Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Where Is Everybody?

Alot of people in here don't live in the United States. Tell us where you live. And if you do live in the U.S., where are you too? :theking: Is there anything famous about where you live? I live in Racine, Wisconsin. Famous for S.C. Johnson, you know furniture polish and household stuff. Also the home of Frank Lloyd Wright, the famous Architect. Also this is a Festival City, they party here for any reason they can think of. It's right on Lake Michigan, well, on the coast of :clap: and there are alot of Marinas and boats. It is right in the path of the Canadian Flyway which means we have alot of birds migrating through here all year round. I like it here. :clap: It's a nice place to visit and live in. :wow:

I live in Chelmsford Massachusetts..Just north of Boston..Chelmsford isn't famous for anything but it is a nice place to live..Now Boston..It's famous for puting out great Red Sox teams that just can't win a Championship.. :clap: The last one was in 1918..But we do have the New England Patriots.. :theking:

I live in Northern Florida, we're famous for alligators.

Actually there is a river that flows through town, when I was a kid it was supposed to be unique that it was one of only a couple in the US that flowed North, but I guess new science has determined that many rivers flow North.

Have I mentioned how incredibly hot, sticky and muggy it gets here?

Florida is the lightning capital of the nation.

Supposedly the surrounding area is reknowned for bass fishing.

edited: current avatar is a picture of the river mentioned above. I used to drive over the bridge from where the picture was taken.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

We have a river, runs right through it :theking: , it's called the Root River, Racine means root in French.

born in uk ......lived in holland for 7 years.....lived in france 4 years and still here

i live about 40miles south of normandy

"every new country/culture i meet learns me we are the same"

just we have our own mind to make dicisions which make's us all differnt

one L°VE ........ GR :theking: OUP

I live in the UK, a place that is known for history culture and well lots of things.

One thing that is little known about the UK is that statistically it has more tornado's per square mile than anywhere else in the world. Which is scary huh. Thing is they are pretty minor on the F scale, they never get higher than F2

I live just to the North of 'Tornado Alley" but were still get little ones here, they call them 'Wind Shears' :theking:

I live in a small township in Ohio. Nothing much goes on around here but this year the cicadas hatched out after a 17 year sleep cycle. Cicadas are winged flying insects, they kind of look like a cigar butt with wings. The local newspaper has been publishing recipes in which they are the main ingredent. (Gross huh but folks are eating them here.) Anyway there was no one famous ever to come out of here but we do have two roller skating rinks and about seven funeral homes so in these parts I guess people are rollin' around waiting to die. :theking:

Oh one more thing I do get people telling me, my husband looks like Conway Twitty (when he was alive that is.) Some people come by to watch him cut the grass so they can say 'Yup, he looks like Conway.' That's about it.

Edited by BlueCrystal

I am from the UK but live in the land of cheese,wooden shoes,windmills,and "Amsterdam" :theking: ..HOLLAND :clap:

Edited by hangon

Central Kentucky: The Bluegrass State - famous for horses.

I live outside of a town of about 20,000. It's gotten some great national recognition a few times, but I don't think any really famous people were born here. A few big country singers are from towns nearby, though. Also, one of the biggest battles of the Civil War took place a few miles away.

Oh, as for things in a few hours radius:

World's largest cave system

Churchill Downs

First store west of the Alleghenies (15min away)

filming of Seabiscuit

filming of Elizabethtown (just started)

etc...

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Home of the 2nd deepest natural in the world.

Ummmm, and we are the home of Keiths beer, which is the most popular domestic import in Canada.

Created Canada's first newspaper (Which is now in Boston lol)

We were the first place in Canada to get responsible government and we did it through peaceful means unlike Ontario and Quebec.

We are the largest military target North of Virgina, which means if there is ever nuclear war we get hit in the first wave of nukes, ummm w00t! w00t!

Our name is Halifax though we were founded by Edward Cornwallis...

We have the world's largest citadel of it's kind, called ok you'll love it's name "The Citadel"

We have a lot of military forts both new and old.

There is more but I'm too lazy to say anymore

Wirral, England, UK, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, The Universe, The Multiverse.

Some house, Indio, southern California, south-western United States of America, the North American continent, Earth, the "life-zone" of Sol, the Western Spiral Arm of the Milky Way, the Milky Way, the Local Group, the Universe, the Multiverse, the Time-Space Continua, the Infinite-dimensional realms, Existence

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

I live in the Netherlands,famous for their uhm tulips and windmills? :clap:

Holland sucks really.

Holland doesn't suck. Without Holland my hometown wouldn't be here today. :theking:

Edited by Odie

I am from Buffalo, New York.

West of Buffalo is Lake Erie and Fort Erie, Canada.

North of Buffalo is Lake Ontario and Canada.

East of Buffalo is Finger Lakes, Catskills, and Letchworth State Park.

South of Buffalo Pennsylvania and Appalachian Mountains Mountains.

Live near lots of waterfalls.

Niagara Falls, on the boarder between Canada and the United States.

letchworth State Park is know as the "Grand Canyon of the East. The area has three major waterfalls. letchworth.jpg

Second largest city in State of New York.

New York joined the union in 1788.

Third largest states in the US.

That states nick name is the "Empire State"

Actually there is a river that flows through town, when I was a kid it was supposed to be unique that it was one of only a couple in the US that flowed North, but I guess new science has determined that many rivers flow North.
Yeah, same here. It was always taught in school that the river was unique in that aspect, and I think they have discovered a couple more but I am not sure of that.

Have I mentioned how incredibly hot, sticky and muggy it gets here?

LOL, it is not too bad IMO. Through most of the summer, I leave the A/C off when driving in my car (true, not the case for my home). But I know many many people who would wholeheartedly agree with you. What does bug me a bit is the muggy part.

Florida is the lightning capital of the nation.

As I am typing this a large roll of thunder just happened. Yes, you are very correct about that. Definately known for lightning storms.

edited: current avatar is a picture of the river mentioned above.  I used to drive over the bridge from where the picture was taken.

I thought that pic looked familiar.

I have lived in North Florida for almost 22 1/2 years. I was born in South Florida, and then shortly after I was born my family moved to NY(where my sister was born) for a couple years before settling down in N. Florida(where my brother was born, and a lot of my family live).

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I live in the Netherlands,famous for their uhm tulips and windmills? :theking:

Holland sucks really.

I don't agree to this either. And hey, you've forgotten something important. Holland is having a great soccer team - honestly!!!!! I do hope Holland and Germany will make it to the quarter final!!!!! But I'm not that optimistic about the German team. How could they've tied with Latvia?? Latvia?!!?!?

I'm from a city called Ludwigshafen. This is approx. 60 km south of Frankfurt. The city is famous for a big international chemical plant ---> BASF.

Approx. 20 km in the East there's Heidelberg and if you'd travel the same distance to the West you'll be in midst of the wine yards - an area which attracts lots of tourists.

I live in the Netherlands,famous for their uhm tulips and windmills? :clap:

Holland sucks really.

Don't let ILikeseven hear you say that. That loyal Dutchman will hurl you right over a dike :wow: You better run Luthien :clap::theking:

I live in Phoenix, Arizona, famous for it's extreme heat. The breathtaking beauty of the Sonoran desert makes the heat well worth it though.