Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Where's Q?

Fenriz asked me this just yesterday. I don't know, I don't write the show. But, I'd love to see Q and Archer together again, for the first time :D :)

It'd be odd, but potentially hilarious.

I know :) Trip would probably try to sucker punch him :) :D

Wouldn't that be off Canon?

Well, Tina, actually, NO :) I mean think about it, Q Omni-potent, Ever Present, The Continuum? Whether we knew about him or not, he was there. :D

Well, Q could always erase the crew's memories on his visit on the Enterprise NX-01 (remember, he first appears in TNG's "Encounter At Farpoint" and no one has heard of the Q before).

I've read an interview with John deLancie in which he said it isn't much likely that Q will pay a visit to the Enterprise NX-01, but he didn't say that he wouldn't play it. :)

Q cannot be on Enterprise as he did not make first contact with Humanity untill 2364 in the TNG episode "Encounter at Farpoint".

There is a loop arround this though. In TNG "Q Who?", we learned that Guinnan & Q had dealings that went bad 200 years ago, which sets the conflict in the 22nd century. Both Q and Guinnan could appear in an episode of ENT, but without the crew learning who Q really is, and as for Guinnan, well, she could be checking in on the Enterprise to see if it's Picard's ship. :)

Q cannot be on Enterprise as he did not make first contact with Humanity untill 2364 in the TNG episode "Encounter at Farpoint".

There is a loop arround this though.  In TNG "Q Who?", we learned that Guinnan & Q had dealings that went bad 200 years ago, which sets the conflict in the 22nd century.  Both Q and Guinnan could appear in an episode of ENT, but without the crew learning who Q really is, and as for Guinnan, well, she could be checking in on the Enterprise to see if it's Picard's ship. :)

Yes, I remember that one. She explained to Jon-Luc what Q had done to her people, right? In the Lounge. Saying 'you don't want to mess with the Q'.

There are number of explanations for an appearance of Q, the crew doesn't even need to know he is Q..

They would not even need to see him, he could be hanging around invisibly (to the crew but not us) checking them out, seeing how interesting they are.

There are number of explanations for an appearance of Q, the crew doesn't even need to know he is Q..

They would not even need to see him, he could be hanging around invisibly (to the crew but not us) checking them out, seeing how interesting they are.

Yeah, and then he can draw the conclusion that mankind is violent and dangerous. Which is then the argument of trying to prevent the Enterprise D from going any further..

Since Q is omnipotent their are quite a few possibilities..

Oh please, no! John De Lancie has already ruined three Trek series with his OTT, pantomine-villain performaces as Q. What is left for him to do? He's been thrown out the continuum, let back, got married, had kids.... Whatever he did or Ent did it would just garner more snide remarks from the show's detractors.

Enterprise has found it's own feet and it's own style. It doesn't need to keep trying to prop itself up with stuff from other series because it stands very well enough on it's own two feet.

Howbout Trelaine from TOS? or a character like him..acourding to one of the books he was a early version of a Q..That would be more towards that timeline

Oh BTW CJ-LP Is right...Accourding to Encounter,That was his first encounter with humankind

Good idea!.....It could work.... :rofl: :( :rofl:

If Q appears on enterprise (any Q for that matter) they had best have a good reason for being there, not just for the sake of putting Q in four series.

It could be a great episode, but it could also go horribly wrong.

Q and ENT don't mix in this story arc.....

Maybe in another 2 seasons maybe, but not this season. With this season we have seen a dramatic improvement with the character development and plot devices.

all I can say is it will be hilarious and totally wrong... :rofl: