Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Do you know the meaning of

So, do you?

(You don't need to tell us you real name, if you don't want to.)

My name is Derek. It means, basically "ruler." (Some sources say "Ruler of the people," some say "Emperor.")

All I know is if my first and middle name was used in the same sentence I was in trouble. If first middle and last name used it was time to run away from home

My Mother told me i was named at request of my

great grandmother who was from Scotland.

And had the surname of Stuart. Yes them Stuarts.

My Name Edward Charles.

Direct desendant of Mary Stuart. Other wise known as

Mary Queen of Scots.

Has been confirmed through geneolgy searches.

Hey she got her head cut off. By her cousin

The Winsor Family Current Roality of England

for the past 250 years.

My name literally means Light Stonebridge, which I think is cool.

There's a Celtic idea that if one knows someone's true name, that the person would have power over the other. I was told in a dream that my given name IS my true name, which I think is apropos. Mom almost named me Rebecca, but she said at the last second, filling out the birth certificate, she changed it to "Helen." She reasoned that since I was the last kid (of 7), and Dad had wanted "Helen" for the last couple kids, she'd name me that. I think it was kismet though. I've always been quite happy with my name.

They say that if your birth number and your name number are the same, a 1 in 9 chance, of course, that you're usually happy with your given name. My numbers are both 8 (although I consider 9 to be MY number).

My surname is Anglo-Saxon, and I'm pretty much 99 44/100ths British/Irish. Although I love my Scots heritage, I'm mostly English (with all the associated groups, like the Angles, Saxons, Normans, Jutes, etc etc). Sasunnach, heh, which merely means "Saxon." Some claim my grandmother was 100% Welsh, so I may be 1/4 Welsh, I don't know (some also say she was Welsh and Choctaw indian.)

Sorry about going on, I'm really into genealogy and knowing my heritage, which I think everyone should learn about.

My middle name does actually mean "Grace" although I'm sure it means the spiritual grace - not the "I can walk without tripping" grace. Nonetheless I do take comfort that yes "my middle name is grace"

There is debate on my first name because it's unclear if it's a derivative of a more common name or an independent name with a different meaning - I've seen both.

I've seen my lost name listed as Scotch with one meaning or Anglo-Saxon with another.

I just tell people I am "pure grace from a field or farm town"

I kinda have always liked studying the meanings of names:

First name means: Female warrior

Middle: Grace, or Full of Grace

Last: I have been told it means Hill.

So I guess to put my name in a sentence it could be "Graceful female warrior from the hills" (LOL, I know I rearranged it... but it sounded kinda silly the other way around)

My mom almost named me Angelique, and my grandmother(on my dad's side) wanted me to be called Brigitta. Of the two almost names, I like Mom's second choice of name for me. No offense to those really named Brigitta, but I really do not like that name much and it would be odd for me to have that name (does not fit me at all). THough mom's almost name for me was nice, my real name fits my personality well I think.

I actually was named for my parents in a way. So was my sister.

Both of our first names are derived from our mother's name (my name was actually a nickname/pet name that my grandmother would call Mom)

And our middle names contain a portion of our father's name.

Our brother was named for our two great grandfathers (on dad's and mom's sides)

And my niece, she was named for a character from "The Mummy" and her middle name was our grandmother's middle name(on our mom's side). And coincidentally she was baptised on our grandmother's birthday.

My mom was named after a little girl that was in her birthplace's newspaper the day my mom was born. Grandma liked the girls name, so the child's full name became my mom's first and middle names. And my dad is named after his dad (but is NOT a Jr. because he has a middle name and my grandfather did not)

ANGELA

Root: ANGEL

Origin: Greek

Meaning: Angelic

JANE

Origin: Hebrew

Meaning: Gracious, Merciful

Edited by Unadopted Angelic

Hi Christina here

female version of the Son of the Lord god

My Moms sense of humor(My father is Jewish)

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

My Grandfather chose the name Ken for me which is a common name in both english and japanese

In Japanese, the charecter for my name has the meaning "health" as in, my parents hoped i was a healthy boy. As far as the English meaning behind it, I have no clue... any ideas?

My Incredibly Long Name:

Walter

Meaning: Powerful warrior, rule amry

Origin: Old German

Hillwood

Meaning: Not Specific, Some Kind Of Christian Name..

Origin: Unknown.

Louis

Meaning:famous in battle; renowned warrior

Origin: Old German

Saint Germaine

Meaning: Kin ( I Think)

Origin: Saint Germain (added the e after my great-grandpa or something broke away from the catholic church) was a severely abused and neglected child. She turned to God, who taught her how to forgive her family and grow in holiness. She entrusted the sheep she tended to God's care while she went to daily Mass, and they were never attacked by wolves. One day when the rains flooded the river, a villager saw the water part so she could get to Mass. She died from her mistreatments at age 22; forty years later her body was exhumed and found incorrupted.

James is hebrew for Supplanter, and Timothy is Greek for "Honoring God".

According to dictionary.com on "Supplanter": "one who wrongfully or illegally seizes and holds the place of another" So, maybe I'm destined to overthrow someone?

I already gave the meaning of my name in the first post, but the origin of my name is English, with roots in the Old German name Theodoric.