Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

A Blast from our past

I think I've posted something like this before but I'll do it again for some newer members. A lot of the images and skin features are missing but it's still cool to look back.

This is STARTREKFANS.NET a little over a year ago:

STARTREKFANS.NET June 11, 2003

And here's ST.COM on the day STF.NET was born:

STARTREK.COM On Feb 16, 2003

Good heavens, look how few posts we all had. :thumbs: I don't think I was even a mod then. But I was listed as RikerChick so I had changed my name by that time.

Good heavens, look how few posts we all had.  :thumbs: I don't think I was even a mod then. But I was listed as RikerChick so I had changed my name by that time. 

Yeah, in the 13+ months since then we've grown by almost 1000 members too.

Wow, the board had changed a lot in 13 months. :thumbs: B) :laugh: B)

Stardate:214278.9

Wow that was about a week after I first joined.Man alot sure has changed since then.

WOW!!!

I liked Star trek.com like that with the LCARs.... It was much better....

STF looks much better now!!

Oh wow. :tribble: That's a huge change. So what is this, STF.N C?

Yeah, we had the original. Then I upgraded to Invision 1.1. Then I upgraded to Invision 1.2, then Invision 1.3 and shortly I will be upgrading to Invision 2.0.

Wow thats some change of face for STF :look: ..and i think the new look rocks :laugh::tribble:

How do they archive? do they use spiders?

251709[/snapback]

Yes, their spiders come and make a complete copy of the page that they index and that's what you see when you go and click on the link at their site. Some things don't get indexed and that's why you may see some images that don't show up and the stars in the background aren't there but the main contend is there.

:waaaa::waaaa: Yikes! Definately a long while ago, lol :o . That was from the brief period that I had my screenname altered from Yillara_Soong to Yillara_Skye.

It is definitely interesting to go back to the older views. With as gradual as the changes have been I don't think we realize how much the boards have changed.

That sure was a blast from the past. This place just gets better and better, VBG. :P

Edited by Data

WOW! :P I was not around for several of those, having joined almost a year ago, and all I can say is... wow. I agree with ddillard- the changes have been so gradual, I have not noticed them. It is hard to imagine a board without those we have come to know as "regulars" and the friends I have made here.

Wow! I hadn't imagined the site would have been so different, interesting to see the history of the site.

I didn't know how long this site had been around.

289714[/snapback]

Yep, we're coming up on our 2nd birthday.

289764[/snapback]

It is amazing. It has been so much fun that I keep forgetting how long we have been around.

I didn't know how long this site had been around.

289714[/snapback]

Yep, we're coming up on our 2nd birthday.

289764[/snapback]

It is amazing. It has been so much fun that I keep forgetting how long we have been around.

290342[/snapback]

Definitely agree with that. Seems like just yesterday that I was coming here for the first time. *sigh* Oh the memories!!