Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STF's Invision 2.1 Test board

Invision has released an Alpha version of their new 2.1 software. It is strictly a test version of the software and not intended for full use in a forum, but I've gotten a copy and installed it so we can play around with it.

Anyone interested in seeing some of the new features in 2.1 can check it out at:

http://www.startrekfans.net/2_1/index.php?act=idx

It's not a permanent board so play around with it, keeping in mind that all of STF's rules also apply there as well.

If you come across any bugs let me know and I'll pass it along to Invision.

I just checked it out and the feature for multi-question poll is fantastic :) ...also the fonts and color background features are great something that would look good here and at the other 2 boards :)

Great... so how long do we have to wait and please tell me this doesn't turn into the next Win 95?

Great... so how long do we have to wait and please tell me this doesn't turn into the next Win 95?

334666[/snapback]

As soon as Invision completes work on it and releases the final version I'll upgrade here.

I encourage everyone to go try it out, I remember when we upgraded here last time it took a lot of people by surprise and it took them a little time to adjust to the new features. The test board will help everyone get used to the new features.

VBG, did you turn polls off? Because I wanted to try starting a poll and could not find the poll button.

VBG, did you turn polls off? Because I wanted to try starting a poll and could not find the poll button.

334795[/snapback]

There is no poll button in the new version. Just start a new topic and above the area where you type your post there's a link that says:

Click here to manage this topic's poll

Click that and you will get the options for polls.

Pretty cool. I like the quick edit option. Makes things so much simpler when you're trying to edit something. :jaw:

334795[/snapback]

There is no poll button in the new version. Just start a new topic and above the area where you type your post there's a link that says:

Click here to manage this topic's poll

Click that and you will get the options for polls.

334802[/snapback]

Thank you, VBG. I added a poll to the test forum.

I like it, seems like fun.

Mind you I'm perfectly happy with what we have now.

I like it, seems like fun.

Mind you I'm perfectly happy with what we have now.

334850[/snapback]

I am too, for the most part. But my motto is "When better is possible then best just isn't good enough." So I keep striving to make things better.

Interesting... I just popped in to see if anyone said anything of interest. It says my last visit was June 26th, but my last post was on June 29th. Hmmm.....