Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen of Borg

Hello Fellow Trek fans

hey, just joined today and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Gamera, as you can tell. If you don't know, Gamera is a giant turtle that protects Japan from invading monsters, he's kind of like Godzilla. :rolleyes: I've been a Star Trek fan for going on two years now. I first became a Star Trek fan when one day two years ago I walked into Wal-Mart. They were selling Star Trek The Motion Picture and Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan on VHS for $3.99 each. I have never seen anything Star Trek prior to this, but I thought I would give it a chance. I haven't been the same ever since.

I have become a HUGE fan. Since then I have bought all the movies(1 through 10), I have several Star Trek novels, I read Star Trek Communicator Magazine, I have Star Trek soundtracks, and I have a Picard, Data and Captain Archer action figure. As you can see, I'm on my way to starting a Star Trek collection.

I haven't had a chance to go to any convention, and I'm very depressed that I haven't. I plan to one day, I will go.

My favorite series always switches between Star Trek The Original Series and Star Trek The Next Generation. Right now it's Star Trek: The Next Generation, but I'm also into Deep Space Nine as well. My favorite Star Trek movie is Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. My least favorite is surprisingly The Wrath of Khan, not to say that I hate it, but it is the most overplayed movie out of the series, and I've seen it too many times. The best part is the tragic ending when Spock dies, I tear up every time, but almost everything prior to that doesn't really interest me anymore, I like it, but I don't love it.

My three favorite characters from each series are

Star Trek The Original Series

Captain James T. Kirk

Spock

Leonard McCoy

Star Trek The Next Generation

Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Commander William T. Riker

Data

Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Odo

Quark

Miles O'Brien

Star Trek Voyager

The Doctor

Neelix

Tuvok

Just a little personal info about myself is that I'm 21 years old and I'm also a 1st degree black belt in the Shotokan form of the Martial Arts. I have one brother who is 15, but sadly he doesn't love Trek as much as I do.

Welcome to the Great Starship TrekFans.net, Gammera the Invincible! :laugh: :cool1:

I also look forward to seeing you on the boards! :laugh: :)

Good to see another Godzilla fan besides me. :laugh: :)

I saw these DVDs on Gamera, pretty much of them were between the years of 1965 and 1969. I'll make sure to buy them once I see them. :)

lastresort.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif