Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

The Worlds Most Powerful Engine

I'm Sorry but, Holy Crap!!!! :drool: That is some kinda motha!

That's a big freakin engine. Nice to see fuel efficiency was a big concern to the designers. :drool: I'm glad I don't have to pay to keep it gassed up. :drool:

Edited by fenriz275

Damn. the ship Odie is on right now, the O'Brien, has 4 engines that produce a total of about 30,000 SHP less than that one engine. of course, the O'Brien's 80,000 shaft horsepower is at about 4500 RPMs or so, and is produced by 4 LM 2500 Gas turbines. still, nice engine. powerful, but at 102 RPM, it's designed for power, not speed, so those of you who want it in your car, you can pull anything, just don't plan on going anywhere very fast.

Hey, I just heard about this 'Perpetual Motion A** Kicking Machine', heard anything about that? :drool:

:wub: O...M...G... If that thing were any bigger you'd almost convince me we could go to mars with the damn thing!!! :wub:

Edited by scaleman

Maximum power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm

That's just a kitten compared to the real most powerful engine in the world...

f1.jpg

The F1 engine had a Max Power of 36 Million hp alone, all 5 combined to 180 Million hp.

Now THAT'S an engine... lol

Yeah, you're right VBG...

The shuttle has THE engine!!!!

:P

no doubt about the saturn iv but come on now thats not an piston engine i dont think thats all too fair, lol. :naughty: but damn

the problem with the big piston engine is it doesn't have much in terms of speed. now if you put the right transmission on that thing, get it up to maybe 7,000 RPMs then you can make something like a corvette or a frigate get up and going.

however after review, it might be a wee bit heavy for that. put it in a cruiser, and you've got one engine with 100,000 HP, maybe using a gear to reduce torque and increase RPMs, you might get it up to 1200 RPMs and actually break 35 knots, but I'm no engineer.

Edited by Lieutenant JG Jim Phaserman