Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Star Trek Nemesis

How many times have you seen Nemesis?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you seen Nemesis?

• Only once
    • Twice
    • Three Times
    • Four Times
    • Five Times
    • More then Five Times

I got back home and watch that part again. Yeah. I really like the part Geordi gets to watch his first sunrise. Makes me wonder about the things we take for granted. But come to think about it, would Geordi have seen many sunrise in a holodeck?

266061[/snapback]

The difference is that Geordi was using his biological eyes, and on a real planet. He had his visor for a while, and then the ocular implants. None of that was the normal way of 'seeing.'

...Gosh, gul_nodrog, I liked the character of Anige (sp?) also. I didn't find the indcident with the

'gortch' (sp?) any more out of character for Worf, then when, in the DS9 episode where they went into the past and a encountered tribbles, his crewmates were teasing him about his 'aroma.'

I think Bashir said something about 'a touch of lilac.' The chief tried to get Dax to join in in teasing Worf. He acted about the same as he did in Insurrection when everyone was commenting about his face.

I enjoyed Nemesis because we see a different side of Picard. I like seeing different aspects of the characters be revealed in different situations.

There's no way that everyone is going to agree on these movies ... each of us has his or her own likes and dislikes.

I didn't like Nemesis or Insurrection, but I appreciate that there are those that did. This is one of those threads that I have learned to avoid and I just forgot to do that this time. :b-day:

There's just no changing my mind about these flicks, Deanna and Bev's boobs, Worf's zits, Worf's apparent loss of his ability to hold his liquor, Worf's apparent demotion from ambassador back to tactical officer???, etc. etc. etc. And I won't try to change anyone else's mind either. What a waste of our time!

As long as we all like Trek. Go in peace, brother.

Agreed! ( But I still like hearing what others see and why, even when we disagree. It helps me see more in a film, or consider things I did not think about before. )

:assimilated:I WATCHED NEMESIS

MORE THAN 5 TIMES ON ORIGINAL DVD,ITS TOTALY AWESOME MOVIE!!!

Watched it once in theater, once on video. Did not care for it and geared it might kill the franchise with its low ratings and lower than usual profit. Did not like how it portrayed characters. It's my 2nd least favorite movie barely edged out by STV.

I don't remember what I voted for, but I've only seen it a few times.

There's just no changing my mind about these flicks...Worf's apparent demotion from ambassador back to tactical officer

267182[/snapback]

The reason for Worf being back on the Enterprise in Nemesis was in the script and filmed. He tells Dr. Crusher at the wedding that being an ambassador was not for him. Perhaps the expanded version of the wedding scene with that and the explanation for Wesley Crusher being back in Starfleet will be in the special features when they do a special edition DVD of Nemesis.

I saw Nemesis in the theatre more times that I can remember. I've only watched it a few times on DVD so far. I really liked Nemesis although there was one part I could have done without (yes, Data's death). I really liked Tom Hardy as Shinzon.

There's just no changing my mind about these flicks...Worf's apparent demotion from ambassador back to tactical officer

267182[/snapback]

The reason for Worf being back on the Enterprise in Nemesis was in the script and filmed. He tells Dr. Crusher at the wedding that being an ambassador was not for him. Perhaps the expanded version of the wedding scene with that and the explanation for Wesley Crusher being back in Starfleet will be in the special features when they do a special edition DVD of Nemesis.

I saw Nemesis in the theatre more times that I can remember. I've only watched it a few times on DVD so far. I really liked Nemesis although there was one part I could have done without (yes, Data's death). I really liked Tom Hardy as Shinzon.

319401[/snapback]

I Agree with ya but I think the Death of Data makes Shinzon a Star Trek Foe that will live in Infamy like KAHN,

Yeah, that was the only thing that I didn't like about Nemesis. Data's death really was a disappointment for me.

<_< I WATCHED NEMESIS

MORE THAN 5 TIMES ON ORIGINAL DVD,ITS TOTALY AWESOME MOVIE!!!

293173[/snapback]

Hey buddy,

You are the first other Malaysian I know in STFans.net

I watched Nemesis two or three times and I always end up crying, especially when Picard talks to B-4. I still blame Nemesis' poor showing and reception among fans on the director. The problem was they hired an action director who had no previous experience with Trek. He hacked out the character bits and turned it into an action movie instead of a Trek movie. If you look at the deleted scenes, many would have worked in the film, the chair, the Data and Picard conversation, etc.

Trek XI has to have an experienced Trek director, it doesn't have a Trek writer so it needs a director, that's why I'm glad I've heard Cliff Bole's name mentioned. I would also like to see LeVar Burton get a shot at the director's chair for Trek XI.

I watched Nemesis two or three times and I always end up crying, especially when Picard talks to B-4. I still blame Nemesis' poor showing and reception among fans on the director. The problem was they hired an action director who had no previous experience with Trek. He hacked out the character bits and turned it into an action movie instead of a Trek movie. If you look at the deleted scenes, many would have worked in the film, the chair, the Data and Picard conversation, etc.

Trek XI has to have an experienced Trek director, it doesn't have a Trek writer so it needs a director, that's why I'm glad I've heard Cliff Bole's name mentioned. I would also like to see LeVar Burton get a shot at the director's chair for Trek XI.

319487[/snapback]

I agree with what you said about Stuart Baird. From what I have read he said he was making Nemesis as if there were no other Trek films made. I believe that because he did have that attitude going into directing Nemesis that the portrayal of the crew's relationships suffered, especially by some of the cuts that you mention, Jack. I think the cast was probably uncomfortable with him although they have been very professional about not saying anything. About the worst thing I've read is that LeVar Burton was upset because Baird kept referring to Geordi as being an alien.

I also think the timing of the release was bad. It was like a month after the start of the war in Iraq and nobody was going to movies. Nemesis has always seemed like a dark movie to me and while I do enjoy dark movies, you just don't leave a dark movie feeling good no matter how wonderful the film is. In other words, dark movie + real life war = not great box office.