Sign in to follow this  
Abakai2003

You all Have cool names

This won't be as interesting as some other ppl's screen names. Do you rememver the song 'No Diggity' by Blackstreet? When that song came out I was in love with it :force: to the point where my friends called me Digs. The J is from my first name Jesse. I didn't even think to make it more Star Treky..I just wanted on pronto!

Half of my name comes from Star Trek and half of it comes from Pokémon. It's actually quite interesting, now that I think about it, because both shows helped me through rough spots in my life.

I've always liked bees. It stems from a gift given to me by my grandparents when I was about four. It was a little stuffed bee puppet. I named him Peter and now he's all worn out with drooping antennae and holes in his wings. But I still love him! And Pokémon used to be a favorite show of mine. Beedrill, of course, was my favorite Pokémon because it's a bee. I adopted that name a while ago, and it's stayed with me ever since.

I chose to put the ensign in, because now my favorite show is Star Trek in any of its incarnations. And I just love the ensigns. They're awesome. I feel sorry for them because they're often the ones who die without anybody really caring. They do all of the hard work around the ships. They do the work that nobody else would do. And I think that kind of reflects me. Wesley, Kim, Chekov, and Travis all have two things in common. They're all ensigns, and, for the most part, people don't like them. Even though they are main characters, they're still disliked and underrated. And I really feel sorry for them, because they're all so sweet and I love them all. I chose ensign because they are all heroic and courageous. They do their jobs without anyone showing much gratitude. They die without much mourning. And they seem to be hated by all, even though they're sweet, hard working people. And despite all this, they continue to work hard. I choose not to be a captain. I choose to be an ensign.

(Sorry, about that folks. I sorta' went off on a tangent, didn't I?)

(Sorry, about that folks.  I sorta' went off on a tangent, didn't I?)

Its ok ensign_ Beedrill.gif It fully helps everyone understand your screenname choice.

note: :) could not resist that...lol. :force:

I originally came here to be a pest (Sorry guys!) I was a little mad about what was going on here. So I chose a classic villian. On most other message boards I'm known as jschmitty Needless to say my opinions have changed.

Stardate:213704.5

Im a little curious what was it that was going on that you were mad at????

I originally came here to be a pest (Sorry guys!) I was a little mad about what was going on here. So I chose a classic villian. On most other message boards I'm known as jschmitty Needless to say my opinions have changed.

Stardate:213704.5

Im a little curious what was it that was going on that you were mad at????

I'm curious to know as well.

:force:

Even though they are main characters, they're still disliked and underrated.  And I really feel sorry for them, because they're all so sweet and I love them all.  I chose ensign because they are all heroic and courageous.  They do their jobs without anyone showing much gratitude.  They die without much mourning.  And they seem to be hated by all, even though they're sweet, hard working people.  And despite all this, they continue to work hard.  I choose not to be a captain.  I choose to be an ensign.

(Sorry, about that folks.  I sorta' went off on a tangent, didn't I?)

Goodness, I know a lot of people didn't like Wesley but that was a little different - that started before he was an ensign. I really thought Chekov was one of the more popular characters of TOS and Kirk mourned the loss of any of his crew. I think they all did but he showed it a lot.

In fact, as I stated elsewhere, one of my favorite TNG episodes was the one about the ensigns that ended with the death of the young Bajoran ensign. Many crew members suffered a profound loss with her death.

Harry Kim should have gotten a promotion during those seven years but Harry was definitely one of my favorites and looking at it he was probably one of the more visible ensigns of the franchise.

Anyway, just wanted to say a lot of people do like ensigns.

That is awesome that you like ensigns! I didn't mean to come across as nobody likes ensigns, though that's probably what it sounded like. I've just heard a lot of opinions to the contrary. I'm sure a lot of people like people like Kim and Chekov. I've just heard a lot of people say they don't like them and then they don't give any reasons. *shrugs* I, too, liked that episode that ended with the Bajoran ensign's death. It was so sad. But just to point out... they don't do that for everyone. Or if they do, I've never heard them. But I like episodes that focus around non-main characters. It really gives a view of what goes on "behind the scenes," so to speak. It's not that they don't get recognition from their crew, I'm sure they do. They just don't get much recognition from us, the fans.

could not resist that...lol.

Haha, Yillara. You might just be the only other one here who actually knows what a Beedrill is. Any other Pokémon fans out there?

Enterprise spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Needless to say, I loved the bug Xindi! Edited by ensign_beedrill

When I first came to STF I was soong_girl (my screen name at st.com) because every other Data context name I could think of was taken there. After a little while though I decided I wanted to have a first name so I did a search at a baby names website to find a name I liked that meant beloved (like Lal) and I found Takara which is Japanese for beloved jewel.

I love Beavis and Butthead and have every last episode taped,including the movie.I watch some of the episodes every single day.I'm still hoping that they'll catch on again and make a comeback.I love those two kids!I use Beavis as my user name at a majority of the sites I've ever posted at.When i can have an avatar of my own choosing,I use him,too.Probably because we're both blondes...or at least,i used to be before mother nature decided she wanted her hair back....

That is awesome that you like ensigns! I didn't mean to come across as nobody likes ensigns, though that's probably what it sounded like. I've just heard a lot of opinions to the contrary. I'm sure a lot of people like people like Kim and Chekov. I've just heard a lot of people say they don't like them and then they don't give any reasons. *shrugs* I, too, liked that episode that ended with the Bajoran ensign's death. It was so sad. But just to point out... they don't do that for everyone. Or if they do, I've never heard them. But I like episodes that focus around non-main characters. It really gives a view of what goes on "behind the scenes," so to speak. It's not that they don't get recognition from their crew, I'm sure they do. They just don't get much recognition from us, the fans.

could not resist that...lol.

Haha, Yillara. You might just be the only other one here who actually knows what a Beedrill is. Any other Pokémon fans out there?

Enterprise spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

Needless to say, I loved the bug Xindi!

Stardate:213704.9

I never did like the show "Pokemon"but i loved the cards!!They were a real Money Maker!!!!!.I had a lot of very good caards and i played people for money and wona majority of the time.When the cards started to become unpopular and started to die i sold them and made alot of money off of that.Total i made anywere's from $600-$900 of pure profit!!!!!!!!

well, ladys and gentlemen......heres my life story:

it was a plesant Sunday afternoon, January 12 2003 (if i recall) when i received the sound notifying me of a new email thanks to the Hotmail SMS service. I quickly connected to the internet and some "random" had e-mailed me about my site, instead of using "To Whom It May Concern" he used "To Trekzone".

This name was just a random to me, until i got another email from 12 other "randoms" calling me trekzone. So on August 03 2003, when it came to signing up to STF i was left with a dificult choice, after some vicious encounters with not nice people in chat rooms with "Matthew Miller" i just used "trekzone", as i did not know the cool people here. Now, over one month later i have over 280 posts under my belt and i see no end.

Anyway, thats my life story (and my longest post)!

P.S. - Matthew Miller is my real name!

well i am a volunteer firefighter, and was a captain, so i used cpt and my last name wright. not so original, but all other initial versions of my name were taken other places so i just pretty much use cptwright now anywhere i go, sometimes with 71, or 1971 after it. i was thinking Mr Wright Now, but nah, lol.

well i am a volunteer firefighter, and was a captain, so i used cpt and my last name wright. not so original, but all other initial versions of my name were taken other places so i just pretty much use cptwright now anywhere i go, sometimes with 71, or 1971 after it. i was thinking Mr Wright Now, but nah, lol.

bearded ape comes from the idea we evolved from apes. when i first really tryied to think about this in the philosopihcal sense, i just thought of a chimp with a huge braided beard. go figure.

It's so great all the background stories of your user names. :o :bow:

I hope you enjoy reading about the other guys here as much as I do.

Please don't stop posting...

So I decided to visit a German Star Trek message board on the internet. I did so, and as I looked through the user names to find a suitable one for myself, I saw a user called "Mrs.Kirk". And I thought: Mrs.Kirk sounds good, what about calling myself Mrs.Picard?  :eek: 

I am known under this name at every message board I am posting at  B) (and I was surprised to find "mrskirk" here, too  B) ).

Mrs. Captain Picard  :wow:

Wow!! I inspired someone? Kewl. Thanks Mrs P!!! Anyway, my user name is pretty much the answer to all my dreams. Sure, he's gone for years at a time, but that makes the reunions all the sweeter!

My name came from the television series 24, obviously. I love that show and so when I signed up here I decided to use Jack Bauer because I admire his determination. Plus, since watching 24, Kiefer Sutherland has become my favourite actor (Man, I hope he wins the Emmy tonight!). Also, for anyone who used to post at the old Startrek.com boards, I was lt_cmdr_laforge because Geordi is my favourite character.

I am an apothecary from the planet Akaali. My people have suffered a terrible disease caused by the mining operations of Garos and the Malurians. Some kind people from the planet Earth helped rid our world of the Malurians and their devastation to our environment. Ah, the knowledge and technology these people hold. I have seen a glimpse of my people's distant future...to be able to travel amongst the stars...

I have to admit, I was quite taken by the men from Earth, especially the one named Jon... B)