Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Name your ship

H.M.S INTREPID NCC 0001 B)

Class: Battle class destroyer

lenth : 775m

Crew: 950

Arm :5 Quatum torpedo launchers 15 Phaser banks,1st and secondery shields

Here is what i would like it to look like...

Click For Spoiler
Edited by hangon

My own personal design.

Starship Enterprise NCC 1701-(F)alcon

Revolution Class.

Both Stardrive and Saucer sections capable of high warp with the MVAM system.

Fore and Aft

StarshipEnterpriseD.jpg

Ventral

StarshipEnterpriseC.jpg

Side

StarshipEnterpriseB.jpg

Dorsal

StarshipEnterpriseA.jpg

Edited by The King

Guest Mike_Hines01

U.S.S Leviathan NCC 85034 - NX Variant.

Well, I have compiled a list of 300 starship names for my fleet. I'm not kidding. They're mostly named after famous Canadians, Canadian cities/provinces, sports teams and animals. I really can't pick favourites but my ship is the U.S.S. Toronto. Sovereign Class. NCC-78313 (no significance). Although its way too long I would some part of this speech in my dedication plaque:

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

-President Thomas J. Whitmore, Indepedence Day

I just really love that quote.

H.M.S INTREPID NCC 0001 B)

Click For Spoiler
e5-images.jpg

285786[/snapback]

That's a big destroyer. Destroyers are normally smaller than cruisers (except in Star Wars) anywho, I'd choose a name like Enterprise, though I have served in RPGs on two different ships: USS Shiloh (Commanded by my loving husband, Commodore James Millenhiem) and USS Eros (Same RPG, Flagship of the TF the Shiloh is assigned to.) here's a picture, frontal only, of the Shiloh next to the Eros.

Picture:

Click For Spoiler
p235305.jpg

(spoiler added)

Edited by Alterego

I'd go with Shiloh. or Georgia. Currently, in the sim I am in with Julie, I play Commodore James Millenhiem, Executive Officer of the USS Eros Task Force under command of Fleet Admiral Amanda Bannach, and I command USS Shiloh (the ship on the left in Julie's picture)

USS Vanguard

federation cube prototype (from borg specs)

NX-1701

Multiadaptive primary, secondary, and tertiary shielding

40 quantum torpedo launchers (rapid fire)

10 transphasic torpedo launchers (rapid fire)

100 phaser banks with phase adaption capability

2 fore and 2 aft pulse phaser cannons

Adaptive ablative armor (bi-layer with buckyball with phase generator)

H.M.S INTREPID NCC 0001 :dude:

Click For Spoiler

285786[/snapback]

That's a big destroyer. Destroyers are normally smaller than cruisers (except in Star Wars) anywho, I'd choose a name like Enterprise, though I have served in RPGs on two different ships: USS Shiloh (Commanded by my loving husband, Commodore James Millenhiem) and USS Eros (Same RPG, Flagship of the TF the Shiloh is assigned to.) here's a picture, frontal only, of the Shiloh next to the Eros.

Picture:

Click For Spoiler

(spoiler added)

285882[/snapback]

Yep it is a big destroyer but thats the whole point i dont want some romulan to out gun my ship or a klingon bird of pray taking me out with just a few torpedo's :dude:

Here's my rendition of the Cascade class Federation ship that I made up.

cascade.jpg

DON'T LAUGH AT ME! Curse my Paint drawing skills!

hey, Seatrooper, I'm guessing the saucer is at the Stern? If not, the Buzzard collectors are on the wrong end. they don't do much good facing aft.

Hey, hang, that's why I designed the Shiloh to be a Battlecruiser. it has probably the same number of weapons as a Romulan Valdore class warbird.

hey, Seatrooper, I'm guessing the saucer is at the Stern? If not, the Buzzard collectors are on the wrong end. they don't do much good facing aft.

289803[/snapback]

The Buzzard Collectors? They won't? Sorry I'm not very knowledgeable in such things.

Hey, hang, that's why I designed the Shiloh to be a Battlecruiser. it has probably the same number of weapons as a Romulan Valdore class warbird.

289803[/snapback]

Aha good thinking i thought i would just go with brute size and sheer power for my first proto type destroyer,i would add a stolen cloaking device but the power cost for such a large ship would enormous :dude:

Well, to add some variation in here I'll post. My ship would be Intrepid class, armed to Bravofleet standards. The U.S.S Minor NCC-74658; commanded by Captain James Connor Anderson II. Of course, some of the shuttles I designed would have to be included in the shuttlebay. :biggrin:

Oh yes, I for got to add something. Hangon, your ship looks very similar to a Steamrunner class starship. Just thought I'd bring it up.

I like the Steamrunner Class.

It was a nice departure from the traditional Federation design.

But I think the Intrepid Class is the best Federation design ever seen in Trek.

I love it. :biggrin: <_<

With a couple of modifications to the design, it's as close to perfect as a ship can be IMO.

Oh yes, I for got to add something. Hangon, your ship looks very similar to a Steamrunner class starship. Just thought I'd bring it up.

290004[/snapback]

Oh really well i had no idea i just pulled the best looking pic i could find and used that..not all of us are good at drawing.

I would name a galaxy class starship after a Nigerian research mathematician:

either the USS Olubummo or the USS Kuku. (Hopefully I spelled those names right).

U.S.S EXCALIBUR NCC-1701

-----------------------------------

Named after King Arthurs sword.

:clap:  :roflmao:  :yahoo:  :dude:

279568[/snapback]

The U.S.S EXCALIBUR is actually a ship already. Although not cannon, It has been of at least four different designs. That aside, the call numbers could not be NCC-1701, since those are the Enterprise's and each ship has it's own unique number.

U.S.S EXCALIBUR NCC-1701

-----------------------------------

Named after King Arthurs sword.

:yahoo:  :clap:  :bow:  :hug:

279568[/snapback]

The U.S.S EXCALIBUR is actually a ship already. Although not cannon, It has been of at least four different designs. That aside, the call numbers could not be NCC-1701, since those are the Enterprise's and each ship has it's own unique number.

342089[/snapback]

This is a fantasy thread; people can have whatever name and registry they want. :wink2:

Besides, the most recent canon example of the Excalibur was the Ambassador-Class seen in "Redemption" (if I remember right). :roflmao:

I also really like the name Excalibur. I'd probably go with that, Excelsior, or USS Tinagra... or Cherokee...

Too many choices... :dude:

My ship would be called:

The R.S.S. SQUAREPEG

The "RSS" stands for Rogue Star Ship. It would be a Blue Tactical Borg Cube where the entire crew has managed to become individuals and broken free of the collective. We'd tool around the galaxy looking for fun, action, excitement, and we'd share Borg technology that was of a medical nature whenever possible. Eventually we'd find our way to the Beta Quadrant, teach the Cardassians to behave themselves once and for all, enter the wormhole, and see what we could do to improve things in the Gamma Quadrant.

Starship names....hmmm, ok.

U.S Grant (kinda obvious reasons for those who know me well enough, he is an ancestor of mine)

Atalanta - from Greek myth

Jarnsaxa (or Iarnsaxa) - from Scandinavian myth

Heimdall - Scandinavian

Mundilfari - Scandinavian

Tisiphone - Gk. myth

Aoife - from Celtic/Irish myth

Badb - from Irish myth

Medb (or Maeve) - Same source as above

Sekhmet

Selket

Thoth

Ptah- these last four are all from Egyptian myth

I know a lot of these are mythological based, but I still like them and the stories behind many of them :flowers: