Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

DO YOU HUNT?

Do you believe in the fair hunt? The pursuit and kill? Or are you a trapper?

I believe in the fair hunt, for most creatures, however there are some I wouldn't mind laying a trap for. The Elusive Osamasaurus, for example...

i'm going to take the risk of sounding Klingon here.

You really have not lived until you've stalked a beast, killed it, prepped it, and grilled it on an open flame. I've got to say, there is something oddly empowering about squeezing the trigger, hearing the report, feeling the kick, and watching an animal drop.

No, I have not hunted and will not unless I need to to survive. How somebody can find pleasure in taking an innocent life is completely beyond me. I find it extremely disturbing. uhuh.gif

Not a hunter. will never hunt unless my life depended on it. Then I would offer my thanks to the spirit of the animal and to god!

i'm going to take the risk of sounding Klingon here.

You really have not lived until you've stalked a beast, killed it, prepped it, and grilled it on an open flame. I've got to say, there is something oddly empowering about squeezing the trigger, hearing the report, feeling the kick, and watching an animal drop.

Stardate:214281.3

I agree with Jim.

I remeber the first time I went hunting.The first time I shot a dear I felt an adreline rush and almost a surge of power knowing that I had control over this creautres life.To me the meat tastes even better knowing that you yourself put it there. :lol: "The trill of the hunt!" as they say.

Only the ladys..lol j/k no i dont hunt ,if its for food ok i can agree with it but if its just for sport i think its wrong.

I have never hunted, and I never will unless my life depends on it.. I fail to see whats so great about hunting down and killing a defenseless animal.

I hunted in high school. I haven't hunted in a while, but use a bow, don't bait, don't shine, and eat everything I get. One has a deeper respect and thankfulness for one's

meal when one has to work hard to get it, rather than pay a factory farmer to

kill it for you, and when one only kills enough to eat.

I don't hunt. Not because I have anything against it. Try growing up in a city and the only thing you will hunt is a good sale.

I believe in the fair hunt, for most creatures, however there are some I wouldn't mind laying a trap for. The Elusive Osamasaurus, for example...

There is NOTHING fair about his hunt, he is already dead, in a manner of speaking.

I don't believe in hunting for sport either. We have plenty of animal murderers busy at work everyday. I can't stand the last cry of an animal as it dies. Haunts me forever. How can people laugh as they murder? Sport? That's just an excuse. I even think fishing is murder. :(

I don't hunt.  Not because I have anything against it.  Try growing up in a city and the only thing you will hunt is a good sale.

I'm a bargin hunter too!

No offence to the ladies that hunt, cuz I know there are, or the guys that DONT hunt...but I think hunting is mostly a guy thing.

If I HAD to hunt for food, I would. I know how, even. At least in theory. If I had to kill a deer, for instance, I'd prolly sit down and bawl afterward though. I see nothing wrong with hunting, if you are going to eat it. I think its sick to mount the poor thing on your wall though. Just what the poor animal wanted. People viewing its dead body. Sport hunting is just wrong. I don't know if I would have the.....(the only proper word I can think of is "balls" and we should all know THATS inapropriate for me) whatever to kill an animal though. I mean...the only BUG I don't have problems killing are roachs, ticks and mosquitoes. Even grasshoppers I hate killing. And I DETEST grasshoppers. :) Nastly little bbb.....bugs. :flex:

I don't hunt, however i've killed several animals for food, my best friend hunts rabbit regularly with his dog, he just does it for fun, and to get free exercise and food for his pet :flex:

I don't have the time to hunt and my parents doon't do it so I can't as I'm thirteen and have transportation issues

No, I don't hunt or never have. I did go fishing with my dad when I was little.

I have seen people wring a chickens neck or slaughter a hog (at least part of the process)

If I ever have to hunt to survive I will be in trouble. That's why I'm trying to learn to be a gardener.

I never hunted, but I used to fish a lot. Never had much luck. On the other hand, my Dad was very good at hunting, and we were always excited when he did, because we would usually have something new to have for dinner, and it was always good - well, except for the moose! :laugh: