Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Hey guys

I wanted to update my avatar. had all the specs right, Have done it before..And it won't let me do it

its says "The upload failed. Please contact a member of staff to help rectify the problem" huh?

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

Are you hosting the avatar or are you trying to 'upload' it? Because I don't believe that we are able to use the upload function with pics at this time. I believe that invision has upgraded their software again so this function will not work for us until our next upgrade. I'm certainly willing to host the avatar pic for you if you don't have web hosting..

*Is Space Tigger a moderator?*

Uhh... I uploaded mine.  :huh:

You uploaded yours? How long ago? Last time a member had similar problems the upload function wouldn't work. Tina, contact me by PM if you are still having problems and I'll try to help..

I didn't want it to be an issue, MButterfly, but thanks. :huh:

SpaceTigger, I've uploaded mine a month ago

....What problems? I've just this minute uploaded the avatar, one from the net and one from my hard drive. they both work. :huh:

I didn't want it to be an issue, MButterfly, but thanks.  :lol:

SpaceTigger, I've uploaded mine a month ago

331301[/snapback]

:huh: B) Oh, ok, just was trying to be helpful. :huh:

yeah i uploaded mine awile ago. Wanted to update it.. Not happening :huh:

I think the problem is somehow account sensitive, some have problems some don't, some have problems in one area such as avatars and some don't while some have trouble with attachments and others do not. I can upload new avatars but not make attachments.

I think the problem is somehow account sensitive, some have problems some don't, some have problems in one area such as avatars and some don't while some have trouble with attachments and others do not. I can upload new avatars but not make attachments.

How come? Its this a glitch in the system?

331307[/snapback]

:lol: :huh: uhh-ok. I had been having a problem with this for a month or two now... I just posted an pic Data had hosted for me (which I thank him once again for doing that for me) because I could not upload one from my computer.

I cannot upload avatars or personal photo. But I think I can still do attachments, I am not sure I have not tried that yet.

I know there are times where I cannot see images (some Sigs, some avatars, and when the ENT banner poll was being run I could not see half of them in that thread but when they were in the rotating banner I could see them most of the times)

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Last VBG and I talked about it he said he had an idea about why it was happening and would contact Invision about it, apparently finding the cause and applying the subsequent fix is still pending...

331307[/snapback]

I find my difficulty is more with PM's, sometimes not being able to open one, when all the rest around them are easy to open. :huh:

Last VBG and I talked about it he said he had an idea about why it was happening and would contact Invision about it, apparently finding the cause and applying the subsequent fix is still pending...

331321[/snapback]

The problem requires me to upgrade the boards software, which will require about 12 hours work and will probably require that the board be offline for at least that amount of time. I just haven't had time to sit down and do it yet.

DON"T DO IT

Thanks To Space Tigger i got my avatar the way i wanted it...*faints*

What I'll try to do is to make a full backup of the board and install it onto another database, then I'll upgrade that and do all of the required work there and save it. Then when I do the real upgrade the board won't be down for very long at all. And when I do it I'll try to do it overnight when most people are asleep.

When you upgrade the board VBG, you might want to consider changing the board style too.

The "LCARS" style is looking a big stale now.

Something "sleeker" might look better.

When you upgrade the board VBG, you might want to consider changing the board style too.

The "LCARS" style is looking a big stale now.

Something "sleeker" might look better.

332549[/snapback]

I have some things in the works but it's all tentative right now and dependant on a few things, mostly cost.

For now though there's no set plans for a new skin.

After reading this thread, I have come to the conclusion that VBG is very accommodating.

VBG, you are the best. :lol:

I guess there is still a problem.. I did try uploading an attachment too, and found that I cannot do that either. So I guess I cannot update my avatar yet :eekout: I love my cat, Crystal, but I was planning on updating my avatar....

The pic I have now was hosted by Data for his board's pet forum.. I know that I could always ask for him or one of the mods here to host an avatar for me. But I was curious as to whether the whole upload error thing had had any new info. I will continue to wait it out :laugh: , I know you guys are doing the best you can without completely taking the boards offline.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Hhmm... I like that test place. Why not keep the same background but use the blue "table" idea? I do think we need to freshen up a bit.

Oh, VBG, thanks for a great site. :eekout: :VBGal2: