Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

Will Data Be Resurrected?

Will Data Be Resurrected?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Data Be Resurrected?

• Yes, somehow someway?
    • No, hes scrapmetal?

im sorry! i love data and i have to love b4 and lore because its still brent spiner! sorry. lol. :oops: :blink: :laugh:

just think of the song:

"why cant we be friends? why cant we be friends? why cant we be friends? why cant we be friends?" lol.

im sorry! i love data and i have to love b4 and lore because its still brent spiner! sorry. lol.  :oops:  :blink:  :laugh:

just think of the song:

"why cant we be friends? why cant we be friends? why cant we be friends? why cant we be friends?" lol.

Of course we are all friends and sometimes friends disagree but that doesn't mean they aren't still friends. grouphug.gif

Bring back Data (in a legitimate manner) so we can all be happy again!!!

im sorry! i love data and i have to love b4 and lore because its still brent spiner! sorry. lol.  :oops:  :blink:  :laugh:

just think of the song:

Of course we are all friends and sometimes friends disagree but that doesn't mean they aren't still friends. grouphug.gif

I agree with Takara

And bysty...OMG! That song was in the short film Attack of the ChubbChubbs(the cartoon before Men In Black II)!!! I loved that cartoon! "Hey, you guys are little fuzzy quesinarts. Do you like karaoke?"

O.K. Soong sisters, don't persecute me for this but ...people die, it is a fact of life. Data wanted to be human more than anything. What else could make him come closer to being human than sacrificing himself for his "family"; not to mention earth and whatever else the Remans were planning on conquering. I wish they never killed data but since they did we must go on. The first step is acceptance.

O.K. Soong sisters, don't persecute me for this but ...people die, it is a fact of life. Data wanted to be human more than anything. What else could make him come closer to being human than sacrificing himself for his "family"; not to mention earth and whatever else the Remans were planning on conquering. I wish they never killed data but since they did we must go on. The first step is acceptance.

I agree with what you say. You know what they say "the first step is the most difficult" :blink: I can't speak for my sisters but for me the desire to have Data brought back is the same as I feel about anyone I have lost (to differing degrees). Have you lost a friend, family member or pet and wished more than anything that you could open the door and there they would be. The emotions regarding Data are different for me but the loss is still there. I have lost people that I have "accepted" their death in my head but my heart will always ache for them. :huh:

PS Just for clarification, I have never denied being nuts but I do know the difference between a fictional character and a real person. :laugh:

I believe that if Data is brought back, they will do something like say that Data somehow transferred more than just memories to B4, infact, his entire program. So, in effect, there's 2 programs inside B4. This would allow Data to return as Brent Spiner or a new actor.

Again, that's if they decide to bring him back. If there's not a 5th TNG movie, I say he should rest in piece. Spock had the Genesis planet... Data has the transfer... This is Star Trek, ya never know! :laugh:

This would allow Data to return as Brent Spiner or a new actor.

new actor? yuck i sure hope not. if data is not played by brent spiner i probably wont watch the movie. well, unless brent has an identical twin with the exact same acting skill and knowledge of data as brent does. im going to say probably not though. lol.

COME BACK DATA! FOR ONE MOVIE! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BRENT!

This would allow Data to return as Brent Spiner or a new actor.

new actor? yuck i sure hope not. if data is not played by brent spiner i probably wont watch the movie. well, unless brent has an identical twin with the exact same acting skill and knowledge of data as brent does. im going to say probably not though. lol.

COME BACK DATA! FOR ONE MOVIE! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BRENT!

Yes definately YUCK! If Data is not portrayed by Brent...then he isn't Data, he is another character! If you change the actor you change the character..

ya just like savek in st 2 then st 3. i just couldnt accept robin curtis as savik because she has such a different acting style then kirstie alley. i like kristie alley much better. personally i though robin curtis sucked at being a vulcan. lol.

Yeah I agree, changing Saavik made no sense and then they never explained why she looked completely different, as if us the audience would never know the difference!! Yeah, right!

lol. 'bags of mostly water'. wasnt that on some tng episode? some flashing light entity said it.

anyways, maybe for the next movie lore will somehow be reactivated (i dont know if thats possible - i dont have any idea of what happened to him in the show. is he still out there?) and he will coerce b4 into being hating the tng crew and they will have to destroy them by the end of the movie. i just want the data things to be over with. i want brent spiner in one more movie, and then cut off all possibilities of him coming back. i love data, but we cant have a tng version of the search for spock.

Yup, Home Soil (loved that ep)

AH! The chubchubs! That was great!!

As for Data played by someone who was not Brent, well you all know my opinion of Brent - and I don't think anyone else anywhere ever could fill 1/4 of his shoes!! It would ruin Data!

I don't think people mind too much if you call him a machine...I mean, he is! But when you say JUST a machine, it minimalizes him! As for B4, would you kill a mentally disabled person because they weren't as smart as someone else? No, they have just as much of a right to live as anyone else, and so does B4 (It's just a comparison - not meant to offend, or make it seem like I'm offended)

I think that;s about everything....

And cptwright..I am not trying to start a fight..I just thought it was cruel(towards B4) how bysty worded his post is all.

i didnt mean to impy that anyone was getting nasty, as my lol, and smiley implied i was just trying to bring a light airy feeling to the debate to break it up a little. thats all. :innocent:

lol. 'bags of mostly water'. wasnt that on some tng episode? some flashing light entity said it.

anyways, maybe for the next movie lore will somehow be reactivated (i dont know if thats possible - i dont have any idea of what happened to him in the show. is he still out there?) and he will coerce b4 into being hating the tng crew and they will have to destroy them by the end of the movie. i just want the data things to be over with. i want brent spiner in one more movie, and then cut off all possibilities of him coming back. i love data, but we cant have a tng version of the search for spock.

Yup, Home Soil (loved that ep)

AH! The chubchubs! That was great!!

As for Data played by someone who was not Brent, well you all know my opinion of Brent - and I don't think anyone else anywhere ever could fill 1/4 of his shoes!! It would ruin Data!

I don't think people mind too much if you call him a machine...I mean, he is! But when you say JUST a machine, it minimalizes him! As for B4, would you kill a mentally disabled person because they weren't as smart as someone else? No, they have just as much of a right to live as anyone else, and so does B4 (It's just a comparison - not meant to offend, or make it seem like I'm offended)

I think that;s about everything....

I agree with your statements regarding B4 dsbs!!

As the moderator of this forum I am asking nicely, let's try to stay on topic here please. And people, please play nice.

I REALLY hope that they can find a way, any way, to bring back Data, He is a great character, and I was really disappointed to see him,............I can't say it.

Data himself did not believe that "HE" could be stored in a computer and survive. (i.e., Measure of a Man) so I kind of doubt that he could be even "stored" in B4 as more then what they thought they were transferring. After all, we are talking about Data and Geordi, not some third year cadet here. Those two knew what they were doing. What was transferred was just what they wanted to be transferred and nothing more, cuz Geordi was not comfortable with it in the first place, he would not have done MORE, but he many and tried for LESS. They did not know at the time that Data would die.

Data himself did not believe that "HE" could be stored in a computer and survive. (i.e., Measure of a Man) so I kind of doubt that he could be even "stored" in B4 as more then what they thought they were transferring. After all, we are talking about Data and Geordi, not some third year cadet here. Those two knew what they were doing. What was transferred was just what they wanted to be transferred and nothing more, cuz Geordi was not comfortable with it in the first place, he would not have done MORE, but he many and tried for LESS. They did not know at the time that Data would die.

I agree, not only was that mentioned in Measure of Man, I believe it was menitoned once again in Ship In A Bottle(or which ever had Moriarty returning, and they disussed making it so the program would continue running) as well as a couple others including The Offspring.

Yes Data has to be back. For a couple reasons. First if they ever want to make another movie. Second he was in the final of the series where picard was jumping back and forth in time. it showed him trying to look older with gray in his hair. and also with picard an old man.

Would make the series ending stupid.

:bag: They are probally going to pull a -done b4 Spock coming back in ST3

Data comes back in B4's memories..

BLAH

i do not think that data will ever come back.. but maybe. but you know he is still alive in b-4.. and in the entire crew of the enterprise.. and hes alive in us.. *sniff* i cried in theater when he died.. :) and that whas when i had a huge crush on him! geez.. that was creepy.. you stay away from all the spoilers and you dont read the script you have saved on your computer only to see the hottest bot in exsistance get blown up.. :bag:

Yes Data has to be back. For a couple reasons. First if they ever want to make another movie. Second he was in the final of the series where picard was jumping back and forth in time. it showed him trying to look older with gray in his hair. and also with picard an old man.

Would make the series ending stupid.

but that was only one possible way that things could have gone.. do you remeber at the end they were talking about how come picard told them about it. data him self said that it was one possible future and since the anti-time thing doesnt exsist any more so that furture wont happen.. i think thats what he said.. *shrugs*

CRIED?!

I started yelling at the screen! Darn writers should be shot ofr steeling the whole Spock-dies plot line!