Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Patrick Stewart Going Public With His New GF

from an article on the net, the link to this article can be found at www.trekweb.com :unsure:

Star Trek veteran Patrick Stewart, 69, has finally gone public with his relationship with 25-year-old actress Lisa Dillon.

The man who became a household name portraying Enterprise captain Jean Luc Picard has been inseparable from Lisa since the end of his second marriage just over a year ago. But, apparently concerned about the reaction to the 39-year age gap, the pair have kept their love under wraps until now.

As they joined other guests, including the Queen, at the London premiere of Ladies In Lavender, they had obviously decided it was time to go public, however, posing hand in hand on the red carpet.

The couple met when then-recent RADA graduate Lisa appeared opposite Patrick in Ibsen’s sexually charged work The Master Builder, about a man who falls in love with a girl young enough to be his grand-daughter. At the time both were in separate relationships, but in October last year Patrick left his wife of three years, TV presenter Wendy Neuss, and Lisa broke off with her boyfriend.

The two have lived together in a £1.2-million apartment overlooking Tower Bridge ever since.

Speaking recently, Lisa said: “Patrick is a brilliant, wonderful, gorgeous man. Some think the difference in our ages says something about him, or us, or me. But to us it’s never been an obstacle.”

Guest Ktrek

In case you're curious what this 25 year old woman looks like here is a pic:

dil.jpg

Kevin

Yepp. So what ELSE is new? :unsure: Good Luck to them. Love is so hard to find. Some people are lucky and find it and keep it for a lifetime. Other people have a hard time finding it, some people Never find it. Who are we to judge anyone. We ALL need love. if they are both happy and getting something from the relationship it's really no one's business.

I just listened to them talking about this on the radio. Everyone was laughing and saying the only thing she wants from him is the "Cha-Ching". Poor deluded Patrick. :unsure: She'll move on eventually, I'm sure. I still respect the man though. He can't help how old he is, no one can.

While I highly respect Patrick as an actor, I fear this is a case of "actor gets so into his character he falls in love with the person who plays opposite of him." :unsure:

I wish the two of them the best of luck in their relationship, however, I think:

1) Pat hasn't exactly had a good track record with women, so this will probaby come to an end when he meets a new young actress on the set of his next theater production.

2) She is most likely involved with him to further her career.

For his sake, I hope I am wrong on both counts. :blink:

1) Pat hasn't exactly had a good track record with women, so this will probaby come to an end when he meets a new young actress on the set of his next theater production.

279808[/snapback]

Why do you say that? He was married to his first wife for over 20 years and he and Wendy Neuss were together for about 10.

I didn't realize their relationship was "secret". I didn't know her name but I saw pictures of the two of them together at the BAFTA Awards in February, 2004. At the site where I saw the pictures, she was listed as his guest but then she was also listed as "guest" for the Ladies in Lavender event.

I wish him good luck, but it always turns out that the younger one will find someone else.

Why do you say that? He was married to his first wife for over 20 years and he and Wendy Neuss were together for about 10.

Well, twice divorced isn't what I would call a good track record. Of course, I don't know enough to really judge, hence the comments that I hope I'm wrong.

I would never wish heartbreak on anyone. I truly hope they have a long and happy relationship.

May-December relationships can work - look at Jimmy Doohan and his wife. They've been married forever, and she's way younger than he is. I don't usually have a problem with differences in ages, but it definitely can be difficult. I wish them the best, at least that no one gets hurt...

Well, twice divorced isn't what I would call a good track record. Of course, I don't know enough to really judge, hence the comments that I hope I'm wrong.

I would never wish heartbreak on anyone. I truly hope they have a long and happy relationship.

280078[/snapback]

I could handle twice divorced after long marriages/relationships track record. If I were her though my main concern would be the fact that he has left two marriages now to be with a younger woman. I'm not judging them. I'm just saying that I don't think I would get involved with someone with that type of track record personally.

While I highly respect Patrick as an actor, I fear this is a case of "actor gets so into his character he falls in love with the person who plays opposite of him."  :unsure:

279808[/snapback]

I totally agree with you on this one, especially since that article described the play they did together as "sexually charged". I know some relationships that start that way do last but, from what I can tell, the vast majority end within a couple years.

I wish them both many years of happiness.

280283[/snapback]

I agree, whatever floats their boats; it's not my place to judge them...

I wish them the best of luck but it's their business whatever happens, it's a shame they have to hide these things so the papers won't be all over them.