Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Why is Everyone So Angry Lately?

Has anyone noticed this? Alot more fighting and arguing going on in here lately. Do you think it's the heat of summer making everyone crabbier than usual? This thread is NOT for fighting, OK? It's for talking about this. I will come back in here frequently and try to keep this on topic, for once <_< Be nice now. :look:

I think your right. Its the weather thats making everyone crappy. I hate summers because of the heat and the humity.

Well, my husband is a teacher and I am a full-time mom. I know that toward the end of summer the lack of routine starts to get a little old. We love having him home with us, but after 10 weeks of spending two hours every morning rehashing the policital situation, talking Trek, and playing Playstation with our son you start longing for school to start and getting things back to normal.

I know that is what is wrong with me! But I have a light at the end of my tunnel ... my son starts kindergarten this year! Woohoo! For the first time since he was born I am going to have 3 solid hours every day of ME time. I'm going to rollerblade every day .... you won't recognize me by Christmas! <_<

Thank you Odie, that was nice. Who's next? <_< Remember be nice or I'll have to drag out my "Thwacking" stick! :look::bow:

Very Nice gul, who's next? I'm still watching, don't want any weapons brought in here. :look: <_< :bow:

Im just well i dunno. The last few weeks i've been in a mood I think its becaseu my Boss keeps messing me around and i dont now if im coming or going.

It is rare that anyone sees me posting on these forums you all make, but I am very very taken aback... " The weather? " Buy and air conditioner, I have not been angry and I can understand how doing the same thing over and over can make you a little angry but come on, the weather... The humidity and heat may make you feel like your on the edge, but when your inside typing on a computer, regardless if you have a cooling system for your house or not, I still do not feel like wanting to curse or throw threats... I enjoy reading these posts but come on, give a better excuse.... You may be a little on the edge from a death, or something going on in your life... Well if thats the case DON'T TAKE IT OUT ON OTHERS.....! It has happened to me and they Instant Message me saying I have been feeling real bad cause this happened... Believe me I feel for you but when you curse at me and call me names and try getting me to feel so angry it does'nt work.. If your feeling that bad about something should'nt you be talking about it with your family? Not using it as an excuse to make people feel bad... I don't know if many from the Star Trek. Com lounge remember. But some pepople committed suicide over people being mean to them... Yet no one cares, its the " better them than me " scheme right? Well all I know is I am with the creator of this Forum.. I am really tired of the attitude that people bring and use dumb excuses to try to get out of it.... Well as for me I am staying cool....

Captain Cave

Well CC :look: Aren't WE sensitive today??? <_<

As for sharing your problems with your family, let me ask you this. What if they're all dead? HUH? :angry:

And the weather, are you kidding me? A little on edge?? Where do you live anyway? I'm in Wisconsin and suffer through many days of over 100 degree heat and high humidity. It makes me feel like I'm drowning. People who have health problems are affected the worse. And over-weight people, they just can't cool off. God help you if you have prickly heat rash or a skin condition.

I don't like being mean to people either. Or someone being mean and nasty to me. a constant diet of that, yes, I can see how it could drive someone to suicide.

I 'd like to see a kinder, gentler atmosphere around here. I know when I get yelled at I just get off and go sulk in my room. :bow:

I havent seen anything that would lead me to belive ppl are angry,unless these are in topics i dont read but from what i can tell things are not that bad...or am i just to relaxed to see it :look: ..oh well just for the record Hang is not angry <_<

I think it's the weather. It's that time of the year right before school when everybody wants to go back and not wants to go back because they're bored to death because of the heat and they want to avoid the heat while they hate school. Also It rains like everyday here in Houston during the summer. <_< That results in low endorphins...... :look:

Well, like hangon said, it depends on where you have been. If you have been in Kronos during this political season, then you may have run into some tart conversations. In Kronos people are sometimes snippy, but usually not out of control.

I am not convinced that there are so many angry people. But if there are frayed nerves, could it be because of the absence of new Trek? Right now everthing is a rerun. ( But then...we all like Star Trek reruns.....so that can't be it.....)

Well, like hangon said, it depends on where you have been. If you have been in Kronos during this political season, then you may have run into some tart conversations. In Kronos people are sometimes snippy, but usually not out of control.

I am not convinced that there are so many angry people. But if there are frayed nerves, could it be because of the absence of new Trek?  Right now everthing is a rerun. ( But then...we all like Star Trek reruns.....so that can't be it.....)

maybe because we missed a rerun last week.... <_<

I am not convinced that there are so many angry people. But if there are frayed nerves, could it be because of the absence of new Trek?  Right now everthing is a rerun. ( But then...we all like Star Trek reruns.....so that can't be it.....)

maybe because we missed a rerun last week.... <_<

That food for thought!

I work outdoors a lot in a dark blue coveralls with long sleeves. There is no way for me to cool off in that uniform when I am outside. On the tug I am allow to roll up my selves, but soon as step off the tug I must roll them down. After working all day in the sun I become cranky. I try to reframe myself, but there are slips.

I think it's the weather. It's that time of the year right before school when everybody wants to go back and not wants to go back because they're bored to death because of the heat and they want to avoid the heat while they hate school. Also It rains like everyday here in Houston during the summer. <_< That results in low endorphins...... :look:

:nono: WAB, You are something else. :angry: Who else would have figured THAT out? :bow:

I'm not getting enough sleep due to work, but I've never been hostile on these boards before. Now others.....

I'm not getting enough sleep due to work, but I've never been hostile on these boards before. Now others.....

Now Others?? Who do you mean exactly??? <_< j/k

Nope, your right. :angry: We are going through withdrawl, then mix that with anticipation of Season four starting in what 52 days?? OH Man <_< :nono::look::bow:

Edited by Jeanway

Its hot ouside

Politics is heating up because november is looming

And some people get on other peoples neves for no reason

I haven't really noticed any increase in anger. I actually thought things have been rather bland lately.

As for weather, there have been studies that show hot weather can increase irritability. But like someone said - that's when you're outside in it.

No matter where you are in Houston, you're either too hot or too cold. Never just right. <_< No wonder why everybody at my house seems stressed... :look:

I personnally haven't noticed a big increase in irritability lately, but concerning the other point, I'll admit that the weather does affect my mood. If it's very hot and humid, I get a shorter fuse than usual. That's why I try to stay inside with the air conditioning on those days.

Weather-related or not, if you're in a bad mood, it's always a good idea to remove yourself from situations that could easily anger you. I know everyone needs to blow-off steam now and then, but it's not fair to put innocent bystanders in the crossfire. <_<

Actually I have noticed some increased anger, but its my own opinon, I could be wrong. Espically with people in kronos debating the election. its a adult thing I know about it everybody around my area is fighting about it too. I also think heat might effect people a little bit but not that much.

And one last thing. If you cant vote dont get invovled in election debates.

This post was athorized by the white council, and RK. This post may not be bashed.

Amen to that!

You go, RK. I'm so sick of these people who are not able to cast a vote participating in debates with the rest of us who are.

Edited by gul_nodrog

And one last thing. If you cant vote dont get invovled in election debates.

I am having difficulties in posting this morning due to lack of caffeine! Here is the quote I am referring to from Rivendell's King.

Again, I say AMEN TO THAT.

(Sorry about the double post!)

Hey, I thought of something else that I'm angry about ... my beloved hpforums are down AGAIN. I haven't been able to argue Harry Potter for over 4 days now. :assimilated:

LOL Not on edge... I was just sharing my opinions... I live in Ohio and its real bad here too..... I am just voicing, Ya mean....? LOL Sorry if I offended you....