Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

are there trekkies/trekkers in your area?

I know I'm always saying this, but I feel so alone, because no one i know likes trek, (well except my dad). Do you live in somewhere where like everyone is a trekkie? Are all of your friends trekkies? I don't know what it is, but I think Maine is a non-trek state (except for me and my dad of course :wow:) I wish my friends like trek! at least theres startrekfans.net :) thanks goodnesss...

My sister is a trekkie, my husband likes TNG, but I wouldn't call him a trekkie. Most of the trekkies I know I only know online. My best friend thinks I'm nuts for liking ST. cheeky-smiley-012.gif

I know I'm always saying this, but I feel so alone, because no one i know likes trek, (well except my dad).  Do you live in somewhere where like everyone is a trekkie?  Are all of your friends trekkies?  I don't know what it is, but I think Maine is a non-trek state (except for me and my dad of course :wow:) I wish my friends like trek! at least theres startrekfans.net :) thanks goodnesss...

Maine? I'm in Maine. You're not alone, TNG - my sis and I support you! (And my brothers only occasionally.)

I know I'm always saying this, but I feel so alone, because no one i know likes trek, (well except my dad).  Do you live in somewhere where like everyone is a trekkie?  Are all of your friends trekkies?  I don't know what it is, but I think Maine is a non-trek state (except for me and my dad of course :wow:) I wish my friends like trek! at least theres startrekfans.net :) thanks goodnesss...

Maine? I'm in Maine. You're not alone, TNG - my sis and I support you! (And my brothers only occasionally.)

I can't believe it! you live in maine? thats amazing! There was this one post a little while back about "where do you live?" and i was the only person from maine....I am soo happy! so what town do you live in? that would be so funny if i knew you, lol

I can't believe it! you live in maine? thats amazing! There was this one post a little while back about "where do you live?" and i was the only person from maine....I am soo happy! so what town do you live in? that would be so funny if i knew you, lol

That would be just too, too scary. I live in Waldo County, but I'm from Knox County. You?

oh then i think I'm far away from you...i live in falmouth...a few minutes from portland. I don't think I've ever been to waldo county...how far is it from portland?

lol, were kind of getting a little of subject of my post, sorry, i'm just so happy I'm no the only mainer! :wow:

oh then i think I'm far away from you...i live in falmouth...a few minutes from portland.  I don't think I've ever been to waldo county...how far is it from portland?

lol, were kind of getting a little of subject of my post, sorry, i'm just so happy I'm no the only maier! :wow:

Quite a ways away. You heard of Rockland or Belfast? The true Midcoast of Maine, no matter what the tourist bureau calls the midcoast. That's my stompin' grounds.

Sorry for the rabbit trail, folks!

oh really? Then i have been to waldo county, i just didn't know the name! I go through there every summer because I go to deer isle every summer and pass through there! thats so cool

I knew a few people that like trek, but only knew one person that was really a trekkie, but I have now found out that the majority of the people that I am now working with are die hard trekkies. I love the idea, to bad I hate the job so much.

Guest Ktrek

I don't have any friends except those online that are big Trek fans. My wife really likes to watch Star Trek and we talk alot about the show. I'm not sure that she would be as interested if I wasn't so interested. She knows it means alot to me and has learned to enjoy it over the years. I wish I could say the same about sewing! :wow: Anyway, I have two co-workers who really like Star Trek so that is kind of fun. None of the rest of my friends, co-workers, or family like Trek. At least that I know of. There are probably some closet Trekkers out there. If you know what I mean! :)

Ktrek

Well my dad and my brother enjoy trek.. my grandma is sort of trying to get into it...(because I like it :( ) And friend wise I have nellis.. :) We always crack my mom up with our conversations.. :innocent:

well actually a close friend of mine is a trekkie. that's actually how we became friends!

my dad and my brother are too except my mum is totally trek-illiterate and so is grandma

she walks around the house saying stuff like "beam me up spotty" :innocent:

I'm sure there are somewhere...

I knew some Trekkies in Highschool....and they actually almost were the Stereotypical Trekki Nerds..not quite...but damn close...they were infact part of the Geek Group at my Highschool....

There must be a few around, today at the video store I was there ten minutes after it opened and 7 of eight available NEM videos and DVD’s were already snatched up, while I was checking out the last one, another came in asking if there were any more.

There is only one trekkie that I know of that lives within one hour of me and he is a major jerk. I wouldn't be suprised if he was one of the spamers at st.com. All my friends that live near me are as anti-trekkie as it gets. They're always giveing me grief for liking star trek. I got lots of online trekkie friends though. I don't think I would survive without this site and my e-pals. Thank-you everyone! :innocent:

ive got alot of trek friends. even know some of the most popular people in my school that like it but wont tell anyone. haha

here in alberta there is a small town called 'Vulcan'.

its the trek capital of Canada. ive never been though

I have Trek friends but one is in the army and the other is in the US

I'm in the UK, I think thats why I like this site so much :laugh:

I felt at home after the 1st post it's just so friendly

I'd like to add my voice to that opinion!

I have no true Trekkie friends around here. All of my friends are on this and the TrekBBS board.

Most of my Trekkie/Trekker friends are on these boards, but also my sister, brother and mother are fans(to a lesser degree).

I had a couple of students whose parents were BIG Trek fans, and they were very minor fans....but their fandom grew a little when they discovered they were not alone(since their coach, me, was a fan!)

I had a small circle of acquaintances who were trek fans of varying degrees....(OK, so only about 3 or 4 people)

I have a few trekkie friends, but they're in the minority.

I have a question - where's the star trek references thread? I can't find it, and I waant to post!!

There's my brother-in-law who actually got me into Trek, his friends who were also my coworkers were big sci-fi fans, but we don't work together anymore, and there's also this guy who lives a few houses down from me who's supposed to be the president of a fan club or something and he has a mini-van with stickers and decals to make it look like an Enterprise shuttle. I've never spoke to him though... Never even seen him. :tribble:

i am the only real trekkie in my region. I live in Queensland australia. My boyfriend likes trek but hates ds9. Its kinda lonely here

I'm proberbly the only one in a 300 mile radius who's even heard of Trek.

It really sucks, cos I'd kill to have a group of friends with teh same interests.

The only other people I know personally who like Trek are 2 of my uncles, there are a minority of fans in my area, but no one is open about it.

BTW Abakai, we've you been!?