Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeanway

Lake Roddenberry Summer Camp

The girls are laying on the beach working on their tans when they see Danny in his full combat gear heading for the mountain. As he walks by them an acrid yet familiar odor permeated the air. As he gets closer to all the girls laying in the sun on their towels, it gets to be too much and all the girls jump up and run for the water. :bow::bow: To wait for him to get out of nose-shot. :o

Zach engaged his nice little machine and started the cooler up. "Yes," he thought. "I can finally perfect my fusion reactor design on a small scale. He engaged the mini-cyclotron and inserted the reactor in the hole that was the motor." The night before danny took out the muffler and fuel injection system along with the motor of the truck.

Days later......

the CAL started the truck to get some supplies. The engine was silent, but everything: the AC, the lights, the radio was working. He ignored it and drove off.

Several days later CAL Fenriz returns to camp. After someone had 'modified' the engine of the camp's truck the only way Fenriz had been able to stop the truck was to jump out of the cab and let it plow headlong into a tree. Hitchhiking his way back to camp, he arrived well after dark, just in time to see a flying saucer hovering over one of the cabins and campers being 'beamed' out of their beds and float up to the UFO. "Crap." says CAL Fenriz. "So much for our insurance deductable."

JW watches the hovering Starship and the beam that is carrying some of the boys up to it. She wakes up the other girls in the cabin. "Wake up, wake up." she says as she runs from cot to dot shaking them. "What is it?" They all say. "Come over here and look at this." She tells them. They all watch as the ship turns and flys off. "We better tell someone what just happened." Said Jane. "Are you crazy? Who is going to belive us?" JW said.

The next morning at breakfast the girls waited to see which of the boys were missing.

WAB, Danny, and Will found themselves in a dark room. "where are we?" asked WAB. " I don't know." said Danny.

A clanking sound rattled through the room.

With several of the campers having been abducted and no doubt being 'probed' CAL Fenriz had to rearrange the camp's activities schedule. He cancelled the nature hike. "No need to risk a run in with the Sasquatch." he thought. It bothered Fenriz that some of the campers had gone missing, been abducted , or just plain vanished but not too much. "Good thing I made their parents all pay in advance." Fenriz muttered to himself. "And sign those insurance waivers." Putting aside his clipboard he walked to the camp's utility shed. Undoing the padlock he began rummaging around inside. "Aha." he declared after a moment. Emerging from the shed he hefted a crowbar. Fenriz then started for the outhouses where some of the campers had played a joke Damien and nailed the outhouse door shut while the boy was doing his 'business'. CAL Fenriz whistled as he walked.

The table was cold and hard against Jennica's back. The last thing she could remember was the water washing over her and seeing the light of the sun fade into oblivion. Jennica was so aware but yet she had no clue how she gotten there. She was totally nude and didn't care about the number of beings that walked about and around the table where she laid. She looked up in a mirror but her body didn't move. She was...she was dead. That can't be I can see and I am aware of all that is going on around me. 'Wake up! Wake up, damn it Jennica open your eyes!' I could hear my mind screaming for my body to respond. Gently a white sheet was being placed on me. Upon my feet at first, then my knees, thighs, and then my waist. Briefly the sheet stopped below my breast and I felt a gentle squeeze to my left breast. I heard someone say, "she's a beauty." The sheet continued over my breast to my shoulders and to my surprise it stopped. If I hadn't been dead, I would of held my breathe and pleaded with them not cover my face. Gently my left arm was lifted and the sheet tucked under my arm and the same thing occurred with my right arm. A man that was not unlike my own father walked towards the table, his smile was almost saintly as he whispered to the gentlemen preparing me that I not only heard them but I was aware of every touch or caress. The one that squeezed my breast blushed and whispered an apology.

The two men waited as the fatherly figure look at his console and then towards me and back. I could hear the faint noise of him doing something and he walked over to a container. "Is this all they found?" He questioned. One of the men answered, "It's all she had on." The elder man reached into the container and shifted through it, "A shoe is missing." The man to the left of me nodded and replied, "shall we make another one for her?" "No. Give her a cut that will leave a scar in the shape of a *v* on...." The elder man looked at the remaining shoe and continued, "On her left foot, and make her feel it." The intern to the left of me commented, "Sir that's rarely done here." The elder man's eyes grow most stern and he replied, "I want her to remember the pain, not this place but the pain." Gently the man lifted the sheet and took my foot by the ankle, he looked towards my lifeless face and took a tool that cut into the top of my foot. I wanted to scream and pull my foot from his hand but only I could lay there only. The elder gentleman walked closer to me and whispered in my right ear. "Would you like a tear? Does that hurt? Remember the pain."

The elder man then turned from me and took a step, he hastated and then turned back and whispered one last thing in my ear. "You're not who or what you think you are!" That was the last he say to me. He turned to the men. "Reactivate her, dress her, and put her at the banks of the river where she was found. Be careful that she not drown again, I don't want to have to repair her a second time."

Gasping with a memory of a faint but wierd dream in her mind Jennica claws her way up the bank and out of the water. Her left shoe missing and the searing pain of a gash on her left foot causes her to cry out. A tear runs down her cheek as she checks the injured foot. In her mind the elder man's voice echoes faintly as he insist one thing before he fades into her subconsious, 'You're not who or what you think you are.'

Walking along Fenriz notices something moving on the ground on the edge of the forest between the river and the camp. Just barely moving, it's inching it's way toward camp covered with dried leaves and underbrush. Fenriz stops for a moment to watch, thinking it may be an injured animal.

Pushing aside some underbrush Fenriz finds an injured girl.

"Holy Crap! It's whatshername from the nature hike!" Fenriz exclaims when he recognizes the girl.

Fen pulls his whistle from his shirt pocket and whistles the Morse Code repeatedly and very loud. Nurse Jawbeaker runs out of the hospital cabin, down the steps, across the camp to the injured Jennica.

"OH MY Child. I thought we lost you forever" She said as she leaned over her covering her with her sweater.

"Pick her up now Fenriz and bring her to my cabin, come on, hurry up now ya big lummox." She ordered him.

"Yes ma'am." He said as he picked her up and walked quickly to the hospital cabin.

While Nurse Jawbreaker dresses Jennica's wounds Fenriz stands in the door uncertain what to do. Pulling his CAL handbook from his back pocket he flips through the pages.

"Let's see. Camper eaten by a bear...no. Camper eaten by a Mountain Lion...no. Camper eaten by a Moose...What the h*ll? This thing is useless. Oh here it is Camper thought drowned in a river suddenly turns up injured days later in the woods. Let's see what it says. Take the injured camper to the camp nurse. Right. Oh."

Nurse Jawbreaker grabs the handbook from Fenriz and wacks him on the head with it.

"Idiot!" She says. "Go get me some more clean bandages from the supply closet, or I'll be bandaging up two patients." Fenriz runs off to get more bandages.

It had been days since Jennica found herself in the cot at hospital cabin and finally she was allowed to get up and take a shower. Of course she felt odd as Nurse Jawbreaker looked in on her as she showered. "We thought we lost you in the river, I don't want to have to tell your Dad you were done in by the soap." Jawbreaker said as she wondered back to waiting area. The water felt warm as it caress my skin with what felt like a million strings as the water pelted me from the nozzle. As Nurse Jawbreaker walked me to the showers I noticed the leaves on the trees had begun to change colors, how odd I thought it was for that to happen in July. Later I learn I had been missing for over a month and it was September. That CAL Freniz came by the cabin several times to ask me about where I had been. Each time there were more question than answers. Finally Nurse Jawbreaker told him to stop pestering me about it and find the boys.

As I showered I washed my foot feeling the scar and remembering the pain as if it had just happened. Confusion set in as I stood up looking at my foot, I felt dizzy and the room, sounds, and feeling of the water hitting me faded into oblivion. I now stood in the room and looking on as I watch the intern cut my foot and saw my lifeless body laying on the table, this time I was beside the elder man that gave the orders. I looked at him and whispered, "I'm not who or what I think I am." He turned towards me and smile softly. "You're not suppose to remember or know this place." He said sternly but his eyes twinkled with delight. I looked on at myself being dressed as I seemed to be coming around and I was flailing a bit as the interns were dressing me. "Why am I being sent back?" I inquired of the elder man. He shook his head and walked on to a hallway, I followed him hoping he would say more. As we passed into another chamber I saw the boys laying on tables much like the one I was on. I walked over to touch one and my hand passed through him. "Am I but a ghost and my touch can't be felt?" The elder man stood beside me and reach for my hand, "No my dear, you are not a ghost." Gently he took my hand and I felt flesh against flesh. I looked startled at him and again at the boy. "Then he is a ghost, they all are." I whispered. "No my dear he is of flesh and bone but as for now only his," the elder man looked over the room and continued, "their spirits are here." Taking in all this I stood dazed as Nurse Jawbreaker ripped the shower curtain back.

"Look at you, as pale as a ghost, I knew showering was too much for you." She pulled the robe around me and continued, "Next time it's a sponge bath for you."

Jeanway was told by CAL Fenriz that Jen was awake. "Can I go see her now?"

She asked him."If you can get past Old BallBuster you can."

He said with a HMMPH.

JW tore out the door and down the wooden steps and darted across the camp to the hospital cabin. Out of breath she took the steps two at a time only to be stopped at the door by Nurse Jawbreaker standing there her arms folded across her ample chest. "Ya can't see her now JW, she's too veak, she needs ta be quiet and rest. You'll only get her all stirred up again I betcha. NO, not now, later or maybe tomorrow. Jeanway walked down the steps and back to her cabin.

:sweatdrop: :sadwalk: