Sign in to follow this  
Tina

South park

As i write this i am listening to the Cheif aid album..Great stuff

Anyway.yes those were good episodes.They opened this season with a weird one but this weeks" Die hippie die" episode was very funny

I'm watching the new South Park, It's really funny. Though they sure responded to that Terri Schaivo thing quickly enough. I don't know whether to find that even funnier or offensive :)

South Park can make a show in 10 days using Flash, and I use to live in South Park... it's a little living area in Port Orchard, Washington.

Judging from the previous 3 new episodes of this season I was starting to think they'd jumped the shark but last nights new one proved they still got the touch.

Yeah, I am a Matt and Trey fan through and through. Of course, how can you be a Trek fan and not like their stuff. They usually have some little Trek or Sci Fi addition in just about all the South Park episodes. In fact, they did a whole episode after "Dagger of the Mind" from the Original Series.

I am waiting in baited breath for the DVD of Team America, World Police to come out. I believe it is May 17th. I cannot wait.

Oh mY GOSH YEAH .Its true though what the hell is the deal with Walmart.They are like the borg! Resistance is Futile!

Sp is back with style..Those two are twisted!

(Hey Tater that you?...)

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

DAMN, I missed the latest episode. I heard it was one of the best too. I guess I will have to catch it in rerun over the weekend.

Yes South Park rocks. Haven't seen much of the lst couple seasons. I've got to start watching it again. Omigod! You've killed Kenny! you B******S! :wow: Mr Hanky. and the puppet of course are faves. On the edge a lot but so funny!

yeah Wing did suck ,so did Mr Garrisons sex change. But the last one HIT RIGHT ON THE MONEy

I really liked the B story about Mr. Marsh always disturbing the peace then not understanding why when he was arrested, something very close & familiar with that theme. :biggrin:

I couldn't stop laughing

People on the South Park board called Crap TV thought it sucked..Well i have news for them (not only am i pissed off because they were dissing my Phantom of the opera but they are stupid too :P)

I lovvvvvvvvvvvved it. It does not take much for me to laugh. I like subtle humor. Like Kyles cousin Kyle... Who i think is hilarious made an apearence

The Best of the BEst and Rocky references had me spitting out soda

and don't forget Batdad

South Park is amazing! I think my fave episode is the Lord of the Rings one LMAO! Ooo! And the one with Ms. Lopez (Don't be fooled by all my money, I still like to eat tacos, honey.)

Goddamn tree hugging hippies from holland :lol: ..we dont get the new season till august,right now we are getting re-runs from season 3 & 4....CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!!! :dude:

I just saw the Synopsis of this weeks episode

:wow:

Its called: The death of Eric Cartman

Rejoice dear South Park fans, they are having six hours of South Park tonight to help bring in the new year!! I'm a big South Park fan, scroll up on page 2 to see my two favorite episodes! The episodes tonight are going to be

10 pm - Chef Aid

10:30 pm - Timmy 2000

11 pm - Something You Can Do With Your Finger

11:30 pm - Fat Butt and Pancake Head

12 am- Christian Rock Hard

12:30 am - You Got...

1 am to 3 am - South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut

3 am to 4 am - Do the Handicapped Go To Hell?

In fact, they did a whole episode after "Dagger of the Mind" from the Original Series.

I have sadly not seen that episode, what was the name of the episode? I'm gonna be looking for that one if it comes on TV again!

here are a lot of the references made to Trek in South Park

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Damien

During the Jesus vs. Satan fight, Stan tries to encourage Jesus:

Stan: You know – somebody once said: "Don't try to be a great man, just be a man."

Jesus: Who said that?

Stan: You did, Jesus.

Jesus: You're right Stan! Thank you boys!

Kyle: Wow, did he say that in the Bible?

Stan: No, I saw it on Star Trek.

This exchange paraphrases a discussion William Riker and Zefram Cochrane have in Star Trek: First Contact, where Riker attributes the quote to Cochrane.

Conjoined Fetus Lady

When Chef's dreams for the South Park Cows dodge-ball team start to get out of hand Cartman says "So, Captain Ahab has to get his whale, huh?" This is very similar to a line from Star Trek: First Contact, where Lily Sloane says "Captain Ahab has to hunt his whale" to Jean-Luc Picard when he is blinded by his hatred of the Borg. However, as the Star Trek reference was in turn a reference to Moby-Richard, the connection is somewhat ambiguous.

City on the Edge of Forever (a.k.a. Flashbacks)

The title of this episode is the same as that of the classic ST:TOS episode City on the Edge of Forever.

Sitting in a bus balancing on the edge of a cliff, a kid wearing a red shirt with a starfleet emblem decides to leave the bus and take his chances outside. Soon a big black scary monster comes out from behind a tree and eats him. This is obviously in reference to the habit of killing the extras in Star Trek: The Original Series who, being security officers, wore red shirts.

Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls

As the festival director grabs Mr. Hankey and throws him into the wall he says "I... have had enough... of you!". This is a reference to a scene from Star Trek III: The Search for Spock where Kirk shouts the same thing to Kruge. See also South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut in which the very same reference is made.

Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods

This episode is a takeoff on the ST:TOS episode Dagger of the Mind. A few things are especially noteworthy:

The name of the planetarium is the "Tantalus V Planetarium." Tantalus V is the name of the planet in Dagger of the Mind.

The planetarium staff uniforms are identical to those in Dagger of the Mind, right down to the emblem.

The planetarium staffer gone mad is named Van Gelder, as in the Star Trek episode.

Above the door to the planetarium is written "Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!", which is Latin for "Bring me up, Scotsman!" (source: TV Tome) This is an attempt to write "Beam me up, Scotty!"

The counselor performs a mind meld on Van Gelder (who is a kid in the parody), just like Spock does on Van Gelder in the original episode.

At the end of the episode Kyle says to Stan: "Can you imagine it, Stan, a mind emptied by that thing?". In "Dagger of the Mind", Kirk says "Can you imagine a mind, emptied by that thing?"

Spooky Fish

The Cartman, Stan and Kyle from a parallel universe all have goatees. This is in reference to the ST:TOS episode Mirror, Mirror, where Mr. Spock's evil counterpart has a goatee. While Stan and Kyle's counterparts are evil, the Cartman from the parallel universe is good. The vertical line satirizes movie attempts to use one actor for two characters by (badly) splicing two pieces of film together. Though this could also be a reference to the technique used in The Patty Duke Show.

Worldwide Recorder Concert (aka The Brown Noise)

When Ms. Crabtree asks which way to go, Mr. Garrison replies: "Second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning." This line is from the end of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, which in turn paraphrases Peter Pan (see references in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country). The bus drives off into the night and disappears in a flash at the horizon, similar to a starship disappearing at warp speed.

Spontaneous Combustion

Stan tries to encourage his dad (Randy):

Stan: Right as Jesus was dying he raised his hand and said "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." (As Stan says this he makes the vulcan salute with his hand.)

Randy: You're right Stanley, you're absolutely right. Hey, that Bible sounds like kind of a good book.

Stan: It ain't bad. You should try reading it some time.

Kyle: Dude, that was Star Trek again! "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." – that was Wrath of Khan!

Stan: Oh – Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?

Hooked on Monkey Fonics

The discussion Kyle has with Rebecca (the homeschooled girl) in her dad's garden closely matches and parodies the discussion Kirk has with Shahna (his drill thrall) in the ST:TOS episode The Gamesters of Triskelion.

Starvin' Marvin in Space!

The Marklars look quite similar to the Talosians from the original Star Trek pilot episode The Cage.

The planet Marklar is in the galaxy Alpha Ceti VI. Ceti Alpha VI is a planet from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

The bridge of the CBC ship looks a lot like that of the USS Enterprise.

Several Star Trek sound effects can be heard.

Star Trek jargon is used and parodied with the mention of photon torpedoes, deflector shields, tractor beam, negative ionic tractor distruptor, etc.

Contorting Quintuplets 2000

When the circus starts, Eric says "well captain we've reached fag factor five" this is a reference to the many warp speeds achieved in the star trek universe.

Something You Can Do With Your Finger (a.k.a. Fingerbang)

Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny start a boy band, but Randy (Stan's dad, who was in a boy band when he was younger) doesn't want him to have anything to do with it.

Stan: I don't understand, just let me go do this one thing and I won't...

Randy: No! Nooo! (smashes the glass of a cupboard)

Randy's line is from Star Trek: First Contact where Captain Picard smashes a glass cabinet when confronted by Lily about his hatred of the Borg. Randy's voice and the sound of breaking glass are taken directly from the movie.

4th Grade

The two college guys that are going to help the children build a time machine are wearing T-shirts with the print "Resistance is futile!" and "Yeah, resistance is futile!" respectively.

One of them explains that "When it comes to time travel theory there are basically two schools of thought. The Spock theory is that a slingshot around the sun could create a wormhole in which time could not escape. The Lt. Cmdr. Data theory however is that a magnetic vibration could create a rip in the time-space continuum." Mr. Spock's theory is presented and used in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. The time machine built with Timmy's wheel chair employs Data's theory.

The other guy states that "Time travel is no laughing matter. Four times the Enterprise traveled back in time and four times they almost didn't make it back." The Enterprise crew travels back in time in The Naked Time, Tomorrow is Yesterday, Assignment: Earth and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

The two college guys stop speaking after fighting about whether there were 72 or 73 original Star Trek episodes. The disagreement stems from the question if the two-parter The Menagerie should count as one or two episodes. The actual number of episodes was 78, 79, or 80, depending on how you count.

Stan manages to convince one of the college kids to make up with his friend by suggesting they build a time machine to go back in time and ask Gene Roddenberry how many episodes there were.

Trapper Keeper

"Bill Cosby" calls humans "humons", just like the Ferengi do.

At one point the Trapper Keeper, being somewhat similar to Borg technology, says "We are Trapper Keeper. We are one."

The overall tone of this episode is spoofing The Terminator series and an anime called Akira (the large mass that Cartman morphs into with Trapper Keeper is from Akira), and a short scene from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Wacky Molestation Adventure

The kids take over South Park, and Cartman becomes the mayor. There are no adults around except for some unfortunate travellers. The town is all torn apart and the kids are filthy and travel in groups chanting "nyah nyah nyah nyah!" This is just like "Miri", episode 11 of season 1 in The Original Series. Kirk beams down with an away team to a planet identical to Earth finding only children and dilaphidated buildings. The children scurry around chanting the same things. Also all of the away team's communicators are stolen and they have no means of communication with the ship for computer data. No one can go on or leave the planet until they find a cure for a disease making the communicators vital. The unfortunate travellers in South Park were looking for a working phone, the male gives a speech with all the children gathered around in the same manner Kirk did. Even the music in South Park is of similar style and goes a note short of playing the Star Trek theme.

Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants

When the military is inspecting Stan's big brown package from Afghanistan, an original series tricorder is used to scan it.

Here Comes the Neighborhood

The kids are playing and make fun of Token for bringing a DVD of The Lion King (nobody has a DVD-player because they're too expensive). Cartman says "Oh, well let me take this disc up to the Enterprise and see if Captain Kirk can decrypt it."

Freak Strike

Stan, Kyle, and Cartman want to send Butters to a talk show/freak show, and need to attach balls to his chin. Cartman suggests that they ask the "Star Trek dorks down the street", who agree to attach balls to Butters chin in exchange for a special version of Star Wars: Episode I.

Following the freaks' sabotage of Maury's broadcast, a man in a blue uniform (such as those worn by science officers on the original Star Trek) looks into a viewer much like that used on the bridge of the Enterprise by Mr. Spock and reports that the ratings are falling.

Fun With Veal

During negotiations with the police, Cartman demands a semi-truck for the calves, driven by Michael Dorn in full Worf makeup. Cartman calls him Mr. Worf and makes him call him Captain. Dorn's character was voiced by Trey Parker, although the real Michael Dorn remarked in a later interview that he was a fan of South Park, and he wished they'd asked him to do a cameo.

A Ladder to Heaven

After breaking into the McCormick's house, Cartman (checking for robot guards) waves something that looks like a tricorder around while making a high pitch whirring sound.

The Passion of the Jew

In the beginning of the episode the kids are playing Star Trek away team in a minivan, pretending it is a shuttlecraft which lands on the planet Omega 9. They are all dressed in Starfleet-style uniforms and Kyle is role-playing as a Vulcan.

Later in the episode, a crazed Mel Gibson can be heard yelling "Qa'Pla", the Klingon word for success.

Pre-School

The teacher who was burned due to the kids' actions in preschool gets around in a futuristic wheelchair. The chair's front panel lights up and beeps once if the teacher wants to say "yes" and twice if she wants to say "no." This is taken directly from the TOS episode "The Menagerie", where Captain Christopher Pike uses such a chair.

Follow That Egg

Near the end of the episode when Kyle asks Stan if he really hates his hat, Stan replies, "As a matter of fact, I think it is the nicest hat I have ever known." This paraphrases Captain Picard's apology to Worf in Star Trek: First Contact: "As a matter of fact, I think you are the bravest man I have ever known."

I don't watch it.

The show's use of Christ is insulting to me as a Christian.

I don't watch it.

Well that was their goal. And me as one who doesn't believe in religion finds it hilarious :wink2:

I don't watch it.

Well that was their goal. And me as one who doesn't believe in religion finds it hilarious :wink2:

I love you too, sweetheart. B)

Wow, first Tinadoll and now you. It must be my bleached hair... B)

But in all seriousness I mean no offense, but I still love the show. I'm watching the movie on Comedy Central right now! B)