Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrWho42

The Days The Doctor Dwells In...

Don't fret doc it won't be all that bad. If we could download stuff into our brains we would be borg  :lol:  I know the entire sleeping thing kinda stinks but everyone has to do it and if you don't we'd worry. Oh and see what I learned

:rockon:    smiliees!!!    B)    :thumbup:    :band:  Finally!

259459[/snapback]

I'll adapt to returning back to school-life... :lol: We don't need to be cybernetic to have information downloaded into our brains... It can be done in other ways...

....Although I don't think we've progressed that far that we can compress 3 years of careful studying at school into 3 minutes... Cool idea though. :bow:

Back to topic... ("Dr. OFF-topic"-Sman.. :bow:)

I'll have to think about whether I'd be an introvert this year, or aim to be an extrovert... Or try to anyways.. :bow:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

What am I to do doc? If I need some technical advise while you are in school. :lol: Altereego was good enouph to PM me and instruct me in the ways of smilees. I'll miss you I guess we can read each others posts, until I get my home pc up. Did you used to go by another Dr. name at ST.COM?

I'll miss going to this board as much, but I'll eventually find the time to come round... B)

Before the Great Migration, where in which the Starfleet Lounge was lost to the scheduled Special Chatting events ^_^ , I was known as: doctorwho42avenger...

And as that Thursday began to approach towards us, we sailed our ships over the cyberspatial sea and found the land of StarTrekFans.net...

The post-Migration tales are remembered by some people, me, Rivendells_king... I don't think we had any bards, so non of them wrote songs about the journey here... :(

....But we had the Bar, which isn't really named anything of late... Although RK claims it is called the Green Dragon. :cool1:

Also, during the Early Days of the Loungers colonizing STF.net, there were these entities which are most usually named: Mod Gods, Room Gods, Lounge Gods....

As some of us described them, or at least I, it was:

S/He who spoke in red with no username

These Mod God sightings seemed to died down a bit after awhile...

But recent reports (actually, only the reports I make.. :P ) tell of Mod God sightings of late, and one of an angry one at those who no longer believe in him...

...Or her.. I remember a sighting of a Room Goddess... Awhile back though.

I guess Apollo returns again to the crew of the STF.net... ^_^

I guess that's my bit of Chat Room history, as told from the Lounge that got swallowed up by the waters, the Great Migration, and the Lounger colonization... :lol: :dude:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 5 September 2004 A.D., Sunday

0.59 PST Earthican-time...|0.59 PST Earthican-time...

Oh my, I seemed to have missed a day to make a post... :clap:

*chuckles* Well, not much I can say for today, although that has barely started out for me...

Although, according to this Russian scientist (I think), there is a 6.4 Richter-scale earthquake coming for those who live on and nearby the San Andreas fault-line...

:) Jaz thought I lived in the British Isles...

Earthquake? In the British Isles?? Crazy!!!
As for yesterday...

Satyrday went well, I got to see an episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus later into that day. :b-day:

It ended with the sketch where the man is looking for Room 12-A for an argument...

Slept most of the day. Great fun. :laugh:

Dream was about a boat on a river... (I wasn't able to see any cellophane flowers of yellow and green, unfortunately...)

The boat glided over the waters a bit.. I also remembered I talked to someone in some living room with a DVD of The Avengers playing...

Due to my sleeping, I missed out in the first half of the Steven Gregory chat, but I did get in, and asked an unanswered question. :b-day: I guess he didn't know the answer, it didn't bother me.

Chatted to quite a number of people, and I rewatched two episodes of Lexx...

"4.04 Stan Down".

"4.05 Xevivor".

.....I guess I liked the first better, but what I was asking..

What is up with those carrot aliens who like to take over the human via the...? *coughs*

Hmmmm, the Lexx almost ate Holland, but I remember in a next episode, it eventually does...

Before that... There was an episode I seem to enjoy, about one of those planets that goes by the Hodgkin's Law of Parallel Planet Development...

"The Omega Glory" [TOS].

The Kohms vs. the Yangs... I guess it's the alternative future I seemed to enjoy, or something..

Over-all, I think Saturday went well, still have that earthquake to look forward to... :laugh:

School still starts: 7 September though...

...Oh joy. :)

Doubleplusgood morning. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

...nI sllewD rotcoD ehT syaD ehT

To Be Continued......

Oh yes... Might I add, I enjoyed the episode of The Prisoner I saw at 2 o'clock on Saturday morning...

It was the episode of "Checkmate". Pretty good, we finally get to see who No.42 is... :)

He was doing his job of painting this house...

I won't make this a lengthy post about this episode...

Usually, I make myself watch the same episode 3 times, in order to fully understand what the episode means and neat little details. :laugh:

====================================post-812-1092054415.gif

And to mention this neat site on Catastrophism (the study of the way the world shall end :b-day: ), here's a site...

Click For Spoiler
LOGOgeelopzwart.gif
It's quite an interesting website, and I'd suggest someone at least skim through the sections...

Hehe, good ol' Planet X... I'll also be reading this one...

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1094371983.jpg
lastresort.jpg42.gif

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 6 September 2004 A.D., Tuesday

4.10 PST Earthican-time...|4.10 PST Earthican-time...

In about 3-2 hours, I shall be needing to get to school... dry.gif

I'll need to get my backpack ready.. (Okay, I was supposed to do that earlier... Procrastonation. dry.gif)

And I guess I'll be reading this Alfred Bester anthology.

bester97.jpg

It seems quite interesting, although I might read that Lost Era novel by David R. George later on...

Hmmmm, I remember Walter Koenig played a character called Alfred Bester of the Psi Corp on Babylon 5....

....Anyways, in other news..

My room is now cleaner... Discluding the closet, the mess migrated there, but I'll let it be since it seems a more endangered species.

Bookshelves seem more orderly now.

Containing the neat number of 530 books, that discludes comic books, magazines, and short-story anthology magazines.

And at the moment...

Just finished watching the TOS episode: "Bread and Circuses", and I still very much indeed want the TOS DVD set for Season 1, and 2... And also 3, despite Sman's avoidance of that season. :b-day:

Also listening to this episode of George Noory Coast to Coast AM about various predictions for next year...

:b-day: I missed the one concerning 2012 A.D.

Oh well.

I hope one of my comrades at school has that Twilight Zone Season 1 DVD-set... He claimed he'd let me borrow it..

Hmmmmm, I wonder how this school-year shall go... (Doesn't know which emoticon shows one pondering, so he'll just put up one of a Cylon since they're cool.) post-812-1092049970.gif

strange but interesting gernal Who :-P keep it up;-)

260248[/snapback]

:b-day: Thanx. :b-day:

The main-word is: strange, and the main-mispelling is: journal. :b-day:

Well wish me luck (or something...) at school, and a plusgood morning to you. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Doc you sound so excited about school! Just kidding. Well, good luck! I can't find that clylon smilee so this will be you on your way to school :sadwalk:

Well, good luck!

260952[/snapback]

Thanx. :laugh:

School went well for me, still need to get some school supplies...

I would have added some more to this log earlier, but I was so tired with a headache, so I went to sleep at 3 P.M. and woke up around 4 A.M....

Anyways, it's almost time for me to catch the bus.... :huh:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Have another great day at school doc. Hope everything keeps going good, and get your school supplies, how you supposed to color without your crayons. Hehe Just kidding. :laugh:: :huh:

I just went to that web site you have posted on your member panel log about the future. It was great. I got a lot of good laughs. It made me a little sad also. Because I really thought by 2004 our cars and homes would be a little more advanced. I read somewhere that if man had kept growing in technology and flight the way it had over the past 50 years we should have inherited the solar system by now, and visited every planet. Money is the biggest factor holding us back. Oh well enouph of my ranting I hope school is going good today.

