Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Upgrading the Board

The StarTrekFans D cirtainly surprised me. All the stuff, and all the stuff packed together, and all the stuff missing. It isn't finished is it?

Eh, don't answer that. I see now :tribble:

247114[/snapback]

Explain what you mean by packed together and missing.

Well, in the home page, the [Latest Posts] box is all packed together. You can barely read the stuff, but then again I just found a bigger one, so nevermind, but the bigger one keeps disappearing.... And the upload box in the post things aren't there, and the quick sign in in the home page isn't there anymore.

Edited by sea trooper

Well, in the home page, the [Latest Posts] box is all packed together. You can barely read the stuff, but then again I just found a bigger one, so nevermind, but the bigger one keeps disappearing.... And the upload box in the post things aren't there, and the quick sign in in the home page isn't there anymore.

247127[/snapback]

That big box keep sdisapearing because I've been playing with the settings to see how things look. I'll try to change the other smaller one but I don't know if I can.

The upload box will be back, I just have to tweak the settings and haven't had time and the quick login will be back after I edit the Welcome Box.

247127[/snapback]

That big box keep sdisapearing because I've been playing with the settings to see how things look. I'll try to change the other smaller one but I don't know if I can.

The upload box will be back, I just have to tweak the settings and haven't had time and the quick login will be back after I edit the Welcome Box.

247130[/snapback]

Well. That's great. Keep up the good work. And take your time if you have to. :tribble:

Well. That's great. Keep up the good work. And take your time if you have to. :tribble:

247131[/snapback]

I've been working on it now going on 20 hours, I have probably 15 to 20 hours more left in modifications. Maybe a little less.

I would like thank VBG and all the mods for their hard work for getting board up and running during all the new changes. :look::tear: :P :laugh::tribble:

I've been working on it now going on 20 hours, I have probably 15 to 20 hours more left in modifications. Maybe a little less.

247133[/snapback]

Wow thats a lot of working hrs,i also like to say i am well impressed with the new look :laugh: ..i am not having any problems just one or two things i need to learn how to use but for the rest its coooool :tribble:

As for why I made the changes, Invision has been refining their 2.0 version of the board for about 6 months and it has been in my plan ever since I first tried 2.0 that we would upgrade as soon as they had a stable version that would take all of our custom modifications (like spoilers). All of the Mods can attest to the fact that I've been anxious to get this version running, I've installed 2 or 3 test boards so we could play with it and get used to the functions before we officially upgraded lol.

247095[/snapback]

Well, I'm glad you finally got to upgrade like you wanted to. Oh, and I've noticed the black area is back under the message now. That's nice. ^-^ Thanks for all the work you've done for this site. It's a place that keeps me coming back.

This is so strange! I haven't been around here in some time... and I did not expect to see the site undergoing renovations. It's a bit of a shock. I wonder if my font color will show up? (it's navy) Well, whatever the purpose of the upgrades... I hope they work out!

This is so strange!  I haven't been around here in some time... and I did not expect to see the site undergoing renovations.  It's a bit of a shock.  I wonder if my font color will show up?  (it's navy)  Well, whatever the purpose of the upgrades... I hope they work out!

247455[/snapback]

Yeah Mister where you been? You almost got put on report for being AWOL. :biggrin: jk, WB. The glow tag isn't working yet.

Wow, fab new upgrades. The site is looking great it will take a while to get used to the new features but practice makes perfect. :blink: Thanks for all your hard work VBG and all the mods. :biggrin: :laugh:

Hey, I can have a custom title! I did consider "Federation President", but I think that wouldn't go over too well with the boss. How about "Federation Defense Secretary"?

Hey, I can have a custom title! I did consider "Federation President", but I think that wouldn't go over too well with the boss. How about "Federation Defense Secretary"?

247696[/snapback]

Hehe, I think that option is awesome. :cool1:

He Who Traverses Eternity :biggrin:

lastresort.jpg42.gif