Sign in to follow this  
ARMS

We Are Family

Guest Mike_Hines01
:bow: Nice touch TSonofvulcan.

We're the startrekfans.net Family :laugh: We're spooky and we're cookey, mysterious and spookey, we're all together whooky, the startrekfans.net family Our house is a Musem, when people come to see us, we're all together screeum, the startrekfans.net family :wub:

That's great..I like that.. :bow:

I got left out.

I think some ppl here are family.

hang is my big bro. Always good with advice.

there are others i just not going to go into it all. but most of those i call family i talk to everyday outside of tthe board and i am the sinificant other to a guy here called cadegideon.aka Steve

We're the startrekfans.net Family :wub: We're spooky and we're cookey, mysterious and spookey, we're all together whooky, the startrekfans.net family Our house is a Musem, when people come to see us, we're all together screeum, the startrekfans.net family :hug:

LOL!

Perfect :bow::laugh:

Yeah You guys are family ::starts singing WE ARE FAMILY::

Angel and Jane are my Sisters

Then there are the brothers Who,Were,Harry, hang,and Jim

Ilikes7 is the guy down the block watching me

Fen, jeanways Mysteriously clever boyfreind

RC is that neighbor lady who always bakes the best cookies

Alter is like that teacher at school who i have to prove myself to

VBG my guariden angel

Mr P is crashing in my basment,along with freek

Tokar,Ace,Arms,and Space Tigger are those Uncles you look up too

Indy and CLJP..are like My parents..Tough love and concern all the time

And Ktrek is my pastor..because he knows the bible far better than i will ever

And then there is Smoked..the new member..He is the guy who owns the 7-11 down the blocked

youre right ARMS! I made some really good friends here,and hmm I dont think i ever had a real fight with someone here thank god,i cant stand fighting,freaks me out.

But i met some pple here that i will talk to for the rest of my life i think. :bow:

hang is my big bro. Always good with advice.

If i can help i will thats who i am :bow:

Hang's my big bro, JEanway's my big sis, and Harry's my little bro.

T'son is my cousin, who is my cousin, Luthien and angel is also my couzin

Alterego is like the guy down the streeet

spacetigger is the father

TUH is my mother

Ktrek is the pastor

TUH is my concience lol

Wereborg .You are Chinese-American right?

NI HOW MA?

I don't see it.  Not at all.  It's just a message board.  Then again, how connected you are here all depends on how good or bad your real life is and how connected you are to the people in it.  No message board will every compare to that and I think it's sad that people get so attached to something so trivial.

I think ARMS' original point was that a lot of members here have developed more connections then just the board, and that it has made him feel particularly close to that group.

He started with

Have you noticed how close everyone is on here? Thanks to the board, MSN, AIM, Yim, Yahoo etc we're closer than the Voyager crew.

For me, I am astonished at my own level of particpation on this board.

The behavior consistent with my personality would be what people here call "lurking." I don't know what about this site drew me out of my cocoon and caused me to start having regular conversations with complete strangers!

I don't have the feeling of family, but then I do not have the connections many have. But I would miss not talking regularly with this extraordinarily diverse strongly opinionated group of Star Trek lovers. ( And, I have learned a lot from other peoples' comments, including the ones with which I disagree!)

Okay, I bet my comment made AE feel old, and it looks like he's about to post, so we'll see if I was right (He may have posted before I post this.)

Tina, obviously, I would be the oldest of your brothers. Why am I always the oldest one?

