Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrWho42

The Days The Doctor Dwells In...

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1095315850.jpg
Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 15 September 2004 A.D., Wednesday

23.56 PST Earthican-time...|23.56 PST Earthican-time...

Today went pretty well, although I still need to compress my essay for English class... The teacher said it was too long, so he wanted me to slice up, discard the other bits, and make each paragraph to 'bout one-hundred words. I think I could do it...

Alot of writers have been told to cut down his or her work due to the requests of the editor... Although I mostly know of one example involving Ben Bova and Spider Robinson. (Cool name, me thinks.)

I'll be switching my signature to this Meinert Hansen sketch for a certain much-liked television series I enjoy...

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1095340977.jpg
The television show is called: The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne, died after one season with its 22 episodes. post-812-1095305091.gif

My signature will still have a link to

Tales of Future Past. :)

I decided to switch it due to the oncoming movie of

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which I think should be good. Hopefully..

I'll probably go see it on this Friday. :)

During lunchtime, I read a bit more of "5,271,009"... Apparently this lucky man is a warlock whose potions comply with the Pure Food and Drug Act.

And the secondary character, an artist who was once insane, manages to avoid the hard radiation of atom bombs... Thus undamaged.

But I mostly stopped there, and ate some candy along with Marybelle and another friend. She's a fan of the good ol' TZ* and Outer Limits.

....Oh yeah, I'll need to find a birthday gift for Janie.

Hmmm, she said she'd be fine with a book..

I guess I'll get her a Marion Zimmer Bradley novel, and flowers.. She writes fantasies on Avalon, and science-fiction of the world known as Darkover.

Lady_Luthien said she was a good writer, and my dad reads it...

But any other recommendations are uber-much appreciated. :)

About 5 minutes to midnight now...

4 now..

*doesn't start a countdown*

Good night fellow STF.net-ers.smile.gif

*Twilight Zone.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

...nI sllewD rotcoD ehT syaD ehT

To Be Continued......

Well, my opinion is I loved the movie, but it is flawed in some aspects of it...

*narrowly escapes the wrath of the anti-Sky Captain fans' killer tomatoes*

They do an ubergood job for the scenery, such as Shangra-La, or when we get to see Dr. Totenkopf's space ark.

It has a nice artistic manner to it, and those who love an old science-fiction (pre-1950s, this is set in 1939) feel would enjoy this movie. Or at least some parts of it...

Watching the movie to see if it is good or not should be a good idea. :P :wacko:

A review would be appreciated. I don't care which side you take.

*Anti-fans regroup elsewhere to speak amongst themselves about the weather and who is a better player at the game of Connect Four*

lastresort.jpg42.gif

I hope it's not too corny for my brother. It looks good. If I get done with my homework, I might go.

meh...bumping something in here...a lil nothing cause you posted on my logs :eekout::sweatdrop: er...cya around...keep up the faults with me :laugh: cya

264271[/snapback]

:naughty: I'll see you around the galaxy, and that I will. :laugh:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

post-812-1095584490.jpg

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 19 September 2004 A.D., Sunday

16.03 PST Earthican-time...|16.03 PST Earthican-time...

Unmuch upon the time being...

I thinks me cat is under my bed again, avoiding the vacuum cleaner unit...

Ah, he seems a bit nervous....

Earlier, I was chatting with Scarletfire, enigmatic_mystery, and Neroli-Chasser in the STF.net Chat Room.

Neri wasn't feeling so good, since she was sad, but now she's feeling better. :hmmm:

Of the few things I accomplished this day, was that I updated my LiveJournal, watched some of the 1928 film of "Noah's Ark", and a little of my DVD-collection on film noir.

The two of the more memorable things I did yesterday was go to the Special Chatting event with the Sev Trek, and I also (re)watched the 1951 film of "The Thing From Another World". :naughty:

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1095532615.jpg

...Something funky is afoot at Antarctica..

I may update this log later... Thus so with my

LiveJournal account...

I've joined a couple of cool LJ sites...

Click For Spoiler
:nono2: Here are some neat looking icons from my Monty Python's Journal.
Click For Spoiler
sillywalk.gif

Credit unto saraken.

Click For Spoiler
Animation1.gif

Credit unto brizybdarling.

Click For Spoiler
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

5.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg

17.jpg18.jpg20.jpg

Credit unto eyekawns.

Click For Spoiler
mike.jpgdirtyfork.jpgreduniforms.jpgwanted.jpg

dontgetit.jpgdejavu.jpgbook.gifbarber.jpg

Credit unto asajas.

Click For Spoiler
mp_attila.jpgmp_baggage.jpgmp_cardinal.jpgmp_its01.jpgmp_lumberjack01.jpg

mp_melon.jpgmp_scotsman.jpgmp_sticks.jpgmp_wolfgang.jpgmp_nonose.gif

Credit unto dum_spiro.

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1095632372.gif

Credit unto eidna.

Click For Spoiler
larch.gif

Credit unto lackofendorphin.

Click For Spoiler
icon18.jpg

Credit unto felix5778.

