Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

The Expanse

Okay in Fusion, Trip told a great story about a dance at Bayside Elementary School (which he attended) in Panama City. He also mentioned his brother.

Panama City is not in South Florida - it's in the panhandle. I hope Trip has a large family. Because he better still have that brother - and somebody is living in Ireland ) because it was his nephew's class that sent the pictures to Enterprise.

I mean they already melded Mayweather's sister and brother-in-law into a single character, his brother. See Fortunate Son and Horizon - Are these writers even awake.

Mabye he does have a big family. But he was protective of his little sister. And I'm sure the fact he couldn't protect her from this kinda hard for him.

So far, and especially after watching The Expanse, I've been really happy with Enterprise. But I do think that it would be a great idea for the writers to write and memorize some character biogrophies for the crew so that they will stop changing these kind of things. The writing isn't that bad, I mean they've come up with some great stories, they just need to do more research.

Maybe Trip's family moved from Panama City the year after he was too shy to ask Melissa Lyles to dance. The script never said that he only had a brother. Can't say as those particular nits bothered me whatsoever.

Maybe Trip's family moved from Panama City the year after he was too shy to ask Melissa Lyles to dance. The script never said that he only had a brother.  Can't say as those particular nits bothered me whatsoever.

I agree. The way Trip called his sister who died his "baby sister" implied to me that he might have an older sister or sisters as well.

With any tv show, the writers have a tendency to goof once in a while.  Get over it.

"Get over it" ? CJLP, I think that goes beyond expressing a difference of opinion. As for making goofs - yes everyone does; but if I made a goof like that at work I'd be called on the carpet so why shouldn't these people who make an incredible amount of money be held responsible for their errors. As moulinrouge points out - the difference in Trip's bio can be explained by the family moving. But I don't know how to explain Mayweather's statement in Fortunate Son that he left a sister and brother in law on the Horizon. And then on Horizon all of a sudden it's a brother not a sister and no other siblings.

The thing that angers me about the Enterprise writers is that there are the occasional eps where they come strong out of the gate and introduce a good problem and then have the crew solve it, then the story seems to take a backseat as they find a quick way to end..perhaps it has to do with time restraints.

I agree. The way Trip called his sister who died his "baby sister" implied to me that he might have an older sister or sisters as well

Exactly. Archer asked "older or younger?" I took that to mean, "Was it your older or younger sister who's living in Florida now?"--not that he didn't know Trip had sisters. I think fans have misinterpreted it to mean that Archer is completely unfamiliar with Trip's family, which really makes no sense.

Maybe Mayweather's siblings have moved to other cargo ships as they grew up and married.

The thing that angers me about the Enterprise writers is that there are the occasional eps where they come strong out of the gate and introduce a good problem and then have the crew solve it, then the story seems to take a backseat as they find a quick way to end..perhaps it has to do with time restraints.

This has been one of my biggest problems with Enterprise as well. There have been so many episodes that could have easily been 2-parters but insted they solve everything in less than 5 minutes. TNG and DS9 hardly ever had this problem. With both of those series' the episodes just seem to flow better.

This has been one of my biggest problems with Enterprise as well. There have been so many episodes that could have easily been 2-parters but insted they solve everything in less than 5 minutes. TNG and DS9 hardly ever had this problem. With both of those series' the episodes just seem to flow better.

I agree with both of you. I think that they do have too many quick endings.

I agree that we do not necessarily know where Trips family members would live now. Just because he went to school in Panama City does not mean that his family all stayed living there when they grew up. A lot of people relocate when they become adults, and we have no way of knowing how big his family is.

I agree that we do not necessarily know where Trips family members would live now.  Just because he went to school in Panama City does not mean that his family all stayed living there when they grew up.  A lot of people relocate when they become adults, and we have no way of knowing how big his family is.

True regarding adults, but during his conversation with Malcolm he said "over there is the movie theatre we went as kids." So in one episode he's a kid in Panama City and in this he's a kid in South Florida.

Okay in Fusion, Trip told a great story about a dance at Bayside Elementary School (which he attended) in Panama City.  He also mentioned his brother.

Panama City is not in South Florida - it's in the panhandle.  I hope Trip has a large family.  Because he better still have that brother - and somebody is living in Ireland ) because it was his nephew's class that sent the pictures to Enterprise.

I mean they already melded Mayweather's sister and brother-in-law into a single character, his brother.  See Fortunate Son and Horizon - Are these writers even awake.

:) :) Oh No! They are doing it again. The writers must have thier heads in the sand or something, because the last show (VOY) about half way though was a mess, too. :andorian: Now they are going to mess this up. :) When will they ever learn. :P They need to start these scripts a lot sooner than they have been. :drool::martok: Why do they wait to the last minute to write this stuff and hand it out????????? :borg2::theking: I'm confussed!!!!!

Maybe he lived in Panama City during fifth grade and then his family moved to southern Florida during the sixth grade. You worry too much.  :andorian:

I agree, we do not know that they lived in the same place the entire time that he was a kid. They could have moved several times for all we know.