Sign in to follow this  
Abakai2003

You all Have cool names

I do a lot of fishing........A common saying among fishermen/women when they see somone's fishing pole bend is to yell out...."Got A Bite?".................GOTABITE is also on the license tag of my car. :clap:

I believe that everyone knows what my username means! B) I choosed it because I am really BORG CRAZY!!! :) :) :lol: And I use this name in Star Trek Norge and Spacebattles. But in Star Trek.com I use the name Borgfemale :borgqueen: , which was created through that I first just wanted to call me Borg, but that one was already in use. So I thought that since I was female, I could add female to the nick.

PS.: At Borgbbs I call myself 1 of 7 since 3 of 7 was already in use! :wow::wow:

PPS.: Even though I have variated the nicks, I will from now on stick to this nick then I register on a new Star Trek place.

:clap:

Not much of a story behind it but here it is..I've had this username for probably 7 years now..I use it on many different sites and on my AOL IM and E-Mail address..I was looking for a unique name..It comes from my love of Space stories and I've always liked tigger..Hence Spacetigger.. :clap:

My first online experience was at startrek.com, when I came here I wanted a different SN from the one I had there so I chose Alterego.

PS to VBG: I just saw the Spock banner. :clap:

Mine is a major Garak refrence. When he was in school Garak was part of the Lubak group and he was it's 10th member so he was called 10 Lubak. I love Garak so I thought the name fit

PS I just re-read what I wrote and I relized that it kinda sounds like I think he's real. I don't. Never have never will. Just want to clear that up for anyone who was wondering.

PS I just re-read what I wrote and I relized that it kinda sounds like I think he's real.  I don't.  Never have never will.  Just want to clear that up for anyone who was wondering.

I don't think anyone would think that, we all talk about the characters as if they are real at one time or another. Sometimes we even argue over whether or not Starfleet is a Military or not when in fact it doesn't even exist. :clap: But for the hour you are watching the show they are as real as you want them to be.

PS to VBG: I just saw the Spock banner.  :clap:

I was wondering if anyone would notice it lol

Just seen it. Lile the hand coming under the text.

I thought that would give it a cool effect lol :)

I'd just as soon use my real name,but that isn't always a good idea.A few years ago,I used my real name and an open profile with my home address,phone number,etc at another Trek fan site and some guy from Nebraska who felt that we had become "best friends" over the message boards showed up on my doorstep one day.A really creepy guy.That scared me a little.So now I just go by the handle Captain Freeman,Freeman being my last name.And I rarely put more facts into my personal files than I have to anymore.

Mine includes initials and a made up last name. But it is based on a pen name I would use if I were writing fiction. (I'm not....not yet!)

Mine has absolutely no reference to Star Trek whatsoever. It came from a song title and I created it a couple years ago....long before I was tricked into watching Trek by someone we all know!!! :clap:

Mine also has nothing to do about trek but its what I always use online. Its from the cartoon gijoe. If you take the letters from broca you get cobra. It deals alot from the comics and I have not read that many just the information that I got from my brother.

Stardate:213696.9

Well a good friend of mine(who is also a trekkie)gave me the nickname Geronimo a few years back for some odd reason.It stuck for a while but now he is the only one that calls me that.Well when if first started using the internet i was making a username for my hotmail account and "Geronimo"was taken so i changed the spelling to "Geranimo"and it worked.I have used it ever since.

I have had a new nickname "Goose"that that my friends gave to me because of my last name that really stuck.As a matter of fact my mom is the only person that calls me by my first name anymore.I thought of using it but Geranimo has kinda stuck with me.Although my ICQ nickname is Goose.

Dear god, I'm supposed to fit the story behind "Kyalia" into one post...

OK, when I was seven, I wrote my first book. A rather minor character showed up in it, name of Kai...

Two years later, character turns into a very big part of the world I was invented. Full name: Raia Televaren Kilaria Aeryn Kyalia Alyrinski Chialla'at'lei'vasi, Shay Kianath sha'Etheria-- most of those are titles, untranslated. And as it turns out, she is most definitely not sane, and very definitely psychotic. Also rather long-lived, at 4,000-something years or so.

A few years later, tenth book and second to venture into the slush, "Kai" actually has a big part.

Anyways, my actual name is rather common and actually sounds similar enough so that people have identified it in "Kyalia". So, I decided that that might work on the web, especially as it's very rarely taken already... so now, I use it at almost all of the sites I frequent.

So, that's my username story in a nutshell.

And I managed not to get too far into the story behind "Kai".

I wanted something unique but also something reflective of me in some way. I once had a roommate who used to call me a "truth seeker" because I always searched issues and ideas out and (I have a tendency to take things seriously). So I was toying with ideas of truth seeker, searcher, hunter.

I have collected unicorns for years and felt that was a good representation of my interest in fantasy & science fiction and the unicorn's purity is also a good representation of truth.

Then I must have watched the Crocodile Hunter and it just came together; I love that guy.

I was talking to a little girl that likes unicorns the other day. When I offered to buy her a little figurine for her birthday she confided she really wanted a "real" unicorn. Sometimes I miss how fascinating the world can be when you're four.

Mine has absolutely no reference to Star Trek whatsoever. It came from a song title and I created it a couple years ago....long before I was tricked into watching Trek by someone we all know!!!  :bow:

And who was it that "tricked" you into becoming a Trekkie?

I originally came here to be a pest (Sorry guys!) I was a little mad about what was going on here. So I chose a classic villian. On most other message boards I'm known as jschmitty Needless to say my opinions have changed.

hmmm my screen name.

Yillara Skye Soong is a character in a story I have been working on since forever. She is the younger sister to Liara. The two are non-corporeal entities(a bit like Q, but different in many ways)...however Yillara chose to live her life as a human.

Yillara is married to Commander Data thus that is why her name is Soong.

She is a lot like me, and that is the reason I chose Yillara_Soong.

Edited by Yillara_Soong