Sign in to follow this  
bevfanK

Trekkie or Trekker

Which one do you go by or like better?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you go by or like better?

• Trekkie
    • Trekker

I'm a trekker. They are actually different things.

Trekker: Watches the shows, and has some merchandise.

Trekkie: life revolves around trek, watches the shows religiously, attends conventions, has loads of video's and DVD's and much more merchandise.

Interesting...I'd always heard it the opposite way. Of course, if you called a 'trekker' a 'trekkie' they would go off on you because 'trekker' sounded more mature. I actually had that happen to me once. This girl snapped on me because I called her a 'trekkie'. She got really huffy and offended. Of course, that was many years ago when some were extremely testy about it. Now it seems that we've grown beyond 'name calling' and found that we all like the same show. :dude: By your def I'm a trekker, but everyone around me would say I'm a trekkie, except for the conventions. I haven't been able to make one yet. :dude: I will, one of these days. I really want to go to Las Vegas! I think that would be so cool!

Katy :laugh:

Trekkie: life revolves around trek, watches the shows religiously, attends conventions, has loads of video's and DVD's and much more merchandise.

I agree with these definitions and I am a Trekkie.

Hmmmm...I'm kind of "on the fence" between trekkie and trekker. My life DOES revolve around Trek, but, I'm about to let out a big secret...I only just got into it a few months ago. I haven't yet been to a convention, but I'm going to one this summer, I have a good amount of merchindise (I'd have more if I wasn't so cheap lol) and I do watch it relgiously. I plan on making a Starfleet uniform(TOS style so I can show off my beautiful thighs) and wearing out of the house (not just on Halloween or to conventions, here in Atlanta there's some places where people will accept just about anything.) So I guess I'm an aspiring trekkie.

By the definition that trekkies are the TOS fans then, yes, I am a trekkie, I am OBSESSED with TOS.

I am a...

Click for Spoiler:

trekkie. Edited by harrykim

Trekkie!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Live Long and Prosper

Keep on Trekkin'

man, I haven't heard or thought about these two words in a long time. I'm pretty much over the Trekkie/Trekker thing, but by all definitions I would be considered a Trekker.

I'm also both, but I prefer Trekkie.

Trekkie: life revolves around trek, watches the shows religiously, attends conventions, has loads of video's and DVD's and much more merchandise

I've heard it in the opposite way, so those stuff are just rumours.

By the way, I believe that both Trekkie and Trekker means the same thing.

:veryangry:

I really do not like either.

For example:

Likes brad pitt=pitter

Likes Patrick stewart=stewartie

Likes sly stallone=stoneie

Likes Star Gate sg1=Gater

Likes Battlestar Galactica=starie

ect. ect. ect. :veryangry: you never here someting like that

but people are just as fanatic about other things.

I am just a big fan.