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 8 September 2004 A.D., Wednesday

16.58 PST Earthican-time...|16.58 PST Earthican-time...

School went well today, and I got the basic supplies needed like 5 folders. :clap:

English will probably be my favourite, although some of the other classes I'd look forward to also... Taking Psychology this year. :)

By-the-way, Alfred Bester is a great author! :huh:

Great writing I have read. :huh:

I've been reading his short-story from the year 1953, called: "Disappearing Act".

So far it holds the flavour of the first American civil war, although the tale takes place in the year: A.D. 2112.

The war happens to be called the War for the American Dream...

It's great. :huh:

:laugh: My two blockhead "friends"... They whistle at alot of people, although I found it quite funny when one of them accidentally whistles at one of the teachers when she's right in front of them...

"Idiot..." *punches him*

They tend to stand around, or such... I just try to ignore them as I read my novel, and look like I am not with them since people tend to think very little good of them...

They don't even like the things I do anyways. :blink:

I'll probably be studying and/or eat pizza later on... Hehe, drinking soda from my Lord of the Rings goblet... :o It's from the year 2001..

I'll probably find some time to post a little more also. :huh:

A doubleplusgood Day unto you. thumbsup.gif

P.S. Glad you liked the site listed, and thank you. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Good to here school is going well. I liked psychology as well. :yes:

A Lord of the Rings Goblet :waaaa: I want one! Well, have another good day and keep on reading. It does the soul good to know people still actually read "books" these days. :wacko:

animation.gif

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 9 September 2004 A.D., Thursday

This must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
21.52 PST Earthican-time...|21.52 PST Earthican-time...

Hehe, I love you too Janie. :wacko:

Have been missing hearing from you lately... sad.gif Busy and such, although I'd assume you're in the same situation.

The goblet is neat. :lol: It has the optionable red-glowing light thingy (it constantly reminds me of the HAL 9000 computer...)

Click For Spoiler
hal.jpg
But frankly, it's a bit frivolous, and who needs a goblet with a tiny red light on the bottom illuminating the glass....

OK, some of those who are reading this.... dry.gif

....Anyways. School went particularly well again for me today.

It was a bit of an deviation from the usual constant of sunny Californian days due to the rain-clouds that arrived. For some reason, the grayer the sky gets, the more my mood gets headed to a good mood... :look:

So I was feeling quadrupleplusgood... ^_^ I was finding my arithmetic homework enjoyable (to an obvious extent).... That was a bit odd.

In English class I learned that, according to this theory... Of the teacher's of course, although I doubt it's copyrighted... *looks 'round suspiciously*

The first born of a family tends to work alone, while the second born prefers to work in groups... It seems to apply well with me, although I don't mind groups, I guess I'm quite happy being with any group of my comrades, besides the blockhead duo at lunchtime... :)

But I'm quite happy how things are turning out now. :)

I guess the only problem I had with today was the fact the pizza tasted more like lasagna, and I was planning to eat pizza that tasted like pizza... dry.gif

My cat didn't find it much good either, although he did try eating a pepporoni slice.

:wacko: A bit of my review on an Alfred Bester short-story...

Click For Spoiler
Oh, and I finished the short-story: "Disappearing Act".

Fantastic read! Seemed like the cities of 2112 United States are burrowed from the U-bombed remains of what used to be metropolises... The U.S. also became a nation of experts in order to benefit our survival in the War for the American Dream...

We must become a nation of experts. Every man and woman must be a specific tool for a specific job, hardened and sharpened by your training and education to win the fight for the American Dream.

There doesn't really seem to be a reason explained for this war, although it says this fight is meant to preserve: “civilization, culture, poetry, and the only things worth preserving.”

Although, towards the end of the short-story, we learn that in this so-called: "War for the American Dream", in this fight to preserve these ideals, they have forgotten what these ideals truly meant...

I won't spoil the end for you though... :) Unless you make a special request.

I seem to have written up enough for tonight, unless someone comes 'round to reply or inquire on anything... Or make a comment, either random or on-topic.. :waaaa:

Good night. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

I want a LOTR goblet :crybaby: especially one that reminds you of the Hal 9000 computer! "Just what do you think you're doing Dave? Why don't you take a relaxation pill and lie down for awhile" I haven't seen that movie in ages. I have to watch it now. Oh I don't have it. Oh and Doc the theory about 2nd born working in groups. :waaaa: I work well alone. My brother is a jerk so I can't speak for him though. And math Yikes :wacko: never liked it. Let me demonstrate

1+1=5 :wacko: it's not that bad but I still don't like it. Have a good one.

priK024.jpg

Phase II

No.6 listening to "L'Arlésienne"...

..:[ The Prisoner, "Hammer into Anvil" (First aired in: Friday the 1st December 1967 A.D. at 19.30) ]:..

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 11 September 2004 A.D., Satyrday

11.49 PST Earthican-time...|11.549 PST Earthican-time...

Of late, I've been mostly looking at my LiveJournal account...

:wow: Finally learned the difference between join a group and monitor one... :wow:

Also was eating potatoe chips with my cat awhile ago... He's underneath my bed now sleeping and such likewise..

Today's current entry shall focus upon yesterday, so I shall set in the coordinates for the Way-Back Machine...

Click For Spoiler
peabody.jpg
Yesterday...

First Friday of the school year, which was good. Went well also. Finished up this one rather interesting short-story by Alfred Bester (review will come later into this log), saw an episode of The Prisoner and Star Trek: Enterprise (both reruns, one 'bout forty-years older than the other... tongue.gif), and some other things...

In Advanced Algebra class, me and a comrade were setting up a script involving dysfunctional fairly tale characters in an insane asylum... For some reason, we made Hansel French... Originally, he was going to be Russian. :huh:

...Yeah, we're weird. :hug:

Other stuff happened in school, blah blah, not too interesting (to the reader), I could make up another adventure involving my crusade against the Morlocks in the future year of A.D. 802,701. :yes:

The reader: :blink:

...Fine, dry.gif.

After school, mum made me look for more pant to buy..

Utterly boring event. frusty.gif

At least I got Jim his catfood, and I got this copy of: The Original Illustrated Sherlock Holmes... thumbsup.gif

Since I'm reaching a part of my writing where Writer's Block comes in, I'll make my review for yesterday's finished short-story finished...

"Oddy and Id", written by Alfred Bester, published in the August 1950 of Astounding Science Fiction.

Click For Spoiler
Asf5008.jpg
Click For Spoiler
Well, actually, in that edition of: Astounding Science Fiction, it was titled "The Devil's Invention", due to the editor's obsession with "dianetics", who was, at the time, John W. Campbell... ...Anyways, about the story..

Since this was written in the year 1950, and not after 1961, this cannot be a rip-off of the Twilight Zone episode: "It's a Good Life".

This tale describes a certain Oddy. A boy by the name of Odysseus Gaul, who is particularly very lucky... So much so, that this in turn will lead the rest of the world into destruction.. Anything he desires, will come to him by "pure chance". Originally, four scholars thought of him as an angel, someone who could save the world during the War of Resources... The setting is the 30th century.

In the end, we learn that he is a monster, even though Oddy thinks he is doing good for humanity, it is his Id, his subconscious that controls the Universe to his selfish demands.

So Oddy's luck proves disasterous to the rest of humanity, but not to himself, since he never has seen anything bad from his Power.

Next short-story shall be: "Star Light, Star Bright".

Published in the July 1950 edition of: The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction.

Click For Spoiler
Emsh-01.jpeg
After those mostly uninteresting trips with my mum, I got home, and did various miscellaneous things...

Usually, I watch Sliders, but they're into the Season 5 episodes, and I'm not really in the mood to be watching those..

I talked to a few friends, and then went to sleep until 1900 hour. At that time, I watched an episode of The Prisoner.

Episode: "Hammer into Anvil".

Click For Spoiler
Click For Spoiler
prisnr12.jpg

Filming of "Hammer into Anvil".

The neat thing about this episode is how No.6 systematically finds ways of cracking No.2, and making it seem like everyone was in a conspiracy against No.2. laughcont.gif He thought No.6's morse code of mirror/sunlight signals which translated to: "Pat a cake, pat a cake, baker's man. Bake me a cake as fast as you can." was a code. frusty.gif

It was an episode that got progressively better after some minutes.

Also got to see an episode of: Star Trek: Enterprise, which was: "Countdown" [ENT #75]. Too bad I missed "The Council. cry.gif

After that... I kinda went to sleep.. Woke up, realized it was 4 A.M., then woke down.

Hehe, talking with Janie now. Cat is asleep under me bed, I doubt he does the bogeyman's day-shift... Well, I'll end this log now.

Good day. smile.gif

EDIT: If the picture in The Prisoner episode review section of my log doesn't work, here's the picture. dry.gif

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1094931706.jpg

Zarking pictures that don't work... dry.gif

They weren't programmed to not work.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 12 September 2004 A.D., Sunday

21.05 PST Earthican-time...|21.05 PST Earthican-time...

At the moment, I, the Doctor, listening to an odd combination of Big Band/Swing music accompanied by classical music... :blush: Puccini..

Unmuch accomplished today... Thus so with yesterday.

Yesterday I was spending my day one-handedly typing out quite a good Alfred Besterian short-story. It was published in this.----V

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1094931316.jpg
:laugh: And today, I used up my day reading, in my opinion, great online comic series about a software company called: GPF...

:dude: Here's the two that starts out the 2000 Halloween strips where Nick dresses up as the Doctor (Who?)...

Link-1

Link-2

Link-3

Ooops, that was 3... ...Anyways..

I guess I did other things besides read those comics...

Um..

I watched the pilot episode for the animated/live-action series of The New Adventures of Huck Finn...

Probably a 1960s series..

My, I haven't did much all day... Well, I got Monday to look forward to. :clap:

If anyone has any questions directed unto the series: GPF, I'll gladly answer 'em. Although I have read only the ones between 1998 and 2001 so far..

Good night. smile.gif

It's AIM, by-the-way, RK. :angry:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Morlocks....good Time Machine reference doc. Advacned Algegra :clap: I must admit your brain must be larger than mine. :blush: Math is just not my thing. Now I can write poetry and quote Hamlet but math :dude: :angry: :laugh:

Good to here school going well. See you on the flip side.

:angry: Thanx, but math has never been my strong-suit... It's not my best or favourite class either, and it was my worse class yesteryear, although that was back when I was accidentally sleeping in class because I was online too long... :laugh:

But I think I'm doing better this year, and I'll probably have to learn to like it if I'd like to excel in some of the sciences I like...

Ok, this might be off-topic, but it pertains to Morlocks... :clap:

I recommend this novel to those who likes hard science-fiction, time-travel, and Herbert George Wells's The Time Machine...

Click For Spoiler
bcl_baxter_thetimeships.jpg

The Time Ships, written by Stephen Baxter.

The official sequel to The Time Machine, where in which the main-character, due his coming back to his past... Changes the future for A.D. 802,701...

A variety of interesting things happens, such as we meet more evolved Morlocks in the year 657,208 (they can talk and build spaceships... :dude:), and a temporal war with the Germans (sounds familiar? :dude:), which leads all the way into the distant past (a couple million years into yesterday) to an alternative history where the World War I is prolonged...

There is also an interesting bit where this superintelligent nanotechnology (of an alternative future where humans lived for a couple million years before 1895... :blush:) delves into the beginning of existence to remake the universe to allow it to be a multiverse...

I thought it was a good read, although it looks like a big book. :dude:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

raven05.jpg

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 13 September 2004 A.D., Monday

21.59 PST Earthican-time...|21.59 PST Earthican-time...

At the moment, watching this very cool documentary on ravens... :blush::bow:

Before that, I used up my evening rewatching these Doctor Who episodes. :dude:

A future where Earth gets used up, then Mars... So then we colonize Pluto, and build six suns around it. :dude: "In-station fusion satellites... Galileo would have been proud."-The Doctor.

School today was mostly well, although a slow day and one where I combatted the human need for sleep..

I finished this rather well-made Bester short-story on child prodigies.... Usually, I dislike the arrogant kind, but this tale involved hunting one down.

Click For Spoiler
"Star Light, Star Bright" was the title... Apparently, these children can wish people away... Without actually recognizing they rubbed people, places, things and ideas from existence.. Bit of a scary thought, although this work of fiction was made before that famous Twilight Zone episode...

"It's a Good Life".... Agh, the cornfield... :angry: Don't make me send you to the cornfield.. (:dude:)

This was a bit different though... This child (in this short-story, Stuart Buchannon) sent people to this ever-winding infinite dark-skyed road... Where people become automatons.. :laugh:

Reason why the main character was mostly called the "doomed man" all through most of the story...

Hmmm, I remember that fellow classmate talked about Donald Trump's hair-cut with me during lunch... :clap: That was an odd conversation topic, that I didn't pick out..

Hmmmm, I think I should get sleep soon now... Nearing the 10 o'clock.

Good night. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Howdy doc. Hey, last night I saw a preview for a movie. Don't remember the name of it of course. :dude: It's probably old news to you but it was about a future earth. Allot like the website you have posted on you personel file. You know the art deco future. I think it has Angela Jolene << :blush: and Brandon Frazier. It looked really cool! My first instinct was to get on line and send you a message about it but of course then I realized pc no work :angry: Oh well. Have a good day! I love the time machine!!!!!

Sorry Doc but it's too hard sorting through all that stuff in your posts so I'm just going to do copy/paste quotings...

At the moment, watching this very cool documentary on ravens...

Ooh tell me, did they explain the difference between Crows and Ravens? I've always wonder that...

Ok, this might be off-topic, but it pertains to Morlocks...

Can you be off topic in your own log Doc?

jimabe.jpg

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 14 September 2004 A.D., Tuesday

18.41 PST Earthican-time...|18.41 PST Earthican-time...

Oh it's fine, I don't mind you doing that at all AE. wink.gif

:dude: Yes, old news, but about a new movie... :blush:

Click For Spoiler

I might see it on the opening day.. I hope the film turns out as good as I expected it to be. And I'm expecting it to be good. Might help out the still mostly obscure

steam-punk genre. thumbsup.gif

To answer your first question, AE, I got to see only the very late second half of it... :dude: It was an episode of Nature.

I guess I see a difference between the two bird-types, but not specifically.. :angry: I think it's cool how they hop around and all. :laugh:

2nd question, I said it, since I thought, at the time, it wasn't pertaining to mathmatics directly... :clap: But I guess you can't be very much off-topic..

As for today, it went well. Headache entered momentarily, but was nice enough to leave without slamming a door. Although the short-story by Bester I read today wasn't really catching my interest... The title of it is: "5,271,009"..

Mostly about a man who seems to have luck and probablility aim towards him, selling paintings, and an insane painter... But I'll come up with a more appropriate review later. wink.gif

For English class, we had to pick three different people we had to invite for dinner (to write up in an essay)... The three I chose were Doctor Who, No.6, and Ford Prefect. :dude: If it had to be a real person, maybe either Rod Serling, Diana Rigg, or someone else... Oh, maybe Douglas Adams.

I loved his books. thumbsup.gif

Not much else today, but a sure highlight was getting to see the TOS episode: "The Savage Curtain". Great episode! biggrin.gif

I thought it was really neat having Abraham Lincoln be a guest character... The other historical figures were cool also. ...Kahless seemed a bit different, and I doubt he is evil... I won't mind seeing Colonel Green being mentioned in any upcoming ENT episode.

That seems to be all for the moment of today... Have a good night, and a better tomorrow. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......