Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

LET'S GO FOR A WALK

I find a walk is very soothing. I just took a walk after sitting here for hours and hours. The fresh air, the spring flowers, the birds,my neighbors. I walked past a park and sat on the swing and just enjoyed the heck out of it. You see things you don't even notice when you drive. I like to walk around my neighborhood, it just gives you a different perspective on things. :b-day: B) Do you take walks?

I lived near a lake, and there is a three mile walking trail around it. I often walk there. It has been really hot here though.

i love to walk. i walk around a local park, i go up around the town enjoying nature. walking and jogging is just a wonderful thing for the mind. i especially enjoy it with my discman. B)

I like to walk and I love evenings - when I lived in other areas I loved to walk in the evening. Here if Florida I find mornings are better - it's hard to breathe when the air is so thick you cut it with a knife.

Yes, in the middle of the night when nobody else is out. I also like to run. I get up before the sun rises and run so that I can be alone, clear the head, and watch the sun. Good time to meditate.

Yes, in the middle of the night when nobody else is out.  I also like to run.  I get up before the sun rises and run so that I can be alone, clear the head, and watch the sun.  Good time to meditate.

If I walked around in some of the areas here in the middle of the night I'd better be wearing an Invisibility Cloak and carrying an AK-47 B) nik

Edited by Jeanway

Yes, in the middle of the night when nobody else is out.  I also like to run.  I get up before the sun rises and run so that I can be alone, clear the head, and watch the sun.  Good time to meditate.

If I walked around in some of the areas here in the middle of the night I'd better be wearing an Invisibilty Cloak and carrying an AK-47 B) nik

Yowsers! You live in a tough neighborhood or something?

I used to go for walks when I lived out in the country, I liked to climb up to the top of the hills and look out over the valley. Very peaceful. Now that I live in town the dairy mart on the corner doesn't make for the best scenery. Once in a while I go to Iroquois park and climb to the top of the hill there, you can see most of the city from there, have to watch out for the crackdealers though. B)

No, not really, it's just that there are some infiltrators from the suburbs B) :( B) I live in the city and you know, :b-day: They mix and mingle. But it's fun, anyway B) B)

No, not really, it's just that there are some infiltrators from the suburbs B)  :(  B) I live in the city and you know,  :b-day: They mix and mingle.  But it's fun, anyway B)  B)

Well, you can really meet new and exciting people that way!

No, not really, it's just that there are some infiltrators from the suburbs B)  B)  :b-day: I live in the city and you know,  B) They mix and mingle.  But it's fun, anyway :D  B)

Well, you can really meet new and exciting people that way!

If you mean exciting like getting mugged, beat up and running for your life exciting, well, yea B) But with my BIG mouth, I usually can talk my way out of anything :( and I can run really, really fast! :(

:)

Back home, I loved to walk around our small neighborhood in the evening and late at night. Nothin' beats the sound of a breeze rustling through the trees and a few crickets chirping. A few neighborhood friends and I walked around after dark almost every night just talking and hanging out. I miss it now since walking around the downtown of a city isn't as much fun for me.

I used to be a late-nigth walker. I'd take off around 8pm and come home after midnight. It's really neat to walk around at night time. Very refreshing. But at some point the neighborhood started going downhill so I stopped walking.

Now I like to go out in the mid-afternoon, weather permitting and walk around local parks. I like to go to a different park every day, so I'll hop in the car with my water bottle and find a place I haven't been for a while.

I was hoping to go out today in fact, but we had a mini-monsoon and that was enough to keep me in. :frusty:

I don't like taking a walk, indoors, like at the Y or the Health Club. It's so fake. I know there are people who actually ' walk the Mall' here. Before it opens for the day, they are given badges and can run/walk the hallways, I guess that would be ok if it were snowing or really cold out B) But I might just keep stopping and look in the store windows, seems kind of counter-productive :blink: could you just imagine 'HERDS' of running people in there, makes me laugh just thinking about it, how ridiculous. :bow: Good time for a robber to get lost in the RUNNING crowd, makes for a good get-away, I think :clap:

I don't like taking a walk, indoors, like at the Y or the Health Club. It's so fake. I know there are people who actually ' walk the Mall' here.  Before it opens for the day, they are given badges and can run/walk the hallways, I guess that would be ok if it were snowing or really cold out :clap: But I might just keep stopping and look in the store windows, seems kind of counter-productive :blink: could you just imagine 'HERDS' of running people in there, makes me laugh just thinking about it, how ridiculous. :bow: Good time for a robber to get lost in the RUNNING crowd, makes for a good get-away, I think B)

For the elderly it is safe place to go and walk. They have to change to meet other people and have a good time.

Edited by Odie

Yes, it is Odie. I meant no offense to anyone who does this. It's just not for me at this point in my life, I'd rather be outside so all the criminals can get a clear shot at me, that's all B) :blink:

Edited by Jeanway

Jeanway, I know that you mean no offense, and please don't take any when I post back to you. You are the "Grammar Police" and I am the "Fact Finder" The truth is out there somewhere. By the way, I have target on my back to make easier for the criminals to get a clean shot. B) :blink:

Jeanway, I know that you mean no offense, and please don't take any when I post back to you. You are the "Grammar Police" and I am the "Fact Finder"  The truth is out there somewhere.  By the way, I have target on my back to make easier for the criminals to get a clean shot. :blink:  :bow:

Odie, should we expand our offices to accommodate you?? B) ' Fact Finding Division', that's sounds just EXCELLENT!!!! :clap: Here we come again!!! :cops: :bow:

Jeanway, I know that you mean no offense, and please don't take any when I post back to you. You are the "Grammar Police" and I am the "Fact Finder"  The truth is out there somewhere.  By the way, I have target on my back to make easier for the criminals to get a clean shot.   :blink:  :bow:

Odie, should we expand our offices to accommodate you?? B) ' Fact Finding Division', that's sounds just EXCELLENT!!!! :clap: Here we come again!!! :cops: :bow:

That sounds interesting. :bow:

Jeanway, I know that you mean no offense, and please don't take any when I post back to you. You are the "Grammar Police" and I am the "Fact Finder"  The truth is out there somewhere.  By the way, I have target on my back to make easier for the criminals to get a clean shot.   :blink:  B)

Odie, should we expand our offices to accommodate you?? :clap: ' Fact Finding Division', that's sounds just EXCELLENT!!!! :P Here we come again!!! :cops: :bow:

That sounds interesting. :P

O.K., Your hired! Now get to work B) Just take it easy on these poor people :bow::bow::bow: ::whispers:: kid gloves ::wink::

With you the kid gloves will always be off. Just joking! :blink:

Edited by Odie