Today in History

(1979) Ric Flair defeats Buddy Rogers in a battle of the "Nature Boy's." Flair uses the figure four leg lock to win the match.

Whooooooooooooooooooooooo

GODDAMMIT! MY VCR JUST BROKE AND MY SMACKDOWN TAPE IS STUCK INSIDE IT!!!

Jim Cornette has been fired by the WWE, apparently he slapped a student at the OVW tapings last night, ok rant time, they fire cornette for slaping someone, and bob holly bit the *poopie* out of a tough Enough contestant and kept his job, WWE should let him go next IMO

So With All The Downsizing, Ya Think Much Will Change?

Oh Hey, I Read That Holly Bitting The Contestant Was Just Part Of The Show... :blink:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

A little late but...my thoughts on this week's RAW:

Click For Spoiler

- I haven't seen a single article explaining why the Coach is now with JR and the King. Does anyone know?

- Snitski & Big Slow - Gee......what a dream match THIS is..........................

- Hearthrobs - These guys really suck!

- Chavo - Wow....hew bald......Kerwin White? What the heck is that? What a dumb angle!........he was right about Maria though....

- Hurricane & Rosie - That was really funny.

- Maria/Cena - This "stupid" angle seems to work for Maria. At this rate, she'll be in Playboy within a year.

- Diva contest - What a waste of time........except for the wardrobe malfunction...lol........which was totally planned in advance by the way.

- Wow. Rene Dupree sure looks different........and where is Fifi?

- HBK - This should be a great feud. It will probably go on until Summerslam and finish up there.

Today in History

(2000) The infamous Vince Russo/Hulk Hogan shoot took place at WCW's Bash at the Beach PPV. This marked Hulk Hogan's last WCW appearance.

Today in History

(1988) NWA/WCW's Great American Bash PPV takes place in Baltimore, Maryland for the first of seven times (in Baltimore that is). The main event featured Ric Flair defeating Lex Luger to retain the World title.

I just read where the WWE is thinking of dumping Lawler and replacing him with Coach! They feel that Lawler is paid way too much for what he does. I really hope this doesn't happen.

Also, forget about Matt Hardy coming back to WWE for now. He has all but confirmed that he is going to TNA.

I forgot to mention that I went to a Star Trek convention yesterday and picked up a really cool "Cactus Jack Invades ECW" dvd. It has all of his best ECW matches as well as some killer promos.

Was the Hardy thing a work or shoot, I hink a work cause they would of cut to commercial I think if he was really attacking edge, I dont know, if it i a work, great angle WWE, but the arrest looked real

The whole Thing between jeef, matt and Amy was a work from day one I think and if it is great idea for the wwe, maybe they are going back to more Real storylines again, I hope so

Matt really fooled everyone on his website. Hes been trashing WWE for weeks there now and swearing he would not go back. Fans of his website are probably a little pissed now cause we always depended on it to shoot straight with us.

Today in History

(1998) Kane & Mankind defeat the New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn) to become the new WWF Tag Team Champions.

today in History

(1984) NWA's air time on the Atlanta based Superstation, WTBS is taken over by WWF. After several complaints from NWA fans, Vince McMahon responds by saying "We'll show those complainers the difference between a major league and minor league production, given time." NWA wrestling was quickly reinstated on WTBS.

I'm gonna show my age here, but I remember when that happened. I turned on TBS to watch NWA and I was shocked to see Gorilla Monsoon there doing a WWF show. I was really happy when NWA came back on.

I remeber when that happened, I was pissed as a little Kid I was a big flair mark, and I already got to watch WWF earlier in the day, I needed my Flair fix

Whooooo

:oops:

Greetings People.

After waiting for my computer to be fixed for three frickin weeks, I'm back.

WWE thoughts

Chavo Guerrero - This is without any doubt, one of the worst characters I have ever seen in wrestling. A Mexican wrestler wants to be a middle class white man?

Erm....yeah that will really draw. :P

At times like these I'm convinced that Stephanie McMAN simply isn't fit to write a phone number, let alone book for the world's largest wrestling company.

Absolutely **** :P

I noticed that Matt is back and the Blue Meanie was on SmackDOWN facing JBL.

Ahhh wrestling, where any real-life situation can be turned into an angle.

Diva Search - Total crap. A good twenty minutes is being wasted every week on this ****

I Really Don't Understand The Kerwin White Thing Either. My Hope Is That Once The Eddie/Rey Thing Is Resolved, Eddie Will Jump To RAW And Kick Chavo's Butt For Denouncing His Heritage....It Could Happen...

I Can See It Now..

Kerwin "Chavo" White Is In The Ring, Yappin'...Eddie Strolls Onto The Stage....Looks At Chavo In Confusion And Disgust....Then..."What The Hell Are You Doing Essa?!"

I never understand Vince's thinking.

He probably thinks that giving Chavo this character will shock and outrage the Hispanic audience into watching the show. It's more likely to simply drive them away. If you want to attract a Hispanic audience you have to present Hispanic wrestlers with dignity and respect.

But that would require intelligent thought from the McMahon family, and we aren't going to get that.

They are still completely incoherant.

Honestly I can barely understand anything they say.

My advice is to not let them speak and just let them wrestle.

So far they look pretty impressive in the ring.

They need a mouthpiece manager to speak for them and they need to ditch the lawnmowers and overalls.

In fact, Eddie's gimmick of coming down to the ring in a lowrider would have suited them.

Right now, I'm not sure what they are. Heels or faces.

I think the term they use would be "tweeners".

Neither face nor heel.

Yeah, lawnmowers.

They drive down to the ring riding on a lawnmower. :P