Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Medusa

New...

Hi, I'm Medusa, I'm twenty years old, I study medicine in Aachen/Germany. That was it :rolleyes: no, just kidding. So I'm German and I apologize for every mistake I'm going to make concerning the English language.

I love Star Trek since I was 11. Or even before that. I'm not so sure about this. But I kind of lost my interest for Star Trek after I turned 16 and began my life as a wild teenager. But the last time I visited my parents, I wanted to sort out my old books. I chucked away a lot of Star Trek novels. I grabbed "Mosaic" by Jeri Taylor - and started reading. 30 minutes later I grabbed all the other novels out of the trash can and took them home!

That was a few months ago and now I'm here, on a road of redemption...

(this message board has a spell check?????? That's just wonderful!!!!) :laugh:

Wilkommen im STARTREKFANS.NET, Medusa! Ich leibe deine name! Ich heisse Cara, ich bin seibzehn jahre alt und ich wohne im England. Ich leibe Star Trek und Deutsch also. :rolleyes::laugh:

Click For Spoiler

Welcome to STARTREKFANS.NET, Medusa! I like your name! My name is Cara, I am seventeen and I live in England. I like Star Trek and German also. I apologise if I got the german wrong. :laugh:

No, it's great (your German)- and the most important thing in learning foreign languages is working on them all the time.

I actually spent half a year in a British family in France, that's where my English comes from - I didn't learn that in school. I mean, I learnt some English at school, but the lessons and especially the teachers were pathetic.

My name is a reference to the Greek Mythology - so do not look in my eyes. One of my cuddly toys is named after this monster and I'm named after my cuddly toy. My actual name is Tessa, my parents' work and I will never forgive them.

Click For Spoiler

Ich finde, dass dein deutsch ganz passabel ist, das wichtigste bei Fremdsprachen ist einfach, dass du immer weiter an ihnen arbeitest.

Ich habe ein halbes Jahr in einer englischen Familie in Frankreich gelebt, da habe ich mein englisch gelernt - so was lernt man nicht in der Schule. Ich meine, ich habe auch englisch in der Schule gelernt, aber der Unterricht und vor allem die Lehrer waren armselig.

Mein Name lehnt sich an die griechische Sagenfigur an - schau mir bloß nicht in die Augen. Eins meiner Kuscheltiere ist nach diesem Ungeheuer benannt und ich bin nach meinem Kuscheltier benannt. Mein eigentlicher Name ist Tessa, das haben meine Eltern angerichtet und ich werde ihnen nie vergeben.

Na dann... hi *ggg* bin schon ne ganze Weile Mitglied hier und mir gefällts echt super... denke mal, dir auch. :laugh:

Nice to have you here :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the Boards, Medusa!

I am a bit of a mythology enthusiast, and really like your screen name! :rolleyes:

When I was in high school, the drama department put on a Haunted Trail for Halloween... and Medusa was who I portrayed. I would write in German too, but I am quite a bit rusty at it. Last time I was in German class was when I was about 16 (I am 25 now).. and only occasionally say/sing a little bit in German during my family band's performances.

Allow me to also extend a welcome, we have several German members here. As for your english, it's probably better then some of us that speak it as our native language :rolleyes:

Welcome Medusa to the STF.net board and I know and understand German from my mom's side of the family just not very good in writing it

Willkommen hier und habe viel spase.

:rolleyes::laugh::laugh: :blink:

Let me add my welcome as well! Your English is quite good, better than a few Americans I know :rolleyes: Though I am 50% German American, I sadly can speak no German - I should try to learn some for genealogical purposes. Enjoy this very friendly Star Trek site! We have a chat feature here too. See you on the boards!

Welcome to StarTrekfans.net!!

Hope you enjoy it here......see you out there :rolleyes:

Thanks for the nice welcome, and I just want to say how much I enjoy this message board - it is absolutely great! The discussions are interesting and on a very high standard, especially the political ones. Thanks! :blink:

Hello Medusa...And Welcome Aboard !!! Great screen name.. Happy Posting.. :blink: