Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Earthquake!

Where you at? And what time was this? I thought I felt something too.

I missed an earthquake in California! They must be as fun as the ones in Japan. My whole house moves!

I missed an earthquake in California!  They must be as fun as the ones in Japan.  My whole house moves!

Sorry you missed it Odie, it was fun! (though I do hope no-one was injured or suffered property damage) It was just like a wave at the beach, I felt the wave approaching from my right (west), it lifted me up in my chair as it went under then I dropped down the other face.

I still remember the sound of it, things on my right began to rattle first then the crest went by while I watched and heard my screen lift and make crackle sounds and finally things to my left were making noise at it departed to my left.

I missed an earthquake in California!  They must be as fun as the ones in Japan.  My whole house moves!

Sorry you missed it Odie, it was fun! (though I do hope no-one was injured or suffered property damage) It was just like a wave at the beach, I felt the wave approaching from my right (west), it lifted me up in my chair as it went under then I dropped down the other face.

I still remember the sound of it, things on my right began to rattle first then the crest went by while I watched and heard my screen lift and make crackle sounds and finally things to my left were making noise at it departed to my left.

All the earthquakes that I have been in Japan was either watching T.V. or on my computer. :) I hope no one got injured.

Edited by Odie

:) Geez am I glad I'm no where near such an occurrence. The thought of a earthquake terrifies me. :) In Ohio we have tornadoes and such but at least you can see or hear them coming. Daniel wanted to move west once but I told him if it's to California he was moving alone.

Edited by BlueCrystal

Yep, Shake, rattle and roll. I felt it too. I was standing in my room and all of the sudden I heard this roll rumble noise and instinctively I knew what was coming next.

60 miles west of Tijuana, close to Rosarita Beach and early reports are saying that it was 5.2 on the richter scale.

I'm down in San Diego and we felt it really well. So far no damage reports here.

Edited by Vulcan IDIC

We just had a rumbler! Shook the house for 5 seconds, WHATTA RIDE! It'll make the news tonight for sure!

Same Here since I live in San Diego, CA!

Wow AE, hope aftershocks will be small. Hope no one was hurt.

I was in a couple of Earthquakes (in California) many years ago. We had just gotten in the car and the ground started to shake. The fool that I am, I jumped out of the car so I could see what it felt like beneath my feet. It is wild to feel the ground rolling beneath your feet - that was stupid because of power lines etc but I'm still glad I experienced that.

The second earthquake - I was rooted firmly in the arch of the hallway :)

PM 60 miles west of Tijuana, close to Rosarita Beach and early reports are saying that it was 5.2 on the richter scale.

I'm down in San Diego and we felt it really well. So far no damage reports here.

Yep, that's the same info I'm hearing along with some mention of a few smaller precursor events that I didn't feel at all.

We just had a rumbler! Shook the house for 5 seconds, WHATTA RIDE! It'll make the news tonight for sure!

Same Here since I live in San Diego, CA!

COOL! :)

Wow AE, hope aftershocks will be small. Hope no one was hurt.

I was in a couple of Earthquakes (in California) many years ago. We had just gotten in the car and the ground started to shake. The fool that I am, I jumped out of the car so I could see what it felt like beneath my feet. It is wild to feel the ground rolling beneath your feet - that was stupid because of power lines etc but I'm still glad I experienced that.

No reports of injuries and only minor damage reported.

Felt one AS about twenty mins later but it barley budged my chair; it was a shade shaker is all.

That is why I got so excited over this one, usually they happen in the dead of night. Being awake to experience this one was akin to something like being in the physical presence of God.

The second earthquake - I was rooted firmly in the arch of the hallway  :) 

:)

I'm in the Mid-West but we are all connected, I knew I felt something earlier today, but it was just a little shake. We have tiny little tremors here once in a while, nothing big like the west coast though. I'm just North of Tornado Alley. We get the edges of a tornado's run, rips trees right of the ground and we get alot of water spouts on Lake Michigan, those a re pretty to watch, they are usually small and disipate before the ever get close to the shoreline. Lots of rainbows :) Is the storm over now AE?

Edited by Jeanway

:) Geez am I glad I'm no where near such an occurrence.  The thought of a earthquake terrifies me.  :)  In Ohio we have tornadoes and such but at least you can see or hear them coming.  Daniel wanted to move west once but I told him if it's to California he was moving alone.

:( (<about the moving alone part)

I think no matter where you are mother nature has some means to get at you.

I think being in a major earthquake is my destiny because of a childhood recurring dream. In the dream I am suddenly lying amidst the rubble of what was my home or apt, I'm groggy and wondering what the heck just happened. Nothing is wet so it wasn't a tidal wave nor was it raining. Then I wake up.

I still live in earthquake country and probably always will so if the dream was a premonition then it must be of a future quake. At least I know I'll survive, wish I had the same knowledge for my family members. :) I wonder, should I get us outta dodge or face our (possible) fate what-ever it may be... I'm inclined to stay because if it was a view of future history then there's no where to run to.

That's so funny AE, I have a recurring dream that I fall off an open bridge into the water and drown. :)

That's so funny AE, I have a recurring dream that I fall off an open bridge into the water and drown. :)

I have several dreams of going over the Niagara Falls! :)

Edited by Odie

Here in Monrovia, (southern CA) we didn't feel anything. There's granite under us here, so we don't feel quakes too much unless they're fairly big, or fairly close.

No fair, I miss earthquakes! Not the huge ones of course but most are fun. My sister and I used to bet on what it would rate on the richter scale before we'd turn on the news. :laugh:

That's so funny AE, I have a recurring dream that I fall off an open bridge into the water and drown. :laugh:

I have several dreams of going over the Niagara Falls! :o

In a barrel Odie, or are you free-fallin? :laugh:

I was in the bay are of California during the '89 quake. I gained a new and profound respect for architects and engineers....the building designed to sway indeed did sway (rather than collapse.)

That's so funny AE, I have a recurring dream that I fall off an open bridge into the water and drown. :laugh:

I have several dreams of going over the Niagara Falls! :o

In a barrel Odie, or are you free-fallin? :laugh:

Free-falling. I wake-up before I hit the water bellow.

Last night I had a very lucid dream thanks to the Nic Patch(really got to remember to take it off before I hit the bed)

Not me but myself and some friends were trapped in a house that wouldn't let us out, and finally a friend of mine dicided to jump otu the front door over a chasm, and fell.