Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

Since I am in San Diego I believe I should start a new log. ;) So far everything is going great. I am hoping tomorrow that I will have my apartment so Astro and I can move in as soon as possible.

Yesterday I took Astro to the vet. He has an ear infection. It looks so much better than it did yesterday. The only downside that Astro hates the treatment. It takes me half an hour to clean his ears. :P Next week he has a follow up.

Astro has four paws and month which he will use. He acts like its killing him. I simple don't have enough hands. Sometimes I wish I had one more person to hold him still while I clean the ears and put the medication in it.

I know the feeling. Our dog wasn't very big, but when he had an ear infection, he turned into a huge, floundering octopus when we tried to clean his ears! :P

It is so much fun to clean Astro ears. I just have 12 more days to clean them.

I still didn't find a place to live and its starting to bother me somewhat. I am going to another place and I really hope I will get it.

Yeah, its a long time for me and Astro. :P I swear he becomes a very different dog when I put in the cleaning solution. :yahoo:

Astro is my "baby" so I really don't have much of a choice. Its either clean his ears or watch him in pain. The days will go by fast. I hope. :P

I got a cell phone. Still the one that I have in Japan is still much better than the states. At least its free. :angry:

Astro has four paws and month which he will use.  He acts like its killing him.  I simple don't have enough hands.  Sometimes I wish I had one more person to hold him still while I clean the ears and put the medication in it.

310615[/snapback]

My dog is quite large, 75 pounds, and I got to the point where I had to sneak up on him and lay on him before he'd submit so I could clean his ears. :angry: :look::eek:

Good luck with that Odie, I know it's not any fun!! :mad1:

Wow, Astro just 7.5 pounds. He is to small for me to lay on him, but I try.

Astro's ears are much better now. I think the infection has cleared it self. As he is re-house broken. :eek: I was told it was normal behavior after a move, but it was very annoying for a little bit. :angry:

Right now I am trying to catch-up on all the movies in the States. :look:

Today is another beautiful day in San Diego. I have little over 2 weeks before I have to check into my next command. I am very much looking forward to it.

I have found an apartment! :P :P :P I won't be able to move into until April 1st! I got it day after my deadline, but now I don't care. I am going to enjoy the rest of my vacation! :o

Astro's ear are no better! :P He is also behaving himself. Yesturday I was text messaging a friend he gave me a hint that he wanted play. I was laying on the bed, and he drop one of his toys on my face. Some hint. :P

I picked up my dress blues from the dry cleaners. It looks good. I am still getting used to my new rank. My uniform with a first class with one harsh mark looks odd. :P I can't wait until I move into my apartment on the first.

This is my last week of vacation. :blush: My vacation went by to fast for me.

Trust me I will. I am still not sure what I want to do yet. I will most likey make up my mind once I'm in the ticket office. :blush:

Next week Monday I will check into my next command. My uniforms are almost ready. I will pick up rest of my uniforms today from the dry cleaners.

I have some bad news. My pay got messed up big time. I can't move into the apartment and I have to live on the ship. I also have to give up Astro. :P

I have some bad news.  My pay got messed up big time.  I can't move into the apartment and I have to live on the ship.  I also have to give up Astro.  :wow:

314769[/snapback]

I'm so sorry to hear about your apartment and Astro. :wow: Hope everything gets worked out soon! :o

I have GREAT NEWS! There is someone on the ship is willing to help me with Astro. I can keep him! One of the guys girlfriend willing to take Astro in when I am deployed. Either tomorrow or day after I will pick him up.