirl which looks like more crap than any Baldwin movie, but I just want to see a 3D movie that isn't Spy Kids. Which is ultra-crap.

And I figured out today that Debra Wilson from MAD tv did the voice of Captain Lisa Cusak in the DS9 season 6 episode: The Sound of Her Voice. That's so cool!!!

Also, I've been promoted to Captain in trivia! Only 141 points until I become a Vice-Admiral. And that won't take a few weeks. That's right. It will take longer.

Earthdate 0509.261

I just saw a rat run across my kitchen and it was HUGE! FRIKKIN' HUGE! Picture a rat bigger than a 16 oz soda bottle. I love rodents but I didn't know whether to think it was cute or jump on my chair and scream. I think I hear it... Rustling in my pantry. Oh wait. It's just raining. It hasn't rained in weeks. But that rat is somewhere out there! I just don't want to hurt it.

But that rat is somewhere out there! I just don't want to hurt it.

See how you feel about that after the rat poops all over the food in your pantry.. :nono: