Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Upgrading the Board

Later today or this evening I expect to install a complete upgrade for the board to Invision's 2.0 software. I'll post when I am about to do it so everyone will know. WHen I do this the board will be offline for a short while.

When that takes place the Chat room should still be online so I will set up a link for everyone to get into the chat room while the upgrade is going on.

As you can see We've upgraded to Invision 2.0.

I'm still installing some features (Spoilers and things like that), so bear with me as those things are installed.

Some things may take longer then others but little by little they will be upgraded.

One of the new features you can look for is on the Forums page in the Stats section, not you can look and see how many people are using the chat room and who is in there.

I am working to see if I can add that feature to the portal as well.

I've gotten a lot of the major upgrade problems fixed now, a few minor things still need fixing. You'll notice there's no rank icon for me or the mods. That's one I need Invision to fix, so it may be that way for a little while.

Feel free to give your feedback and mention anything you see that doesn't work properly.

Also I'd like to get some feedback on how you like the new format.

I feel all lopsided VBG. :look: I know, how can I tell? :laugh: What's with the Home Page Feature Post, it's not the way the other one was. I missed the 'HOME' to get to the homepage. Why did you decide to change everything? what features do we have now that we didn't have before? And what have we lost? I noticed the background is crisper. :tribble:

Edited by Jeanway

I've gotten a lot of the major upgrade problems fixed now, a few minor things still need fixing. You'll notice there's no rank icon for me or the mods. That's one I need Invision to fix, so it may be that way for a little while.

Feel free to give your feedback and mention anything you see that doesn't work properly.

Also I'd like to get some feedback on how you like the new format.

246946[/snapback]

its pretty kool. Kinda confusing cause im used to the old one, but ill get used to this format to.Its awesome,so keep up the good work VBG!

246965[/snapback]

I feel all lopsided VBG. :laugh: I know, how can I tell?  :tribble: What's with the Home Page Feature Post, it's not the way the other one was. I missed the 'HOME' to get to the homepage. Why did you decide to change everything? what features do we have now that we didn't have before? And what have we lost?

246968[/snapback]

One thing that we gain is the Multi-Quote feature where you can start at the beginning of the page and read and if there's something you want to respond to then you just have to click p_mq_add.gif and keep reading. Once you click it it will change to this p_mq_remove.gif then as you read the next post if there's something you wish to quote there also just click p_mq_add.gif on that post and continue reading. Then when you read all that you wish to read and are ready to reply you just click the Add Reply button like you normally do and then all of the quoted posts that you clicked will be in the text area and ready for your comments.

There's other added upgrades to this version of Invision that we'll go over in the near future.

You'll have to explain what you mean by "Home Page Feature Post".

It'll take some getting used to, but it looks good! :tribble:

247001[/snapback]

I agree with Ace. It will take me sometime to get use to the new board, but it does look great. :laugh:

It'll take some getting used to, but it looks good! :tribble:

247001[/snapback]

I agree with Ace. It will take me sometime to get use to the new board, but it does look great. :look:

247032[/snapback]

It's a little difficult to get oriented at first, but I think it's a great layout!!! :laugh:

The multi-quotage thing is awesome! I've been wanting to be able to do that for a long time. And I like the new quote boxes... they look very neat.

One thing I don't like is all of the stars everywhere. They used to be in the background, but now they're under all of the words and inside all of the boxes. They're somewhat distracting when I'm trying to read. I liked the solid black under the message and the stars in the very background better.

But other than that, I like the new look. ^-^

The quotes being in white is a strong contrast to the dark background, but I will get used to it.

I am looking forward to using the multiquote system.

The multi-quotage thing is awesome!  I've been wanting to be able to do that for a long time.  And I like the new quote boxes... they look very neat.

One thing I don't like is all of the stars everywhere.  They used to be in the background, but now they're under all of the words and inside all of the boxes.  They're somewhat distracting when I'm trying to read.  I liked the solid black under the message and the stars in the very background better.

But other than that, I like the new look.  ^-^

247041[/snapback]

Yeah, I've had a few people tell me that. I'm actually in the process of making another skin that removes ths stars from the areas that they normally aren't in.

:tribble: Anyone notices that pretty much all of my posts and topics appear with a heart rather than theEnterprise NX-01..... :laugh:

Looks more efficient, and pretty cool...... :look: I'll just need to get used to some of the things here...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Post that you take from Off Topic and put on the Home Page as a Feature article, it's not a s finished looking as before. All the text is on white background.

