Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Star Trek technology

Which piece of minor Star Trek technology would you like to see become a reality?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which piece of minor Star Trek technology would you like to see become a reality?

• Transporters
    • Replicators
    • Holodecks
    • Hypo-sprays
    • Tricorders
    • Phasers

I was stuch between phasors and transporters. But i chose phasors because i can shoot every one who gets on my nerves and there would be no evidence of it.(set on max level)

:laugh:

Replicators--

I don't like to cook or have the time, so to be able to tell machine I want Chicken Marsalla (or anything else) and it would be prepared for me would be great!

Chicken Marsalla? Come to my house, dear. I make a killer one!!!!!! :laugh:

I want the transporters. I want to be able to get to Vagas easy next year and for all of you all to be able to go too.

Plus, if my good friend in Canada needed something, pop! i could go there and make her get off the computer so we could walk together and get it! :dude:

Love you Takara! :huh: B)

The Star Trek technology I would like to see become a reality are as follows: :dude:

1.Hypo-Sprays

2.Replicators

3.Transporters

4.Tricorders

5.Holodecks

I don't think the world would be ready for phasers. People would misuse them.

Some people would misuse the technology I have listed above. Every type of star trek technology listed above will be useful to everyone ALL over the world right now and in the near future. :laugh:

I choose transporters for one reason: they would be most benificial to our planet and our productivity. We would not need cars; therefore, we would not waste irreplacable oil, we would not polute nearly as much, we would not need to waste space with roads or even elevators (I'd still like to see stairs and hallways tho... I like exercise). There would be less noise outside, there would be room for grass in cities, Police and Firemen could get to an emergency in a flash (pun not intended) Heck we could even beam ourselves to the space station making shuttles useless and space travel possible for anyone. Furthermore, since Holodecks are based on the transporter we might even be able to make one of those... then if Quark could finally get that holographic image of Kira... jk. I think you see my point though. And I'm sure I missed many of the positive reasons for having them. I'm sure there are negatives ones too, but I think in the end they would FAR outway the positve.

Well they all would be great.

Transporter-No more late trains and no need to get up early to go to out. Just arrive anywhere in the world in a matter of seconds.

Repicators-No need to cook!

Hyprospray-No ingections, but there already working on that and there working on tricorders.

Holodeck would be the best, much better than a video game, but where would I stick it my house. I'd have to buy a year pass at Quarks. :laugh:

it would most assuredly have to be the HOLODECK. it would be so great to be able to program anything you want and be able to go experience it. from going around daytona in a 700 horse nascar, to flying mach 2 plus in a raptor, to doing some awsome motocross freestyle, launching into space, freeclimbing the highest mountains, top fuel funny car drags, to superbike racing, to skydiving, and anything else extreme. wow, what a great thing that would be. :)

both transporters and holodecks. those would do wonders for both the practical world, and the entertainment world. and replicators. we could help stop world hunger.

You know,I was reading an article about a proto-type tricorder developed by a company for use in geology (or a similar science),a few weeks ago.Hmmm..Isn't it funny how when you want to recall a bit of trivia like this,your mind goes blank? :saintdevil:

I'll try and recall where I saw that piece.It may have been in the science & tech section of the sunday Fresno Bee. :unsure:

Anyhoo,what I remember is that this prototype tricorder was capable of taking various types of measurements of gasses,liquids(moisture),and other elements present in rock and soil samples. :thumbs:

Replicators.

We could solve world hunger and clothe the needy overnight!

Transporters would also be wonderful.Imagine transporting vital medecines across the oceans or continents to areas of the world that very badly need them.

Unfortunately,we all know that any of these technologies would be perveted by the military toward their own ends.

Stardate:213871.7

Well we already have hyposprays and tricorders.Also we technicly have a prototype for the replicator so i would choose holoddeck

Transporters would be a must because they could take you were you'd like and you wouldn't have to take your car out just to sit in traffic. A downfall to a transporter would be that crooks would transport goods that they have stolen from someone's home,car and / or store. :)

There is a good side to creating a transporter: medicines and food can be transported to hard to reach areas. :)

It's a a tough choice but I voted Holodeck. It just would be incredible to live any moment in time that I wanted or create any scenario.

Gotta be transporters, they would solve so many problems.

A downfall to a transporter would be that crooks would transport goods that they have stolen from someone's home,car and / or store. <_<

I never thought of that, I wonder how the problem of theft would be addressed, probably with needing a permit to use one and keeping precise (unalterable) transport loggs.

Well in star trek they are called transporters, but the real name is teleporter. It's also more practical!

For example: "I'm going to transport something to somewhere"

Does that mean "I'm going to beam something to somewhere"

or does it mean "I'm going to ship something to somewhere by car" etc.

But I would think a trekkie would say "transporter"

Holodecks would be really cool just put in the program and

off you go any where you like or anything you like ;)

Holodeck.

The possibilties are endless. history, adventure, live it not play or read it.

And so much more.

Well I'd want a replicator, it is based on transporter technology, and holographic technology, so you could develope those afterwards. Then there is the notion of better division of wealth, due to the fact you can replicate anything so the cost of living would fall to almost nothing. Then again it could make it easier to have war, but if everyone had the same technology it would make people fear going to war.

tie between replicator, transporter, and holodeck.....

Quantum torpedoes... yes!!!!!!