Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Men and long hair

Does a man look better with long hair or short hair?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Does a man look better with long hair or short hair?

• Long hair
    • Short hair

The reason i am asking is because i am growing mine and am beginning to get fed up with doing so.

I voted short hair but it really depends on the man. When I look back over my life I find that I have been attracted to men with short hair - not pouffy - pouffy is not good. Some men look fabulous with long hair (my definition of long hair is anything below "top of the shoulders" in length. Beware of the upkeep though. There is nothing more hidious than long greasy-looking hair - yuck!!!

I had long hair for a couple of years, I regret cutting it. The worst part about growing it is that it looks silly until you get it to the length you want and then there is no guarantee whether or not it will look good on you.

The reason i am asking is because i am growing mine and am beginning to get fed up with doing so.

Grow it!! Men with long hair look sooo sexy, as long as they look after it.

I voted short hair. Long hair only works for certain guys while short hair works for all guys!

Personally, I don't think a typical guy should grow his hair bellow the shoulders, but some can pull it off quite nicely, like my brother-in-law. :tear:

I like guys with long hair but only if they have it in a ponytail most of the time. It also shouldn't go below the shoulders like Picard said.

I voted long hair,my hair is down past my shoulders almost to the small of my back.I usually wear it in a pony tail or a braid.

You need an option for "depends on the man". Some guys look great with long hair, some just look silly.

You need an option for "depends on the man". Some guys look great with long hair, some just look silly.

Not just men, Klingons too. Don't you think Worf look so much better when he had the longer hair pulled back rather than the short hair of the first few seasons.

[Not just men, Klingons too.  Don't you think Worf look so much better when he had the longer hair pulled back rather than the short hair of the first few seasons.

I agree, Worf looked much better with the longer hair

so is this really long hair?

i sometimes have real short hair but right now have long (for me) hockey hair that goes past my ears and thats it. pretty 70s long hair type. lol. it looks cool though. actually, im pretty retro today. im even wearin my stylin massive aviator sunglasses. lol. im going to cut my hair soon though. its gettin pretty curly so im cuttin it.

Short hair, my roomate is really into wwe and is attempting, though he won't admit it, to look like a wrestler with long hair. Personally, it looks terrible.

Definitely depends on the man...

Worf did look good with long hair...

I like the guy Tyr on Andromeda but I suspect that is for the role - not the actor's real hair

All that being said - I personally find short hair attractive

Maybe you can find one of those programs that models how you would look with different lengths and you can choose which is the "real you."

Hey, didn't Worf have short hair one season, then real long hair the next? :idea:

yes Worf's hair was longer after the first season.I guess they wanted to have him look more like a Klingon.

Which season did he get long hair in?

:tear:

I voted short hair but like has been said, some can pull having long hair off with out problem.

Some guys can pull it off really well. I thought Liam Neeson looked great with the long hair in Phantom Menace.

Short hair...definately short hair!! Klingons, now there is a species where guys look decent with longer hair!

Growing up in the 70's I had long hair, about to my shoulder. In the 80's though I started attending a private school that required short hair, after that I joined the Army which required even shorter hair. By the time I got out of the Army I was starting to grow thin on top and I don't think that "thin on top" with shoulder length (or longer) hair looks good so I've kept it short for the most part.

I used to have almost waist length hair that I would pull back in a pony tail. I decided against the hippie look when I turned 22 and cut it short. It has been that way since. Imo, if a guy wants to wear his hair that way when he is young, thats ok,but when you get older it looks a bit foolish. :naughty:

I prefer long hair, because I have a big head. Most of my teen to adult life, I have had long hair. It's medium now, but growing longer. I'll probably cut it again, but I don't really like short hair. People with big heads don't need short hair!

I've had long hair off and on. I went to Catholic school for high school so I had to keep it short. I college, I was able to grow it long again. After college, I spent some misguided years in the corporate suit and tie world where I had to keep my hair short. Now that I am my own boss, I can do whatever I like so my hair length alternates according to my mood. Currently its collar length but I've been thinking about growing it longer again.

Until recently I always had short hair..But I like having long hair much better..And I don't feel it look foolish..I like that look..Right now it's a little bit past shoulder length on me and I see no reason to cut it..