I think I should try Xanga out sometime though.

Well, I'll end this log now.. . smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Hmm. Your report of SkyCaptain has brought me to the conclusion to wait for the DVD. But I still think I'm gonna love the movie because of the art work alone.

I wanna see it at the theater but with so many things releasing on DVD this month (TOS 1, Star Wars Trilogy, VOY 4) extra money is a big issue latley. Unless it stays in theaters for quite a while then I'll be forced to wait.

Ooops, forgot what thread I was on. :naughty:

Unmuch for today, likewise with yesterday.

Drinking goblet ---> Ice water.

Free food yesterday, hooray. Though I *technically* it wasn't meant for me... :)

Pocket-protectors are cool. Thus so with space pens. :laugh:

Just retaken the THE GEEK TEST...

:laugh: Up to 43.58974% now... Better than before, and shall improve a several fold in the future, most likely.....

:) Oh yeah... I forgot I was taking a break from homework.. :laugh:

New signature. :)

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Free food is always a good thing! :hug:

Good to hear from you doc. What is the percentage # for? :lol:

266072[/snapback]

The percentage is for the score I got on THE GEEK TEST... But I think I still need improving. :hug:

hehe - I've finally seen an advert on tv for Sky Captain. Might go see it :(

I got a good score on the geek test :( 4.something. People reckoned it was a fix but I'll go take it again then:P

*takes test*

Score: 4.14201%

I am a: Poser

I scored less than yesterday.....weird....hehe :laugh: See - it aint a fix!

I have just retaken the geek test. :laugh:

Click For Spoiler
I got 50.09862% I am a Super Geek! :( :(

I just read on the news about a earthquake close to your location on the member map. Everybody ok? I hope so. Let us know.

An earthquake? Dear me, I seemed to have missed that one.. :b-day:

Oh well.

I'm expecting Asteroid 4179 Toutatis to come 'round tomorrow...

Should be interesting. :b-day:

EDIT: The radio just said that 6.4 Richter-scale earthquake happened today...

Although, I didn't feel it, it may have affected a different region of California...

They didn't say anything about it being connected to the prediction where the earthquake was supposed to happen at 5 September..

But the earthquake still happened, and had the right number on the Richter-scale...

It seems they just made a mistake on the date.

Hmm, well the map that ABCNEW.COM showed real close to you on your member map location. Then this morning I saw it was much further north. Good to hear you are ok though. :b-day: I wish they would give asteroids and such more news coverage. It's very upsetting when they don't :b-day: I mean one could just completly destory the planet. But it's not news worthy is it. ( I know nobody likes a smart ---) :b-day:

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1096513000.jpg
Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 2 October 2004 A.D., Saturday

0.46 PST Earthican-time...|0.46 PST Earthican-time...

My, it's been awhile since I've updated my log...

Since this is the very beginning of today, I'll review what happened the day before.

It wasn't a particularly good day, for a variety of reasons (no sleep, bad headache, no tea, et cetera :clap:). But it was dress like the style of the 1950s day, which I guess was fun, though I didn't dress any differently.

My friend, Marybelle (sp?), seemed more like late 1940s, but I wasn't complaining. :laugh: At least I was winning at Uno during lunch-time.

Some other things happened at school that I can't seem to recall... I remembered someone bought a pocket-protector from me for a dollar.. Though I bought three of them for the low price of $ 0.98 (per package). :clap:

Not much happened after school, besides my usual three mile walk back to home.

Earlier, however, I got to chat with one of my newer friends, Heron, and I got to talk to our guest of the Ghost Research Society, Dale David Kaczmarek.

He was simply testing out the chat room at 23.00.

As for right now...

I guess I am waiting for Neri to come online, or something interesting to occur till then...

Hmmmm, I'm in the mood for an old B-movie... Well, good morning unto you.

End log. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 16 October 2004 A.D., Saturday

19.46 PST Earthican-time...|19.46 PST Earthican-time.

It appears I haven't updated this thread in quite awhile.....

The latest main things I've done today was purchase 71 books at my local library's book-sale, and finished reading this about The Geek Code v3.12.. Which I think they really should update now, since v3.12 seems more ancient now...

Got quite a number of Star Trek books, and now my collection of books contains 665 books.... Simply one away from 666. :(

Mostly now, I'm chatting with Heron on various things, Mr. Bean, trivia, et cetera...

Just felt like adding a new post to this log. smile.gif

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 22 October 2004 A.D., Friday

23.25 PST Earthican-time...|23.25 PST Earthican-time.

Hello all. :P

A few things have happened to me in my recent past, and I've seemed to have discovered this genre of music... Filk” music.

Click For Spoiler
filk_com_banner.gif

• Filk music is perhaps one of the most underground music styles because it's almost impossible to find. Coming from the world of science fiction and fantasy fandom, the music can only be found, for sale or live, at Science Fiction conventions, a handful of stores, and here on the Internet.

WHAT IS FILK MUSIC?

Nothing can start an argument faster than trying to answer this question. The simplest definition is that FILK = Science Fiction folk music. It is a mixture of song parodies and original music, humorous and serious, about subjects like science fiction, fantasy, computers, cats, politics, the space program, books, movies, TV shows, love, war, death. . . You get the idea.

Right now, it's some music from the series of Forever Knight, and before that, a song entitled: “The Ballad of Jack the Ripper”..

A discovery made before this one, which quite annoyed me, is that I found out that my Original Series Trek uniform will come in a month, and not by Halloween. :frusty:

Did poorly on this test at math, prolly not so bad for Psychology (since I hardly studied), but I think my grades are salvageable, and to begin with, they were either at a high A or B+ to begin with.

Oh, and one more thing to add: I got a DVD-collection of The Twilight Zone. :huh:

Well, that's all for now... Besides my realization that Bill and Ted become monumental figures in our history.. :laugh:

Probe 7 — Over and Out.

Just chatting with ragingtarg and Heron right now. :P

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 24.5 October 2004 A.D., Sunday

19.19 PST Earthican-time...|19.19 PST Earthican-time.

Back with a new entry for this week-end’s edition of my personal log. ;)

So far, this week-end was spent for the most part sleeping or listening to filk music. :look:

Prolly could have visited Trivia yesterday, but I went to the library that day... :( But I do have more books, but I seem to get new books usually. ;)

Also, with some of the coins in my pockets, I bought a couple movies on DVD. :) :laugh:

Click For Spoiler
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari” [1920].

Dementia 13” [1963].

The Hunchback of Notre Dame” [1923].

The Giant Gila Monster [1959].

Jesse James Meets Frankenstein’s Daughter” [1966].

Last Man On Earth” [1964].

Night of the Living Dead” [1968].

Nosferatu [1922].

The Phantom of the Opera” [1925].

Scared to Death” [1947].

The Terror” [1963].

Tormented” [1960].

Besides that, I also got a few other things, but nothing really worth mentioning... Besides this towel, though you wouldn’t get the reference if you haven’t read/watched/listened to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. :eek:

Still pretty annoyed that I didn’t get my TOS uniform yet, but I’ll find something for a replacement... Or just wait for the Great Pumpkin to come.

End log.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Click For Spoiler
c-logo.jpg
Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 29.5 October 2004 A.D., Friday

21.58 PST Earthican-time...|21.58 PST Earthican-time.

About sometime ago, I've finished watching the latest episode of Star Trek: Enterprise, which I've found particularly good since they insert a good portion on genetic engineering in the 20th century, and re-encountering species such as the Klingons and the Orions was quite nice also. :cloud9:

I don't know if many of you have taken a visit to this website, but I used to frequent it back when I was much into nanotechnology and its possible benefits unto humanity... I guess the word is: “transhumanism”.

Click For Spoiler
logo_50x250.gif

Of this week, not a great deal, though, I tend to say that much.. Last night, I watched the 1991 Terry Gilliam film of “The Fisher King”, and a few nights ago, I watched 1983's “The Meaning of Life” (so far, I have seen only two Monty Python films. :laugh:

The other being: 1971's “And Now For Something Completely Different”.)

Personally, I thought the short of “The Crimson Permanent Assurance” was great, where in which they showed how they revolted against the rule of the Very Big Corporation of America... And there were pirate accountants, who, in the end, learned that the modern theories concerning the shape of the world were disasterously wrong..... :flowers:

The book I am reading right now...

Click For Spoiler
0553576429.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Eh, cannot really think of what else to scribble down..

Prolly leave now since The Prisoner will be airing in 'bout 3 minutes..

End log.

Happy birthday Angel. :bow:

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......

Click For Spoiler
dy100refit004.jpg
Phase II

T.A.R.D.I.S. Log: 31 October 2004 A.D., Sunday

9.27 PST Earthican-time...|9.27 PST Earthican-time.

Your welcome Kerry. O_o

Playing chess with her right now... :blink:

So far, I haven't did a good number of many things this week-end..

Spent more time looking up stuff pertaining unto Back to the Future than I planned to... | ...And I still need to clean this room that's too lazy to do the job itself.. :laugh:

Primarily, the two main things I've seen on television recently were of the series of: The Prisoner and Mystery!..

The last episode of The Prisoner seemed to confuse me a bit, but that's prolly because I've missed 5 episodes of its run...

As of this Sunday. unmuch, besides me having had chatted with Sulati, Angel of Darkness, and one of my friends from the Czech Republic.

Oh, and there's also a marathon of The X-Files on right now, though, I doubt I'll watch much of it since I plan to clean this room, and spend the day reading.

Oh, and to those who understand how to read these things...

I learned how to make my own Geek Code Block, taking use of v3.12..

Click For Spoiler
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Version:

GO d++ s+:- a15 C++>++++ t* 5++>++++ X+>++++ R+ tv+++ b++++ DI+++>+++++ G++>+++++ e* y?

------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Well, I guess I'll add more later on... :nono:

End log.

lastresort.jpg42.gif

To Be Continued......