:tribble: Anyone notices that pretty much all of my posts and topics appear with a heart rather than theEnterprise NX-01.....  :laugh:

Looks more efficient, and pretty cool...... :look: I'll just need to get used to some of the things here...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

247051[/snapback]

THe heart is just because I haven't finished installing all of our skin features yet.

The Post that you take from Off Topic and put on the Home Page as a Feature article, it's not a s finished looking as before. All the text is on white background.

247052[/snapback]

The white background indicates that the text is quoted from an outside source or from another person other then the poster. That way people won't think the poster is the author of the text being quoted.

Yeah, I've had a few people tell me that. I'm actually in the process of making another skin that removes ths stars from the areas that they normally aren't in.

247050[/snapback]

Yay! That's the only thing I don't like, too distracting, but everything else is just awesome. You rock Kevin. :tribble:

Does the Spoilers and Gallery still work?

lastresort.jpg42.gif

247067[/snapback]

Spoilers work, I still have to install the new Gallery software. I just haven't hat time to get to it yet.

247050[/snapback]

Yay! That's the only thing I don't like, too distracting, but everything else is just awesome. You rock Kevin. :tribble:

247070[/snapback]

I've already made your skin RC, I knew you didn't like the stars from the test board and am way ahead of you lol.

Great new look, but the new home page will take getting used to. :look: The multiple quote function is a good idea, and the stars everywhere in the posts are awsomely fantastic!!! :tribble::laugh::tear:

I've already made your skin RC, I knew you didn't like the stars from the test board and am way ahead of you lol.

247071[/snapback]

Ok so I was kinda pointed about that on the test board huh? :blush 2: :tribble:

247071[/snapback]

Ok so I was kinda pointed about that on the test board huh? :blush 2: :tribble:

247076[/snapback]

I really like the color of the quote area. It is now much easier for me to read. Thanks! :laugh:

If anyone comes across a spoiler that doesn't work send me or one of the other Mods a PM with a link to that post and one of us will fix it.

247050[/snapback]

Very cool.

I just noticed that the quote buttons are at the bottoms of the posts now. I think they used to be at the tops. Or maybe I'm just playing tricks on myself. I also like how the quote text shows up in the message text box, now. And the little "snapback" buttons in the quotes are cool! It's the little things that make me happy. ^-^

So... what moved you to make these changes?

If anyone comes across a spoiler that doesn't work send me or one of the other Mods a PM with a link to that post and one of us will fix it.

247087[/snapback]

I've been trying to fix whatever ones I find as I go.

:look:!!! When i poped in i felt like someone hit me with a brick wall or something, or like someone redirected me to a bogus remake site :tribble:. Nice to know it's still the same place, though it's going to take some getting used to :laugh:.

I've seen a lot of people mention that they've never seen "In The Pale Moonlight". This episode, in my opinion is the best episode of any Star Trek show or movie ever made. It is a MUST see episode.

This is a clip from that episode, but be warned this is the final scene of the show and could serve as a spoiler. So if you do not wish to see the final scene do not watch this video clip.

If you do however want to see it it is an awesome scene of Sisko. This episode is also the only episode of Star Trek ever made in which the actor speaks directly to the camera, at least according to the special features of the DS9 DVD's anyway.

Again, let me warn you. This clip might act as a "spoiler", so only watch it if you don't mind that fact.

244615[/snapback]

247050[/snapback]

Very cool.

I just noticed that the quote buttons are at the bottoms of the posts now. I think they used to be at the tops. Or maybe I'm just playing tricks on myself. I also like how the quote text shows up in the message text box, now. And the little "snapback" buttons in the quotes are cool! It's the little things that make me happy. ^-^

So... what moved you to make these changes?

247089[/snapback]

Speaking of the "Snapback" feature that gives me the chance to point out one of the new features. If you want to quote something from one thread into another thread you can do it by opening a second browser and clicking the multi-quote ( p_mq_add.gif ) button (and leave this browser open) then go to the other browser that you have open and go to the thread that you wish to post in. When you click Add Reply the quote from the other thread will show up in the post you are replying to like I've done here with the post about In The Pale Moonlight.

As for why I made the changes, Invision has been refining their 2.0 version of the board for about 6 months and it has been in my plan ever since I first tried 2.0 that we would upgrade as soon as they had a stable version that would take all of our custom modifications (like spoilers). All of the Mods can attest to the fact that I've been anxious to get this version running, I've installed 2 or 3 test boards so we could play with it and get used to the functions before we officially upgraded lol.

The StarTrekFans D cirtainly surprised me. All the stuff, and all the stuff packed together, and all the stuff missing. It isn't finished is it?

Eh, don't answer that. I see now :tribble:

Edited by sea trooper