Stephen of Borg

Do You Believe In Ghosts?

Do You?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do You?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

yes I do believe in ghosts, no one does until they actually see them. But these stories are true, I have shared them here before, but I will again.

I will put a number in front of each account

1. When I was about 4 years old, I lived in an apartment building. Every other night I would wake up in the middle of the night and I would see someone standing there in my room. It looked like a woman with a black hood and cape. I couldn't see her face because the hood covered it up. I would be terrified. She would just stand there. I would cut the light on and she would disappear. This was no coat hanging on a chair that was just my imagination, it was a real person standing there.

2. I live right next to my grandparents house. Right after my grand father died I was looking at his house, and all of a sudden I saw what looked to be my grandfather. He was walking back to his house. I got out and followed him saying "Papa?" which is what I called him. He kept walking and when he got to the house he disappeared. I got so scared I ran back home, fast!

3. One night I laid down to go to sleep. About 5 minutes later I hear laughing right next to my ear. I look around real fast and no one is there.

4. Another night I was alone in the house and all of a sudden I started to hear mumbles that sounded like talking. Everything was cut off and I don't live next to any body, I live in a forest away from anyone so it wasn't apartment neighbors talking.

5. It hasn't happened for a while, but I used to see people walk past my door and I thought it was someone going to their room. I would go in their room to say something to them and they wouldn't be in there. That has happened more than once.

So after all of that I do believe. Like I said, I understand if you think I'm making it up, it's just one of those things you have to witness for yourself before you believe. Does anyone else have experiences like this?

Yes I have experiences like that, but yet they are different.

They are too much of a personal nature to post, as most were "foreshadowing" things in my life, almost like visions.

But as far as spirits of the departed, instead of seeing them clearly I smell them.

The most unusual was just after my Father suddenly died. Only home for a short while after his passing and this one I will share

I was in the kitchen when only the light over the kitchen table began to turn on and off very quickly. No one was near the light switch. B)

So I went back to reading my paper when the radio began to do the same thing.

Again, everyone in the room was seated at the table, no one near the radio or the light switch.

Now I had goosebumps.

So I asked, "Who is trying to let us know they are here?"

Suddenly the smell of a mint called a "humbug" became very strong in the room.

My Uncle always carried humbugs with him, and I believe he was trying to let me know we are not alone, that he was there with me. And I think he was excited to have my dad to pal around with again. :laugh:

It brought me great comfort.

in every case i have heard, there is ALWAYS a scientific explanation.

324241[/snapback]

Parapsychology is a science. The Ghostbusters are all scientists, by-the-way.

post-812-1095566621.gif

Edited by DrWho42

Yes, I do believe.

My grandparents house is one of the homes that at least was a part of the Ghost Tours here in town. People do not go into the homes, but you pass by them while the stories of the paranormal are told.

in every case i have heard, there is ALWAYS a scientific explanation.

324241[/snapback]

Parapsychology is a science. The Ghostbusters are all scientists, by-the-way.

post-812-1095566621.gif

324246[/snapback]

one, the Ghostbusters are fiction. not that i don't enjoy watching their movies.

two, psychology is a different kind of science, so basically it counts, but maybe it explains why people sees ghosts. their minds are playing tricks on them.

three, if i did believe in ghosts, i would be living in the most haunted of haunted houses. but i don't believe in ghosts, therefore i don't see the ghosts of Vincent-Owen skaters, or the son of Josiah Locke (who was murdered in my room) roaming around.

that was my little piece on why i don't believe in ghosts.

:tear: hope you like it :tear:

two, psychology is a different kind of science, so basically it counts, but maybe it explains why people sees ghosts. their minds are playing tricks on them.

324383[/snapback]

I said “Parapsychology”, not “Psychology”. :tear:

It's the science the delves into the study of the various forms of E.S.P. [Extra-Sensory Perception, which include telepathy, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairalience, clairgustance, and precognition.] and that of psychokinesis [once called “telekinesis], which includes O.O.B. experiences, astral projection, remote viewing, and so forth.

This science can also be furthered to the study of ghosts along with other noncorporeal entities of the sort, such as studying the Electronic Voice Phenomena.

post-812-1095566621.gif

Edited by DrWho42

Certainly believe in Ghosts had a chilling experience where I lived on Tecumseh street the ghost would apparantly turn the t.v off in my mom's bedroom while i was still asleep and the radio with the cassette player would play on its own even though there was nothing inside it and of course hearing footsteps in my mom's bedroom (my personal one is the ghost seemed to open and close the basement door thats what it sounded like and my mom and her friend were watching t.v and weren't even aware of it).

Yes, I do believe.

My grandparents house is one of the homes that at least was a part of the Ghost Tours here in town. People do not go into the homes, but you pass by them while the stories of the paranormal are told.

324251[/snapback]

I work in the same city in which you live and apparently a lot of people believe the place is crawling with ghosts. My co-workers seem to believe our office is haunted.

Since I don't believe in ghosts that doesn't bother me.

Gamera, that isn't saying that I don't believe you've had unusual experiences because I have had them as well. But I believe there is another explanation.

For one thing we can't not rely on our memory of events that happened as children. Because if we did that I would have to believe that people can fly because I know I did once when I was a kid.

For one thing we can't not rely on our memory of events that happened as children.  Because if we did that I would have to believe that people can fly because I know I did once when I was a kid.

324399[/snapback]

Yeah! Me too! :lol: :tear:

Well, it was more like floating, but close enough. :tear:

maybe the floating/flying was evidence of psychkinesis? the ability to do something with the mind rather than physically.

Also on the subject of psychology. A lot of psychologists believe in parapsychological phenomena. it can even be backed up scientifically.

Muy university once did an inhouse upublished experiment as a demonstartion of collating data, in which people were asked to predict the falling of a coin in 100 tosses of it, the chances of them predictingthat is actually 50.50 scientifically. However the results were pegged at 78% makes you wonder if those that see ghosts aren't more sensitive to the next level of life?

Yes, I believe.

1. It first started off when I was about 3, and my friend and her parents came round. After watching a Disney film me and my friend went upstairs to play in my room. Suddenly the room went really cold and a shadow of a war soldier appeared on the wardrobe door. I just got up and hit it with my teddy, and it waved at me. We ran downstairs and told my mum who just said we were seeing things.

2. Another time when my friend slept over my house and we were talking amongst ourselves when we heard a voice. My family were asleep, and it wasn't their voices either. I just said "If anyone's there, show yourself". A blue flash of a person appeared in the corner.

I do believe, and I have had experiences to back this up.

1. Anyone ever heard of Fort Sheridan? It's an old Army post near Highland Park in Illinois, about 20 miles north of Chicago. Well, before my dad retired from the Navy we lived on Westover Road, in old Cavalry housing. On the rare night I would be alone, I could SWEAR I'd hear booted feet walking around upstairs. Now, remember, my dad was in the Navy, and wore boots to work quite often, so I know the sound of booted feet on hard wood floors. and it was definately the sound I heard. Now, people always want to tell me it was the Dog, or the Cats, but dog and cat paws don't have NEARLY the resounding sound of boots on hard wood.

2. When I was ten, just after my great grandfather died, I was laying in bed one night, watching Baywatch of all things (Great night time TV, by the way). My TV was located on the far wall of my room, with my bed in the middle. I was laying there facing the TV when I heard a rather distinctive husky voice saying "Gary!" scared the daylights out of me. and, I smelled the distinctive smell of his pipe. I can't remember what it was he smoked in his pipe, but I remember it always smelled really good. And I know this wasn't one of my brothers or my dad playing a trick on me, because none of them could match Grandpa Curley's voice, and my dad didn't buy a pipe until a few years later.

3. Anyone ever been to Old Town in San Diego? If so, have you visited the Whaley House? I did in 4th Grade. If you've been there, Nuff said. if not, click on the this Link

I do believe, and I have had experiences to back this up.

3. Anyone ever been to Old Town in San Diego? If so, have you visited the Whaley House? I did in 4th Grade. If you've been there, Nuff said. if not, click on the this Link

324590[/snapback]

(Same with me and UFO experiences, people may not believe my stories but I know what I saw.)

Yes been there, saw all the pics but no apparitions present at time of our visit unfortunately.

What is it with ghosts and hallways? So many apts. we've rented have "something" hanging out there.

Not really, I'm open minded and if I see any real evidence or come across any hard research I may change my opinion but for the moment no, I don't believe in ghosts.

I do believe in Ghosts I saw on when I was a kid. For some reason when I got older I've always known when a place I'm in is haunted.. How do I know this, I get a certain feeling, and I ask the person living or working there.

not just as a child, but I have seen them recently so I'm not making up anything. Like I said, you have to see to believe, and hopefully you never will because it is not something to experience.

I just finished watching a program yesterday on TV and a woman was talking about she saw what appeared to be a woman with a hood standing in her room. So there is proof right there that I'm not the only one that has seen something very similar

How's that proof Gamera?

325203[/snapback]

*Hops off horse, tips hat to Matt*

It's proof Gamera isn't the only one to have seen a ghost, not neccisarily that ghosts exist. *Gets back on his high horse and rides off into the sunset*

y'know (im not saying this about anyone here), but there are people who lie about this sort of thing. y'know, like, seeing ghosts an' all.

why they lie? i don' know.

and if there are supposedly ghosts everywhere, why don't i see them?

i guess it's just part of my atheistic life.

Perhaps you aren't as "sensitive" to such things Chi, or perhaps you've never been someplace where, as in some of the situations described here, there was something extraordinary happening.

hey dude, chill. c'mon, i can be sensitive towards these things. i RESPECT the fact people have seen things. i BELIEVE that people see things, but i don't think that they saw ghosts.

see, think about it this way. there can be no afterlife, because there was no beforelife. if there is no afterlife, there can be no ghosts. there can be elaborate pranks and tricks of the mind, but no ghosts.

believe me, i've been to the weirdest places, such as Pearl Habor, every battlefield in America (not really, but a ton of them, my dad is a civil war buff, and i live right near Lexington), and a ton of other places. yea, there's a VIBE, but no ghosts. not at night.

also, the beforelife is that you weren't a ghost before you were born, then how can you be a ghosts after you die?

that's why you shouldn't be afraid of death. if you don't miss what happened before you were born, you certainly won't miss what happens after you die!

not that living is bad

and i do luv ghost stories.

ChiFire Posted Today, 06:35 PM

hey dude, chill. c'mon, i can be sensitive towards these things. i RESPECT the fact people have seen things. i BELIEVE that people see things, but i don't think that they saw ghosts.

Yes, there's a very big difference seeing something that isn't readily explained and concluding that it is a ghost. I certainly believe people have seen things but that is not proof that they are ghosts.

Although Chifire, I'm not sure what your argument about a before life (what I call the pre-existence) and the afterlife have to do with ghosts. I believe in life before and after this but I still do not believe in ghosts. (for what's worth - in my belief - we don't remember the pre-existence for a reason)