Sign in to follow this  
Angela

Songs you can't listen to

Is there a song you can't listen to because it brings back painful memories?

I have two both by Tim McGraw Can't be really gone and Live like you were dying. They bring back memories of the time after my mothers death in October where I just couldn't accept her death.

What are your songs that you can't listen to?

Hmm Behind blue eyes by limpbizkit is a song i cant listen to anymore which is a shame cuz i kinda liked it

I always liked the original "Behind Blue Eyes" performed by the Who. LB's was pretty good, but not as good as the original version. I can't really think of any songs right now that I can't listen to

"I Miss My Friend"

"Where are you going?" I do not know who sings it, but it was a song from when I was really little(the title may have been "Turn Around"..). It is about a little girl growing up to adulthood and leaving the house. It tears me up every time, I am getting teary eyed just writing this. "Butterfly Kisses" is another that has the same effect.

"Tears In Heaven"

For a very long while, I could not hear "Papa Can You Hear Me?" from Yentle after the death of my grandfather in 1994. And for a similar reason, I will avoid a couple other songs when I am in a sad mood...and those are:

"Run For The Roses" and "Leader of the Band" both by Dan Fogleberg. The first one reminds me of my grandmother, she adored the Kentucky Derby and horses in general. And that is what the first song is about. The second I can listen to up to the line "And Papa, I don't think Ive said I love you near enough"

"On My Own" and " A Little Fall of Rain"- both from Les Miserables

THere are actually a list of others for various reasons..And the saddest part is, I adore all of these songs. They just make me either extremely sad or cry a lot.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

The Song is "The Way We Were."........It reminds me of a relationship that I struggled with for many years.

Los Ketchup because it reminds me of a Guy I once knew 3 years ago and I really did like him alot even though we didn't speak Much luckily it's not being played on Q 92 or Mix 96 Miss you JD and sorry for how I treated you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faith by George Michael. No bad memories or anything, it's Robert's x-wife's favorite song. I can't hear it without thinking of her and I don't want to think about her.

"Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel.

This was a big hit the time I had to move to PA for a year for work. The most miserable year of my life!

Faith by George Michael. No bad memories or anything, it's Robert's x-wife's favorite song. I can't hear it without thinking of her and I don't want to think about her.

what about the Limp Bizkit version

Anything by the Beatles

That is SO unbelievable to me. There is no way you've heard many of their songs.

I can't stand anything and everything by the Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones and Richard Marx.

Well.....Richard Marx I can understand but the rest......not a classic rock fan I guess.

Anything by the Beatles

That is SO unbelievable to me. There is no way you've heard many of their songs.

Growing up with 2 brothers that had all of their albums, I've heard all of their songs. I don't like the Beatles, never have and never will.

"In the Arms of an Angel" Sarah McLaghlin. Beautiful song, but too many bad memories. It was an ex g/f's favorite song and they played it at the funeral for another g/f.

Its one of my favourite songs. But I can understand that

""My heart will go on" - Man it was my Mothers favourite song.

I can't stand anything and everything by the Beatles, The Who, The Rolling Stones and Richard Marx.

Well.....Richard Marx I can understand but the rest......not a classic rock fan I guess.

Not really, but I do like Credence Clearwater Revival if that counts. I forgot to add another name to my list....Michael Bolton. I can't stand his music either.

Michael Bolton. I can't stand his music either.

I couldn't agree with you more!

Not even Michael Bolton Can stand his music, they pay people compensation and institutionalisation fees for buy/going to his concerts

I don't consider the Beatles "Classic Rock".

Led Zeplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, The Alman Brothers, CCR, BTO and the like are Classic Rock to me.

Led Zeplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Eagles, The Alman Brothers, CCR, BTO and the like are Classic Rock to me.

Curious.....not to drag this out but what music category would you put the Beatles in? Now I realize that you don't like them but try not to give me an answer like "garbage".......... :)

As for the other bands you mentioned here, we are in full agreement. I've seen each of these bands in concert!

Edited by Kor37

Curious.....not to drag this out but what music category would you put the Beatles in? Now I realize that you don't like them but try not to give me an answer like "garbage".......... :)

As for the other bands you mentioned here, we are in full agreement. I've seen each of these bands in concert!

Obviously their later music doesn't fit this category but mostly "Cotton Candy". In fact thats' where I came up with the name for the Cotton Candy Factory here on STF. The kind of stuff that's fluffy, sweet and melts in your mouth but has no substance. Taking their whole body of work in mind though, I'd just classify it as Pop or Rock. Not Classic Rock.

I listen to the local Classic Rock station here and they never play the Beatles. They play groups from that era (late 60's to late 70's) but I never hear the Beatles. I understand that Beatles fans consider them Classic Rock, I just don't. They're not even Rock n Roll, Rock n Roll was before their time.

VBG, so there hasn't been any rock and roll since the 60's? What have I been listening to all this time then?! :)

VBG, so there hasn't been any rock and roll since the 60's? What have I been listening to all this time then?! :)

Rock n Roll is a specific period from about 1956 to about 1961 or 1962. After that it's Rock. Some people still call it Rock n Roll but Rock n Roll was the late 50's. Elvis, Buddy Holly, Bill Haley, Little Richard, the Big Bopper, Fats Domino, Chuck Barry and the like. After that era it changed and became Rock. An offshoot of Rock n Roll but it had evolved by the early 60's and then morphed again.

To call the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith "Rock n Roll" would be like calling Britney Spears "Classic Rock".