Yeah You guys are family ::starts singing WE ARE FAMILY::

Angel and Jane are my Sisters

Then there are the brothers Who,Were,Harry, hang,and Jim

Ilikes7 is the guy down the block watching me

RC is that neighbor lady who always bakes the best cookies

Alter is like that teacher at school who i have to prove myself to

VBG my guariden angel

Mr P is crashing in my basment,along with freek

Tokar,Ace,Arms,and Space Tigger are those Uncles you look up too

Indy and CLJP..are like My parents..Tough love and concern all the time

And Ktrek is my pastor..because he knows the bible far better than i will ever

And then there is Smoked..the new member..He is the guy who owns the 7-11 down the blocked

Aren't I on your list as colledge professer who keep sfailing you? Oh by the way, you made your best grade today on the test D-, well done

Edited by TSonofvulcan

T'son..You are my Shrink :laugh:(My Therapist)Because you are the most logical

And Jim..Yes you are the oldest,the most wise,the bravest,and the one with the most money when Mom and dad are nowhere to be found

And Nemy is the youngest..And who gets the most slack from Mom and Dad

Sam is the Comic book shop owner

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

And Jim..Yes you are the oldest,the most wise,the bravest,and the one with the most money when Mom and dad are nowhere to be found

Me? the one with the most money? ROFLMAO!

Well you probally have more money than

Who,Were,HarryKim,hangon and Nemesis sit all day playing Playstation and Dungens and Dragons

You atleast work.....

good point, but I'll cut them some slack, they are still under 18.eventually, though, they will join us in the world of work, taxes, and annoying bosses (I'll elaborate in my log)

Well you  probally have more money than

Who,Were,HarryKim,hangon and Nemesis sit all day playing Playstation and Dungens and Dragons

You atleast work.....

:laugh: er...i start work at 5am i wish i could sit at home all day playing on my play station :laugh: ..but you are right about the other 2 :laugh:

He he

Hey man you still owe me that ten bucks you borrowed from me last week :laugh:

Thanks for mentioning me and Fen are together, he didn't think anyone knew that. :laugh:

Edited by Jeanway

Well you  probally have more money than

You atleast work.....

hehe D&D

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Thanks for mentioning me and Fen are together

^

You made a grammer mistake. The correct way to say it is "Thanks for mentioning Fen and I are together..."

^

You made a grammer mistake. The correct way to say it is "Thanks for mentioning Fen and I are together..."

I do take correction well, contrary to popular belief :blink: Thank you for pointing that out to everyone in the site. I'll pay you the same courtesy sometime in future. :blink: Thanks for mentioning Fen and I are together.....O.K.? :) ::mutters under her breath::

Okay, let's get the D&D game started. O, what are the house rules? Are you going by 3.0 or 3.5? :blink:

I actually do play D&D. :blink:

^

I do take correction well, contrary to popular belief :blink: Thank you for pointing that out to everyone in the site. I'll pay you the same courtesy sometime in future. :blink: Thanks for mentioning Fen and I are together.....O.K.? :) ::mutters under her breath::

lookin for infomation...would that not be *Thanks for mentioning That Fen and I are together..??

First, let me say thank you for all the lovely compliments.

Second, I think RC nailed the issue in that there are real people behind these screen names. I've been thinking about a reply to this thread for a couple of days but I can't think of anything that would say it better.

What is family? Does sharing a common genetic ancestor or having a legal relationships make the bond between you stronger. I have relatives of equal genetic relationship that but are in two different worlds as far as my relationship with them.

I'm sure those that belittled online relationships have been fortunate in their lives to have good family bonds. The truth is not everyone gets born into a good family, and sometimes even when you do death has other plans. Making friends gets harder as you get older - primarily because people become involved with their families and a lot of people don't have time for people outside that circle.

I worry about people here, because I know when they leave the computer they are going back to a world that isn't always fair or kind and is seldom easy. Sometimes I think of the younger people on this board and wonder what sort of people will they become - someday that doctor, politician, actor, police officer etc that crosses your path may be a person you once sparred and/or joked with on a message board.

Does the internet provide opportunties for detached, impersonal relationships? Yes of course, but without the internet where would I find someone to share my love of ST?

I don't want to embarrass or possibly offend anyone by singling out individuals because some of us may not frequent the same threads and I know some of you better than others. I can't think of anyone that I haven't felt some sort of common bond of humanity with?

Sure I'd rather be spending time with my children but there are no children so I will not stop caring about what happens to the people on this board - children or adults.