Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Bowling

do you enjoy bowling  

14 members have voted

1. 1. do you enjoy bowling

• Yes
    • No

Hey i love to Bowl I was wondering who else here loves it in any form, I started just Cosmic Bowling, (which I still do on occasion with Alana) and then a non-sanctoned league, now this Season I am bowling on 3 Sanctioned leagues, and still will do Cosmic alot, I now also throw a Hook, which I didnt before and with the hook, my average increased 20 pins in a year, I now have a 174 average, so any other bowlers here? :oops:

My dad loved to bowl (so did most of my brothers).

When I was a kid we'd go bowling quite a bit in the spring and summer.I'd just play the coin-op games or sit and do my best to show my disinterest. :P

He finally quit taking me,which was just fine as far as I was concerned. :P

But,now that he's gone,I sure wish I'd taken a little more interest in some of the things he enjoyed....even if I had to fake it.

:P

I used to think bowling was dumb when I was younger, I started to bowl in leagues with my dad, Peewee I suggest you try it, maybe on just a cosmic level to get out and do something with friends, its fun especially in the winter, I like my Monday league $3.00 all the Beer you can drink, and thats usually the only time I drink unless its on a social level, its easier to hit the pins when you see 30 instead f 10 :P

:oops:

:P I might do that.

Edited by admiralpeewee

When I go bowling, its usually duckpin bowling which I believe is only played in about 3 states. You use a smaller ball and you throw the ball 3 times per frame instead of 2. When I was younger, my wife and I used to be in bowling leagues until it got too expensive. To be in a bowling league today would cost me in excess of $100 per month. We still go out bowling occasionally just for fun.

I used to bowl alot, but now I only get to play maybe once or twice a yr. If I remember right, my highest score was only 150-something or 130-something. Since I'm completely out of practice now, I'm lucky to break a hundred :P .

Love bowling. Took a one-credit bowling class in college (it was a filler to accompany the other 18 credit-hours I was taking that semester.) Our team won the class championship, and we got automatic 4.0s in the class for it. :(

Still a pretty bad bowler though. Have never gotten a turkey yet. Choke when trying to get the third one.

When we went to Maine a few weeks back, my wife and I tried Candlestick bowling. Its really weird. The pins are shaped like candlesticks and you use duckpin balls. Anybody else try this?

So what's the difference between bowling, cosmic bowling and duckpin bowling? I've never heard of the last two.

I don't know what cosmic bowling is. Duckpin bowling involves smaller pins and smaller balls. You get 3 balls per turn instead of 2. I think you can only find it in Delaware,Maryland and Pennslvania.

Cosmic bowling is special lights on, normal lights off.

Typically the walls in that room are painted specific colors, so that it casts a certain "glow in the dark" quality about the room.

Typically glow in the dark balls are used during that time also.

I once had a job that monthly had "activities" to increase morale and friendships at the office.

We'd go bowling once a quarter, and it was the event we most looked forward too.

Got a bit tipsy too, but that was half the fun.

i've enjoyed bowling for several. i was on the varsity sqaud in high school. earned my varsity letter.haven't bowled in about five years. this year i'm helping out with my brother's youth league so maybe i'll get some bowling in.

tm :rolleyes:

Hey i love to Bowl I was wondering who else here loves it in any form, I started just Cosmic Bowling, (which I still do on occasion with Alana) and then a non-sanctoned league, now this Season I am bowling on 3 Sanctioned leagues, and still will do Cosmic alot, I now also throw a Hook, which I didnt before and with the hook, my  average increased 20 pins in a year, I now have a 174 average, so any other bowlers here? :oops:

339379[/snapback]

I have bowled on and off since I was pretty much a toddler. My mom would tell me to sit at the foul line and she'd set the ball in front of me and let me either push the ball with either my hands or feet. True the ball took forever to reach the pins, if they hit them at all.

I never did league bowling, but keep an eye on my scores. My average is somewhere between 125 and 145. :rolleyes: Complete with the fact that I have gotten Turkeys, four and five strikes in a row on more than one occasion.

Though :blush 2: I think I gotta have somebody go to the alley with me.... if somebody goes I do not bowl as much. Luckily at the one lane I went to had a special, if you got to the lanes before 10am then each game you played was a dollar. At the lanes here at home... those 18 games really hit me in my pocket book. At about $3 a game... all I can say is OUCH! I had completely lost track of how many games I had played or even what time it was.

The place where it was $1 a game... I played 21 games in a row. :hug: