Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Diets

I was just wondering

I am seeing all these Lo-carb/lo-fat blah blah blah diets?

Is anyone on a diet? If so,has it been succesful?

I am trying to cut down my Sugar intake (I am a sweets feind),I cut out soda and am trying to eat healthy..But i still have not lost any weight

Maybe i am stressed? maybe i need to exersise more

Any suggestions?

nope...

seeing the doc tommorrow though. I'm probably overweight but I'm a nerd anyway... :hammer:

Well, when I want to lose some weight, I just eat less. Probably not a good solution - but it works. :hammer: (not that I have to be concerned about my weight... it's just that I am never satisfied with it :boxing: )

Weigh Stmeight

We are all beautiful N matter what they say

So lets get healthy ~

Im a thin nerd, i can eat and eat and eat without gaining any wait. Some people would love to be me but i dont see why im to skinny and need more meet on me.

Im a thin nerd, i can eat and eat and eat without gaining any wait. Some people would love to be me but i dont see why im to skinny and need more meet on me.

248825[/snapback]

Likewise (mostly)...

My backpack used to weigh about 1/3 my body weight... Or something like that... It was a heavy backpack by-the-way.. (it surprises some people how much was in it, frankly I didn't need alot of stuff in it, but I do love my dictionaries... :boxing: ).

Hmmmm, my dentist told me I should eat more (but I guess that was off-topic, thus so with the compliment to my haircut :hammer: )....

I can eat alot, I think, but I do not do it often, and I usually save my money up for other things...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

I tried Atkins and it worked for a while, but I got tired of it and I felt that there weren't enough "restrictions." I've never understood these health magazines and folks in general carrying on about diets that were "too restrictive" and not flexible enough. It is my flexibility and non-restrictive eating habits that got me into this mess in the first place!!!!

I need to lose about 30 pounds, probably more but I refuse to get on the scale. The best diet I was ever on was Jenny Craig ... it was expensive, but it worked great and I kept the weight off for over 5 years. Then I had a baby and self-controlled eating went out the window. He's going to school this fall and for the first time I'll be able to get regular exercise EVERY DAY.

We're starting the Scarsdale Medical Diet next week (my husband and I). It's like Atkins in some respects, but your fat is very limited. I used this diet off and on in high school and college and it worked for me every time. The weight comes off quick and once you get used to doing without bread, potatoes, rice, corn, butter, oils, etc. etc. you really don't miss them.

I actually used to work for Jenny Craig (not a low-carb diet) and here are some tricks we used:

1. Drink 64 oz. of water every day ... get yourself a couple of bottles that equal 64 or more oz. and keep them in the refrigerator. Do not allow yourself to eat lunch before you've gotten all that water in so start drinking early. Then sip water the rest of the day.

2. Exercise at least a little bit every day ... take the stairs, park far away from the door, walk instead of drive if it's possible. Of course, if you can get some good sweating exercise sessions in at least three times a week in addition to the other, that will help tremendously.

3. Eat 6 times a day, but not full-blown meals. Spread your calories out over those 6 "meals." You don't say how tall/old you are or what you weigh, but typically to lose weight right off the bat, folks started at the 1200 calorie a day level until they were about halfway to their goal. Then gradually increase the calories over time until you hit your goal weight.

I'm not sure what your goals are, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to lose a few pounds. I feel better, have more enthusiasm, have more stamina and actually like other people when I am at the right weight. Weight affects every aspect of our lives ... it's not a shallow, vain, goal to want to look and feel your best --

Diets don't work. There several reasons for this. A primary reason for this is the fact diets require the dieter to observe behavior patterns that are either unhealthy or very difficult to keep on what is assumed to be a temporary basis. When the diet is over, the dieter has not developed any good long term habits to maintain not just a healthy weight but also a healthy body composition. The dieter then resumes his or her old lifestyle. The obvious result is that weight is gained back with a higher fat content.

I'd bet that any physician worth his salt will agree that the best way to lose weight is a lifestyle change for the better, and not short-term "solutions." Or course, this takes time. One doesn't get fat overnight; one shouldn't expect to get thin overnight either.

i tryed a diet abot 1 year ago and it never helped me much,i am just not the type of person who can stick to one,too much ice cream and chocolate can do that to a lady :sweatdrop:

The bottom line on diets was pretty much summed up by Nik. You need to change your eating habits if you need and/or want to lose weight. Isn't it sad that citizens of one of the most industrialized nations in the world don't know how to eat - and it's getting worse.

Fast food and junk food contribute but they're not the only culprit. Sodas are a biggie as well. The number one vegetable consumed by children is a french fry - there's definitely something wrong with that.

I still believe that growth hormones given to cows by the beef industry play a role as well as who knows what else that is in our food supply. I don't know how we combat that except to eat organic or reduce meat and dairy products

The primary purpose for developing a good eating plan should be health. Instead of kicking carbs try substituting whole grains for refined grains.

This is just my opinion but instead of starting by cutting out - start by adding. If you add fresh salads, fruits and vegetables and whole grains you may find you don't crave some sweets etc because your body is getting what it needs. Add things until you find the healthy foods you like and then it will be easier to weed out the unhealthy items.

Then add a good night's rest and appropriate exercise and you're on your way.

I know all this but it also comes down to "the time crunch" it takes time to cook and a soda and crackers out of the machine are a much quicker breakfast.

My mom still remembers the "good old days" - what others called the depression -with fondness. They ate beans, rice and fresh vegetables from the garden - are we really better off?

Actually, Gatorade is not the best thing to drink, I don't remember the details but it's very high in sugar. 

More later Gotta go,....Nemesis in on TNT tonight.

249130[/snapback]

Actually that's not why Gatorade is so dangerous. It can cause Kidney failure. Studies have shown that without the loss of salt and electrolytes the body just needs water. If you add those electrolytes and salt without sweating, your Kidney has to work harder to get rid of the excess. Over time, this work will wear out the Kidney or could cause some type of cirhosis or cancer.

Trying getting a replacement for those kidneys... I'd like to see that.... Like in Star Trek IV.... :sweatdrop:

Um Gatorade is full of sugar..I rather spend my money(not because its FREE) on water

But thanks for the suggestions folks :sweatdrop: