LordOfTheBorg

McDonals: Spawn Of Satan, Or Good Food?

Spawn Of Satan? Good Food?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Spawn Of Satan? Good Food?

• Spawn Of Satan
    • Good Food
    • Other

holy man, i was just thinking about it, and i've decided that McDonald's is the spawn of satan. Anyone agree? I'lll give you reason tommorrow, have to go to bed now.

i've decided that McDonald's is the spawn of satan. Anyone agree?

No sane person would agree.

I like McDonalds.

It's perfectly fine if you eat their products in moderation.

If you are a glutton then you'll suffer from health problems, but that applies to most foods, not just fast foods and not just McDonalds.

I admire McDonalds, the way it came from a small business and expanded through sound business strategies and hard work.

I chose Other because I hate McDonalds, won't even step foot in it. It's my number one enemy next to Yahoo.com, and because I don't know what you mean by Spawn of Satan. Satan isn't a bad guy :naughty:

McDonals has disgusting food that has high callories, and horrible commercials that have me always keeping the remote around for just an emergency.

McDonalds is bad if you go there every day to eat. I look at McDonalds as something I treat myself to once in a while. The food obviously tastes good or they wouldn't be around.

"Spawn Of Satan"

The food does not taste like food to me… it’s not something I have against fast food, just McDonalds (and Burger King).

Good food, in moderation. to much is bad for you and you dont live if you dont eat it now and again.

McDonalds is awful food.

It makes me very sick to my stomach, and affects my intestinal system.

The only thing I can eat there is their hot cakes and sausage platter, which I must say is very yummy.

i've decided that McDonald's is the spawn of satan. Anyone agree?

No sane person would agree.

I like McDonalds.

It's perfectly fine if you eat their products in moderation.

If you are a glutton then you'll suffer from health problems, but that applies to most foods, not just fast foods and not just McDonalds.

I admire McDonalds, the way it came from a small business and expanded through sound business strategies and hard work.

328351[/snapback]

Suck up to McD's. The only thing I like at McD's is the breakfasts. But I do not eat them very much either.

Edited by Data

Good Food.

Hey, its not great for you (I don't have it all that often, I mostly have Mr. Sub or Harvey's (Canadian chains)) but that doesn't make it the spawn of Satan. They seem to be working really hard at trying to change their image with healthier food and nicer restaurants.

Plus, it would be really hard for me to call McDonald's the spawn of Satan when I avidly collect their hockey cards every winter (except this past winter, stupid lockout).

In my case the food I eat there is Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with either Ranch or Caesar dressing, the new Fruit and Walnut Salad, chicken nuggets when I am not feeling very well(overall I have always basically avoided fried foods, and if I do eat them it is in limited quantities no matter the food chain they come from), Grilled chicken sandwich... and on occasion the Big & Tasty sandwich(sometimes with cheese, but most often without)

Breakfast wise... I occasionally will eat the breakfast burritos(but since they have sausage in them, they bug my stomach... sausage makes me sick to my stomach, as does bacon on occasion), and I like the hotcakes platter, though I substitute the steak instead of the bacon or sausage. Steak, egg and cheese bagel(though I sometimes will leave the egg off the sandwich). And most often I will get a plain bagel with cream cheese, or have a cheese and bagel sauce bagel(sometimes with the onions from the steaks added)

Primarily, I will much rather eat at Taco Bell or Arby's if I am heading home and want to get fast food. Sonic too... but :frusty::naughty: The one here in town never seems to be able to get orders correct, heck they screwed up my mom's & my order today (a large root beer extra ice and a large sweet iced tea). But if there is time I could spare and go to a regular resteraunt... International Buffet here in town (Chinese cuisine is the main items on the menu, but there are other selections too... My favorite there is :naughty: Mongolian Barbeque), or a couple other smaller resteraunts (one being a place where my family occasionally will play music at, and my dad regularly plays music at. Has primarily seafood there which is great! :naughty: )

In my case the food I eat there is Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad with either Ranch or Caesar dressing, the new Fruit and Walnut Salad,

Don't be fooled by those salads. They have more calories than a Big Mac!

I suppose what is claimed they do to the fain-forests could be said to have a Satanic connection but I do like the Deluxe breakfast platter and the seasonal McRib sandwich (best pressed meat sandwich on the planet! :naughty: ) but most of their other menu items give me the squirts if you know what I mean. For burgers I prefer Carls or Charbroiled Steakburgers from a little shack over on the Avenue.

McDonalds -good food what i've had in the past has been the Chicken McNuggets -filet o-Fish-Big Mac only if i went to the US might I try a Rib Sandwich sounds tasty(and for Breakfast Egg Mcmuffin-Hash Brown and Milk or Orange juice)but also just in moderation otherwise also go to Harvey's("Canadian Chain")for a quick Hamburger and Onion Rings or Fries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:frusty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Personally I don't mind McDonalds. The food I get is good. I get a Quarter Pounder plain with cheese meal with lemonade or Hi-C, not soda and I'm good to go. I order it the same every time, almost like Captain Picard and his Earl Grey.

I don't go very often, heck it is a pretty rare occasion, so my health isn't adversely affected.

Spawn of Satan? No, that would be Wal-Mart.

McDonalds -good food what i've had in the past has been the Chicken McNuggets -filet o-Fish-Big Mac only if i went to the US might I try a Rib Sandwich sounds tasty(and for Breakfast Egg Mcmuffin-Hash Brown and Milk or Orange juice)but  also just in moderation otherwise also go to Harvey's("Canadian Chain")for a quick Hamburger and Onion Rings or Fries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:frusty:  :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty:

328438[/snapback]

I only put the Canadian chain thing in there because I don't think Harvey's or Mr. Sub exist in the United States (I know there is a Mr. Subb in the states but it isn't the same company). And here I go again diverting another thread.

Every October they have Madame Alexander Dolls in their happy meals.

I voted other - I wouldn't actually call it "good" food but it's edible when you're hungry.

My first job was under the golden arches (I think we worked harder then).

Of the major burger chains I'd have to say I prefer Wendys.

I don't know why they'd be considered "evil" - they're in the business to make money like every other business in this country.

My first job was under the golden arches (I think we worked harder then).

I worked for McDonalds for a few years as well during my teens. One of the best experiences I've ever had...............until they fired me........ :naughty:

You know what George Carlin says about picky eaters. That's just another name for a pain in the _ss.

Good grief ... everyone in the U.S. is overweight or headed that way. Is that McDonald's fault? Heavenly days, no!

When I was little, we went to McDonalds or any other fast food restaurant a maximum of once or twice a month. You just didn't eat out that often. Even when Mom was working, we ate at home every night at 5 p.m. No take-out, no pizza delivery ... she or I cooked every night.

People have just gotten so lazy about everything and everyone takes the easy way out on just about everything they do. My brother's kid eats french fries every day, or those fried mashed potato rounds, or tater tots, deep-fried chicken nuggets, etc. etc. I can't believe how they let that kid eat and the habits they've allowed her to adopt. She's still a bean pole, but obesity runs in my sister-in-law's family ... it's only a matter of time before all this fast food catches up with my darling 10 year old niece.

Today's parents are the spawn of Satan ... not McDonalds.

if i went to the US might I try a Rib Sandwich sounds tasty

Just be warned that all though they are pretty darned good(or at least at the McD's I go to anyways they are really well done)... it depends on where you go, they are actually seasonal sandwiches. So they are only available for a couple months, or until the supplies to make them run out.

They used to have one here a few years back, that had mushrooms & swiss cheese. I think it was a burger, it may have been a chicken sandwich.... I do not care, I wish they would bring it back :assimilated: awesome sandwich.

Don't be fooled by those salads. They have more calories than a Big Mac!
oh I know. And it does not bother me much. I have never dieted in my life, nor do I ever plan too (I am somewhere around 129 - 133lbs @5'1" and am a competitive dancer, and was formerly a gymnast and had been in that sport for 20 years ).

Funniest thing is, when I was at my heaviest(near 165 @ 4'11 1/2") was when went through a phase where I just did not get hungry pretty much at all during the day... maybe the equivalent of a meal and a half a day, training at almost the same level I was when I was competitive in gymnastics. I am back to eating how I used to before that phase(which really does not include much in the way of junk food, and an occasional burger never really counted as junk food to me... I am referring to doughnuts or potato chips or something like that.), and am back to my healthy weight.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Spawn of Satan. I used to like them...but now every bite I eat hurts me.

The Ideal Fast-Food Restaurant would be a cross between Arby's and Sonic (both very American chains...so American that a lot of Americans haven't ever even eaten there.) Arby's for the roast-beef sandwichs and both styles of fries and Sonic for it's slushies, CreamSlushes, shakes, soda add-ins, and all other drink-associated elements.

I chose 'other.' McDonald's is not the spawn of Satan, as there is no such thing as Satan. McDonald's is also not good food. So it is neither.

I voted other because I couldn't find the option "Gift from God". I think McD's food is excellent and more importantly, consistant. This means that it can potentially be misused or overused. Take it like medicine. All medication is good until it is misused or overused - then its just plain drugs.

IMO, satan has no powers of creation. He can't create. He only steals. :yahoo::laugh: :)

I picked 'Other.' Eating there once in a while is not too bad, and in fact I enjoy it, but eating there like every day would have negative effects on one's health. For these reasons I try and avoid deep-fried food of any kind whenever possible, but sometimes it's a convenience because it's just everywhere.