Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poguemahone

TNG quiz a day

Geordi was kidnapped in The Mind's Eye. He was brainwashed to assassinate the Klingon Governor of Krios.

Next question:

What was the name of ship and its captain that the Enterprise collides with over and over again in Cause and Effect?

In Home Soil the inorganic life form called them ugly bags of mostly water.  Picard says in his log that they have been calling the life microbrain but st.com calls them Valorans so I guess it would be a human who said it.

You are right that it was a penny whistle (or tin whistle) but it is the Resikan flute.

Darn, I thought it was Reskian, but I have this horrible problem of second guessing things on quizzes or tests! One time that got me into trouble on a physics test . . .Had an A until I went back and second guessed on a few questions and ended up with a C+! I just gotta stop doing that!

Beloved.

Darn it is my turn to ask a question.

In Encounter at Farpoint, Data mentions his graduating class. THe writers made an error in this scene because they hadn't worked out the time frame. What year did he say, and what would be the correct year (Keep in mind he entered the Academy at only 3 years old)?

Good question.

In Farpoint Data says he graduated in the class of '78. His bio indicates he went to the Academy from 2341-45.

Okay, I have a good question that may sound easy but is, I hope, tricky.

What was the first episode with Sela? (hint: it isn't what you probably are thinking.)

Dang. I thought you thought we'd think (hehehe) that it was unification....oh well, I'm stumped and I'm going to bed. G'night everyone!

Rats, and I thought I had that one too! Wait a sec. I think I may have got it, but then I may have the wrong season too. Was it Sins of The Father? I knew the Romulans were helping the klingons secretly.

No not Sins of the Father. I'll give another hint:

It was an episode before Redemption. Sela appeared only in shadow but if you listened closely you would have recognized the voice.

I thought that one might be a toughie since it was an uncredited appearance.

The answer is The Mind's Eye. There is a scene where the Romulan who is brainwashing Geordi describes the procedure to another Romulan who is only seen in the shadows. Look closely at her outline and listen to the voice - it is Denise Crosby. They couldn't credit the performance or it would have given away a major plot twist in Redemption which was only a couple of episodes away.

Here's another question:

In Genesis, what type of creature did Barclay de-evolve in to?

Spider. He majorly creeped my sister out, she's arachnophobic :) :lol: :) !!

Along the same line, another animal question. . . And I know us Soongs can answer this immediately. How did Data and Picard discover the cure for the Protomorphosis Syndrome?

I thought that one might be a toughie since it was an uncredited appearance.

The answer is The Mind's Eye.  There is a scene where the Romulan who is brainwashing Geordi describes the procedure to another Romulan who is only seen in the shadows.  Look closely at her outline and listen to the voice - it is Denise Crosby.  They couldn't credit the performance or it would have given away a major plot twist in Redemption which was only a couple of episodes away. 

Here's another question:

In Genesis, what type of creature did Barclay de-evolve in to?

Dang, I KNEW it! Well, no I obviously didn't, but I was sure I heard her voice in that episode, but then I forgot.

They used nurse Ogawa's baby's ferimones-also-spelled-properly. THey realized it because Spot turned into a lizard (for some reason...) but her kittens didn;t.

Ok, my turn - how many times, in Quality of Life, did Data ADDITIONALLY try testing the exocomp? (not including the first 1)

Data completed 34 additional tests.

Maybe I stick with another Data question seeing how we Soongs seem to be the only ones playing this now. I hope others will join in too.

At one point after Ira Graves took over Data's body he was whistling a tune. What was it? (He also whistled the same tune before he died when he was talking to Data on the planet)

Wasn't it 'if I only had a heart'? (and, like the tin man and the scarecrow and the lion, Data had what he'd wanted all along. Very cute, but not too subtle...)

Yillara and DSBS, you are both right. You can arm wrestle to see who will ask the next question if you want. :)

Here's a tie breaker question -

What was the name of the woman who kissed Data because "you looked like you needed it"? Bonus if you can name the episode.