Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Best Return Appearance

Which 'series return appearance' was the best?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which 'series return appearance' was the best?

• McCoy - TNG "Encounter at Farpoint"
    • Spock (w/ Sarek) - TNG "Unification"
    • Scotty - TNG "Relics"
    • Sulu (w/ Rand) - VOY "Flashback"
    • Sarek - TNG "Sarek"

I've done this topic before, and I've got this sinking feeling that I'm forgetting one. :laugh:

Anyway, there were some great episodes bringing back those TOS characters we all love. Some returns were shorter than others, but they were all fun.

Which one did you think was the most memorable?

Nope, but thanks; I was going for just main cast members (I know Rand wasn't, so I grouped her with Sulu). :)

I'm having a hard time choosing between Spock's and Scotty's eps. :laugh:

Come to think of it, I guess I do want to add Sarek in; I didn't have him in my last poll, but he was there often enough.

I ended up voting for Spock's appearance in "Unification". It was a great episode, and it was really good to see what became of Spock and recap his relationship with his father. Plus, the way he was brought back was more plausible than the other returns.

I loved Scotty in "Relics". He was so happy to be alive but as he noticed that he seemed to be of "no use" for Geordi or as he was sitting alone there on the bridge of his old ship on the holodeck (wonderful scene with Jean-Luc, though) - I almost cried as I saw that for the first time. :blink:

But he gets the chance to be a hero again :blink: and I loved the ending of the episode. :blink:

So, "Relics" gets my vote.

I voted for McCoy in Encounter at Farpoint. It was a brief appearance, but it established a link to the original series, and in those few brief lines was the Mc Coy we all remebered and loved!

Ive voted for Scotty. He look great in Relics and was there pull another miracle on the episode.

I liked Spock and Sarak in "Unification" ... I was much more excited to see Spock than I was Scotty, although Scotty was cool in "Relics." I didn't vote for Relics because Geordi was so condescending toward Scotty (IMO). O'Brien would never have treated him that way.

I voted for Scotty. The story was the best, and we got to see the old bridge again...which was just amazing, especially with Picard standing on it.

The Dyson sphere was cool too. :rolleyes:

I picked McCoy because it was such a surprise and so well done. A true passing of the torch.

Great question! I voted for Scotty, but Spock's reappearance was also wonderful, and seeing McCoy again was a delight. Relics was a great episode and the idea of being useful and needed versus being useless and rejected was an excellent topic

(particularly for us TOS fans of a certain age :rolleyes: :o )

I like them all, I was shocked to see them all return. Scotty in Relics is the best, because it is TNG and I love that episode. God Bless Scotty. B) B)

Scotty/Relics, easy. I loved that episode, and it had my favorite Scotty line. Something to the effect of The ORIGINAL Enterprise, N-C-C-1-7-0-1 and no bloddy A, B, C, or D.

By far, it has to be Scotty. I mean, I thought it was cool to see Spock and Bones appear (as they were my other two TOS favorites) but Scotty's appearance was the one I liked the best.

While I loved Bones' interaction with Data ("What's so inconvenient about not havin' DIED!?!" :laugh:), I chose Sarek. His scenes were just so heartbreaking, and his mind meld with Picard really let us see deep inside the Vulcan brain.

It was wonderful. <333

This was another difficult choice as I liked it when Scotty, Spock and Sulu were brought back.

I went with Spock, but with Scotty as a very close second.